+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds processing time

abumohd

May 14, 2019
IRCC try to meet the timeline, however, in some cases they skip the timeline.
Some cases in the express entry are reported where the application was untouched till the time notes were not ordered. Although ordering notes is not the legal or write way to move the application but when you order the notes, the immigration officer has to enter a comment which helps the application to open again.
My Lawyer submitted my application and I honestly do no understand the procedure. I saw some people saying there are stages. stage one then medical then another 10 months for the Card!! I'm actually confused lol.

my application status is now "In process" when I login to check the status. I'm not sure what stage am I in and my lawyer is on Vacation and I cannot get in touch with him

will it change for example to approve hopefully in a couple of months and then they just send me the card?? or how does it work?

thank you so much for the help!!

Reactions: lunamenezes

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
My Lawyer submitted my application and I honestly do no understand the procedure. I saw some people saying there are stages. stage one then medical then another 10 months for the Card!! I'm actually confused lol.

my application status is now "In process" when I login to check the status. I'm not sure what stage am I in and my lawyer is on Vacation and I cannot get in touch with him

will it change for example to approve hopefully in a couple of months and then they just send me the card?? or how does it work?

Good question ac

Reactions: abumohd

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Good to know , my lawyer ask last week “update request “ from the CIC .. but she said that they take between 10-20 to respond this kind request ... did you heard about this ?
Yes, the webform is what they might be talking about it, that will only give you partial information and sometime a generally reply.
All the links of web form, Call,gcms is provided in my sig

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......

The communication from IRCC will be done via email mentioned in the application. All the communication is done on that email.
Updates on the account take time.
Lawyers are sometimes least concern after they take up the case, which is weird.

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Yes, the webform is what they might be talking about it, that will only give you partial information and sometime a generally reply.
Thank you for your help .. it’s so hard to wait in the dark ... a lot of people in this much months had already reach the first stage approval.. medical .. It just don’t feel right :(

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thank you for your help .. it’s so hard to wait in the dark ... a lot of people in this much months had already reach the first stage approval.. medical .. It just don’t feel right :(
Every application has different processing time so don't lose hope stay tight and you will clear this huddle. All the best

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
In terms of GCMS notes.. Its my 4th time I order gcms notes. Every time it took 30 days, but the last one is been more than 45 days and nothing replied.. is there anyway to check why is been delayed?
Thanks

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018

Hi,

Your ecas will not show you your application stage on H&C. You will just see ( RECEIVED , IN PROCESS or DECISION MADE ) Usually if you see DECISION MADE before paying all the fees, doing your medical exam and giving you PCC and financial proof, the decision must be a refusal.

H&C is two stage process,

STAGE 1: Goes from apply to approval in principle (AIP) also called first stage approval thats ends stage 1. After AIP your status will remain IN PROCESS.

STAGE 2: begins after AIP, fews days to fews months Medical exam will be request, then PR fees, Police Clearance and Financial proof. In this stage secutity clearance will begin and can be time consuming. When you passed all those requirements your ecas will turn to DECISION MADE and you must receive a letter saying that your application is now completed and then an appointement will follow for your Confirmation Of Permanent Residency. After that up to 2 months later your CARD will come by postal service.

Stage 1 takes about 1.5 - 2 years, sometime less, but when first stage is short, stage 2 must be longer (i.e: My stage1 took 7-8 months but stage2 tooks 22 months and counting...)

Stage 2 takes about one year for most of people, only few got DM in 4-8 months, you can take a look at this H&C applicants spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YJ9uP_eDyzLjDiu3280BGMxp7wXZrZX69M4Ni6WqqHs/edit#gid=1265032437

Also you must ask your lawyer for the possibily to apply for EE while you H&C still in process ( in case EE not recognise your working/study point depending on your current legal status )

In term of processing time, EE is a lightning beside of H&C.

Reactions: abumohd

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
In terms of GCMS notes.. Its my 4th time I order gcms notes. Every time it took 30 days, but the last one is been more than 45 days and nothing replied.. is there anyway to check why is been delayed?
Thanks
Where did you order it from? Raise a complaint or ask the third party to raise one if you took the services

abumohd

May 14, 2019
Hi,

Your ecas will not show you your application stage on H&C. You will just see ( RECEIVED , IN PROCESS or DECISION MADE ) Usually if you see DECISION MADE before paying all the fees, doing your medical exam and giving you PCC and financial proof, the decision must be a refusal.

H&C is two stage process,

STAGE 1: Goes from apply to approval in principle (AIP) also called first stage approval thats ends stage 1. After AIP your status will remain IN PROCESS.

STAGE 2: begins after AIP, fews days to fews months Medical exam will be request, then PR fees, Police Clearance and Financial proof. In this stage secutity clearance will begin and can be time consuming. When you passed all those requirements your ecas will turn to DECISION MADE and you must receive a letter saying that your application is now completed and then an appointement will follow for your Confirmation Of Permanent Residency. After that up to 2 months later your CARD will come by postal service.

Stage 1 takes about 1.5 - 2 years, sometime less, but when first stage is short, stage 2 must be longer (i.e: My stage1 took 7-8 months but stage2 tooks 22 months and counting...)

Stage 2 takes about one year for most of people, only few got DM in 4-8 months, you can take a look at this H&C applicants spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YJ9uP_eDyzLjDiu3280BGMxp7wXZrZX69M4Ni6WqqHs/edit#gid=1265032437

Also you must ask your lawyer for the possibily to apply for EE while you H&C still in process ( in case EE not recognise your working/study point depending on your current legal status )

In term of processing time, EE is a lightning beside of H&C.
Thank you so much for the help and the clarification.

In your opinion, or if it was you, would you drop the H&C and apply for EE or will you stay with H&C.

I just do not want to waste time and get a refusel or it takes very long.

i submitted my application on July 2017 and they started processing my application on March 2018