File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thats great I mean that you were able to apply that way.

I too want to apply for my mum but worried if application is refused then she wont be able to come back right?
I wouldn't say that she won't be able to come back. I think it's more accurate to say that there's a good chance it will be very difficult to return in the future on a visitor visa or super visa.

However you'll certainly still be able to sponsor her for PR through the parent / grandparent program.

Reactions: GCL29

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I too want to apply for my mum but worried if application is refused then she wont be able to come back right?
Your application would have a few obstacles right away. Your mother seems to have lived with her sister for over 5 years so she is not alone in India. I do see that you are concerned that your mother has been left without a home after their separation. You could rent a home for your mother. Looking at your mother’s application history your mother extended her TRV for 3 years until it was denied, applied for a WP right before or after the TRV extension was denied. Your mother has attempted multiple times to secure a TRV or supervisa again but has been denied multiple times. She has been recently approved so if she is denied an H&C she will have a long record of trying to stay in Canada and getting a visitor visa will become difficult again. Why not have your mother come to Canada on her supervisa and attempt to secure a spot via PGP?

GCL29

Apr 6, 2021

Well I would not concentrate on the negative outcome yet. But instead make sure that you have a strong application and strong ties to Canada.

DOCTOR1

Jul 13, 2013
Application started: November 27, 2020
1st Stage Approval Letter Received : 22 February 2021
Medical Submitted: 18 March 2021
Police Report :
Family Medical Date Back Home: 18 March 2021
PR Received : 21 June 2021

My family is in back home, Do I need to sponsor them separately ? Please advice
Thanks

GCL29

Apr 6, 2021
Police Report :

Thanks
Hmm, I am not that equipped with knowledgeable about the whole H&C. But All I can say is that, I applied H&C for my self but my children were included in my application.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
But what's your H&C ? You came on a visitor visa, work permit rejected ...twice , wife had a kid here . Unless I'm missing something , what's your reason to go down the H&C route ? Your lawyer can say anything, but you have to have a reason . Having a kid isn't typically one
The lawyer just wanted to get money from you....I got my PR through H&C this year march 2021. I came to canada as a student since 2009 and have been around the community working and volunteering. I moved to 10 provinces working for PR purposes. I got several study permit approvals, open work permit and employer specific work permit...Have lots of evidence and communal work, paid taxes for more than 10 years, with a bachelors degree in canada, fully established and lives foot prints in all the provinces i've been to in canada save the 3 territories. I'm a community man aside my usual work and but i never got a skilled job and as a result never qualfied for economic class and the english writing was crazy on me. I wrote english(IELST-I understand they always use your previous results to examine your next results and fails you to get more money..whatever) more than 5 times for express entry. Hired a lawyer who took my money and didnt do anything for me. Lawyers advised me and said youve done almost everything and wondered why i wasnt getting my PR ....Because of community work, some companies like salvation army published volunteer work news about me online with higher positive outlook and more evidence like 25 letters from people from different provinces...I applied for H&C June 2019 and by March 2021, i got my PR approved...This case of mine is a typical example of H&C. Even IRCC officers were impressed of maintaining status throughout my 11 plus years in canada as an observation...Not every route works for everyone. Look at where you are and what will work best for you and apply but you must qualify to live in canada

Last edited:

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Police Report :

Thanks
Yes, i am in the same boat...I added my spouse and i had to sponsor her as well but that application for spousal sponsorship wont be long like the 12 month period...They were included in the application but as unaccompanying. IRCC already have their information on file so it will be quicker and let say 6 month but you must sponsor them all and if possible apply for TRV and if approved, they come in to stay by while they wait for their sponsorship application decision....However, if the application is refused and it is outland, you can file to the court for reversal or dispute the officers decisions in 30 days period so you have another option unlike inland application that when application gets refused, you have to start everything all over again...

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hmm, I am not that equipped with knowledgeable about the whole H&C. But All I can say is that, I applied H&C for my self but my children were included in my application.
Unlike other categories, H&C even though you add your family or include them in the application, if you get approved to become PR, it wouldn't be the same for your family members and spouse etc..You will have to sponser them seperately again but because their informations are already with IRCC, the application will be faster than then 12 month waiting sponsorship period etc...So be ready to sponsor them if you get approved to become PR through H&C as their security and criminality will be approved with yours but they must be sponsered again. I went through that path and that's the not so good aspect about H&C aside the long time wait....It took me 21 month for mine to get approved after 11 years in canada and as a degree holder and but throughout my experience i got all visa's approved when i applied for more study permit to go to school again, open work permit then was a one time shop , employer specific work permits, TRV visa's...I worked hard and made money so i was using all my money for all these applications and processes....I hired a lawyer who didnt do anything for me back in 2017 so i have sued the law firm now....i want my money back and the law society of ontario is looking into it....They must vomit my money for me......Some of this consultants and lawyers for immigration purposes takes advantage over the clueless and ever since my eyes were opened i did everything for myself and gets approved even faster

GCL29

Apr 6, 2021
Unlike other categories, H&C even though you add your family or include them in the application, if you get approved to become PR, it wouldn't be the same for your family members and spouse etc..You will have to sponser them seperately again but because their informations are already with IRCC, the application will be faster than then 12 month waiting sponsorship period etc...So be ready to sponsor them if you get approved to become PR through H&C as their security and criminality will be approved with yours but they must be sponsered again. I went through that path and that's the not so good aspect about H&C aside the long time wait....It took me 21 month for mine to get approved after 11 years in canada and as a degree holder and but throughout my experience i got all visa's approved when i applied for more study permit to go to school again, open work permit then was a one time shop , employer specific work permits, TRV visa's...I worked hard and made money so i was using all my money for all these applications and processes....I hired a lawyer who didnt do anything for me back in 2017 so i have sued the law firm now....i want my money back and the law society of ontario is looking into it....They must vomit my money for me......Some of this consultants and lawyers for immigration purposes takes advantage over the clueless and ever since my eyes were opened i did everything for myself and gets approved even faster
Thanks for the info, I assumed that it is automatically applied to the family members included in the application.
Your sacrifices are all worth it, so God is good!

Reactions: Pear23

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks for the info, I assumed that it is automatically applied to the family members included in the application.
Your sacrifices are all worth it, so God is good!
Nope....All H&C family members you add even though you add them but they are all unaccompanied and must sponsor them...unlike economic, CEC etc

GCL29

Apr 6, 2021
Nope....All H&C family members you add even though you add them but they are all unaccompanied and must sponsor them...unlike economic, CEC etc
Good to know, I just thought it works that way since my atty is asking for their passports already. These infos help a lot, thank again

Reactions: efie

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
COVID 19 Making problems around the world, including Canada, now we have critical situations no job ,, no H&C application approved till 2 years , deep trouble us .. do you know what immigration thing-king about this?
No....That is relative and it depends on your case. I applied through H&C June 2019 on account of well establised in Canada and within 18 month, i got the first stage approved and on the 21 month which is March this year, i got the 2 stage approved as well!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Can I ask how you submit your financial information. Thank you for the help
The only one who gets the visa and PR is the one inland or living in canada but every other person on the file are seen to be unaccompanied and needs to be sponsored but since their informations are filed with IRCC ,the processing will be faster

Last edited:

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Police Report :

Thanks
Yes...You are the only person who qualifies for the PR automatically but every other person you included are seen as unaccompanied and will all needs to be sponsored by you again but the process of sponsorship instead of a 1 year and more will be lesser than that so lets say between 6 month or even more but start everything quick.....Apply to sponsor all of them immediately but you still have wait until you get your PR approved first...So when the COPR comes, use that to apply for them quickly because the PR card takes long to come as well! Let say, a 1-3 month. Oh ok, i just realised you got the PR already so use the COPR to apply to sponser them asap

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
The lawyer just wanted to get money from you....I got my PR through H&C this year march 2021. I came to canada as a student since 2009 and have been around the community working and volunteering. I moved to 10 provinces working for PR purposes. I got several study permit approvals, open work permit and employer specific work permit...Have lots of evidence and communal work, paid taxes for more than 10 years, with a bachelors degree in canada, fully established and lives foot prints in all the provinces i've been to in canada save the 3 territories. I'm a community man aside my usual work and but i never got a skilled job and as a result never qualfied for economic class and the english writing was crazy on me. I wrote english(IELST-I understand they always use your previous results to examine your next results and fails you to get more money..whatever) more than 5 times for express entry. Hired a lawyer who took my money and didnt do anything for me. Lawyers advised me and said youve done almost everything and wondered why i wasnt getting my PR ....Because of community work, some companies like salvation army published volunteer work news about me online with higher positive outlook and more evidence like 25 letters from people from different provinces...I applied for H&C June 2019 and by March 2021, i got my PR approved...This case of mine is a typical example of H&C. Even IRCC officers were impressed of maintaining status throughout my 11 plus years in canada as an observation...Not every route works for everyone. Look at where you are and what will work best for you and apply but you must qualify to live in canada

Thanks for sharing your story with us and congrats to you. I am doing my h&c application myself. I have few questions I will like to ask you.

1) Do you have any valid visa ( or was your visa expired) when you applied for h&c?

2) Do you mind me asking the template you use in writing your H&C application. I mean the order of content on how you wrote your cover letter?
Is there a website you can recommend?

3) How many pages is your cover letter?

4) what would you say made your application stand that made IRCC approve your PR?

5) What advice would you give me that will improve my chances of approval?