+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I already have a valid CSQ(Quebec Selection Certificate) , Can i apply for Federal Express Entry ?

bhavik1812

Jul 10, 2017
I have a valid CSQ and i want to apply for PR so My question is Can i Apply for Federal Express Entry Program and get my PR in a faster mode rather than going for a normal application of PR which will take more time than Federal Express Entry ??

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I have a valid CSQ and i want to apply for PR so My question is Can i Apply for Federal Express Entry Program and get my PR in a faster mode rather than going for a normal application of PR which will take more time than Federal Express Entry ??
Well, having a CSQ makes your case weaker to apply for Express Entry. You have to really really convince the VO about your intentions not to reside in Quebec. You are already having a CSQ which means you intent to reside in Quebec in VO's perspective. The onus is upon you to prove to the VO that you do not intent to reside in Quebec.

Express Entry from Quebec is a 50-50 chance, depends on how much you can make the VO convinced. There is an option to upload Letter of Explanation in Express Entry, you have to write an intention of not residing in Quebec letter there because having a CSQ makes the VO skeptic about your intentions. Search in this forums for the content of that letter. Many have done that.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Well, having a CSQ makes your case weaker to apply for Express Entry. You have to really really convince the VO about your intentions not to reside in Quebec. You are already having a CSQ which means you intent to reside in Quebec in VO's perspective. The onus is upon you to prove to the VO that you do not intent to reside in Quebec.

Express Entry from Quebec is a 50-50 chance, depends on how much you can make the VO convinced. There is an option to upload Letter of Explanation in Express Entry, you have to write an intention of not residing in Quebec letter there because having a CSQ makes the VO skeptic about your intentions. Search in this forums for the content of that letter. Many have done that.
I agreed, EE chances from Quebec is 50-50, but that is also before CSQ is issued,

Once you have CSQ you can expect somewhere around 30-70.

Reactions: scylla

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
you can move out of Quebec and/or get a job outside Quebec, then sign an apartment lease in Toronto for example. all of these together can demonstrate that you don't have the intention to live in Quebec.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
you can move out of Quebec and/or get a job outside Quebec, then sign an apartment lease in Toronto for example. all of these together can demonstrate that you don't have the intention to live in Quebec.
Agreed this information is enough but he might get an Counter fit for the CSQ, so to be safe, you can cancel your CSQ and then move to Ontario.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Can we apply CSQ as well as express entry at the same time?
meaning CSQ application is in process and got Express Entry invitation as well (after sometime)
what will happen in that case.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hello Can we apply CSQ as well as express entry at the same time?
meaning CSQ application is in process and got Express Entry invitation as well (after sometime)
what will happen in that case.
Yes you can, lots of people are doing this.

Reactions: Vishnutorres

jaime_rz

Jun 16, 2018
Yes you can, lots of people are doing this.
Hi, I have the same question but I have already applied for my CSQ (2 years ago) and have still not received it. I do not live in Canada, meaning that I applied as a foreigner (mon projet quebec), can I register in EE and if I get invited to apply then write a letter to the Quebec government to ask them to cancel my ongoing application? Would my application for a CSQ somehow jeopardize my EE application? I do not want to trade a "safe" application for an "unsafe" one, even if I am feeling more attracted to english provinces now.

leonardasobo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
PELASE GUYS HELP ME LOOK AT MY SOP AND COMMENT PLEASE

APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT

Respected Sir/Madam,

I Tang Leonard Asobo has Completed High school from Progressive Comprehensive High School Bamenda with honors and also graduated from the National Institute of Youths and Sports with higher National Diploma in sports. Following this, I have been working for the public service as a secondary school sports teacher for 4 years. As a teacher, I am kindled with an ambition of higher education that will give a desired push to my aspiration as professional coach. With a strong will to pursue my further studies in Quebec, Canada, I strongly believe I am prepared because of the following reasons;

I was brought up in a well-disciplined and Christian family (please see exhibit 14 below) and this helped me to maintain a consistent and excellent academic, moral and extracurricular record. I captained the football school teams both in high school and Professional school. I have won the Gold medal twice for best outstanding performance at the National FENASCO sports competition, (2010-2014) and was also awarded the best teacher of the year in 2016-2017 at Tassah Secondary Academy where I currently teach.

I grew up in a neighborhood where football had a major impact in our community. Throughout my life, I have been a keen sportsman. Playing football, online gaming and muscle building.My passion for coaching began when I joined my high school football team as captain at the age of 15.My dedication, loyalty,team spiritand tactical strategies which I demonstrated during the National CADET Football competition inspired to become a football coach. Asa trained and experienced sports teacher, I believe it is time for me to further deepen and refine my expertise through football coaching course which has led to me take admission in one of the top Universities in Canada.

PURPOSE OF VISIT

I have been offered admission with5000 CAD Scholarshipfor 4 years sports study program at Bishops University Quebec, Canada which is currently the first institution forstudent’s satisfaction in Canada.(please see exhibit 1 below).The Sports studies which I intend to do at Bishops University will cover courses which were not offered when I was in professional school. Some of these courses are : The theory of coaching, Advanced Exercise Science, Cognition and motivation in sports, statistical analysis for business decisions ,physical and mental health and so much more which I could not acquire at my previous school.

Furthermore, the application of latest technologies in sports is of major of importance for an aspiring coach, as a sports teacher, I attest to the fact that my country is far from embracing this improvements not because of financial limitations but unskilled laborers as technology in sports is concerned. I believe studying sports at Bishops University will put me at the cutting edge of these facilities and with the knowledge acquired I will be able contribute positively to this factor.

WHY CANADA?
I short-listed two colleges, one in Canada and the other in Australia. After consulting with my peers and seniors and checking course contents thoroughly online, I am convinced that Canada is a better option as it has developed a first-rate education system with high standards and global recognition.
Canadian culture is more diverse and vibrant. It is considered peaceful, safe and orderly country. Being a country of immigrants from all over the World, different perspectives are respected and learning together is encouraged. Tuition fees and living expenses are also in favour of Canada when compared to other countries with equally good education system like the United States of America.

WHY BISHOPS UNIVERSITY?

I have come to learn that Bishops University is one of largest, most diversified and highly respected University in Canada.Bishops University is well known for its outstanding annual award by MacLean’s Magazine as Best University of student’s satisfaction. The University provides excellent facilities and opportunities which is ideal for me in pursuing my career as a coach, since it provides a unique mix of educational advantages. This program brings together participants from all over the world, so I would be in contact with diverse cultures and I would also develop an international network. It would be very rewarding to share and exchange thoughts and ideas with a group of people who are from different nationalities, cultural orientations and schools of thought on one platform.

FUTURE PLANS AFTER STUDIES

I am currently a government teacher on a study leave with pay (please see exhibit 10 below).To maintain my employment status, I am required by the government to come back home after studies with certificates achieved so as to be considered for pension, change of category and promotion into Cameroon Football Federation (FECAFOOT). Also, I have been guaranteed a job position as interim coach for the Cameroon Junior National team (please see exhibit 12 below).My objective is to gain valuable skills in my profession which will help me to move in the higher levels and also coach my country’s JuniorNational Football Teamwho currently do not have a coach. After being a part of Bishops University I am sure, I would grow into aProfessional and an outstanding graduate.I am also my father’s next of Kin by tradition and I must come back home to fulfill my traditional rights (please see exhibit 11 below).

PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCES

My sponsor (student’s Father) has paid my enrollment deposit and isshowing sufficient funds (30000 CAD) and personal assets (Land certificate and Tenancy agreement) to meet the University’s Tuition fee, travelling expenses and my living cost during my stay in Canada. I have enclosed these documents with my application (please see exhibits 2, 3 and 4 below).

Please consider my request at earliest possible, so that I would meet
my course in time and also find the necessary documents attached with this application.

Thank you,

Yours Truly

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
@leonardasobo this is not the right forum to discuss your SOP and you are hijacking on an irrelevant thread. Create a new thread in the study permit section of this forum.

Having said that, I can already see several flags in your letter indicating intent to remain in Canada after studies. You said a good reason was that studying in Canada was cheaper.. Careful!! only an immigrant would say that otherwise you'd study in your own home country which would be far cheaper than Canada I suppose.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Hi guys,

I am in a tough situation and want to make life changing decision. I live in Montreal and I got my CSQ 1 month ago and my work permit expires in 9 months. I also have ITA through EE both federal skilled workers and Canadian Experience class with a score of 461. I still haven’t applied neither QSW nor EE.
My employer recognizes me as a good employee but they have a stupid policy of not helping people to extend their work permit as a closed work permit tied to their company. I know if I apply for QSW it will take 17 months and I’ll become super anxious in a few months to how extend my work permit in Quebec as there is no bridg work permit option when you apply for QSW.
At the same time I have my uncle and many friends in Ottawa that I have as a support for my proof of intention to move outside of Quebec. Plus, my employer not helping me with my work permit adds to my intention to move outside of Quebec. I had studied in Ottawa before and I have the option to put my name in the lease with my previous roommate. Also I have started applying for jobs in Ottawa.
That all being said, if I apply for EE while having my CSQ but very strong proofs for my intention what do you think will happen in my case?

Thanks

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
I suppose you can apply for EE even if you are in Montreal and are under a work permit. However since you applied, and were granted, a CSQ this is an indication that you wish to stay in Quebec. You cannot apply for EE and then settle in Quebec and vice versa. This is an agreement between Quebec as a province and the Federal government that they manage their own immigration, and I can tell you neither side wants to be in violation of this agreement by taking in immigrants intended for the other side.

If you want to apply for EE, you have to write to MIDI and ask them to withdraw your CSQ. You still have to declare in PR that you had a CSQ and that it was revoked because you changed your plans.