+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge CIC Delay on permit extension HELP

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
I really understand your feeling.
Consultant is my lawyer. I am not sure how she could see it. Honestly, when yesterday she told me it , I did not understand but patiently was waiting for.
Today she told me that usually when people have rejection, they give answers quickly. Also, I spoke with my friends, they said that usually they gave 3 months more. then, do not worry, you will get it
Good luck for everyone
Thank you!

mannighuman46

Nov 30, 2018
I applied my wp ext And wife’s sp ext on 14 sept. I got my approval today. Hey have changed my final decision on approval but they haven’t send me any new messages on my account. Hopefully We receive our hard copies in mail box by next week.

Last edited:

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
In the end it worked out alright, they did wait for me, however it was a nightmare, countless sleepless nights. What I ended up doing is going to a port of entry, flagpoling and applying for a PGWP at the border. The officers at the border do in 15 min what CIC takes 60 days, so as soon as I got my extension I've gone there and it was the best thing I did.
So you still only went to the border when you got your extension (is it possible to get the extension and PGWP at the border at the same time)? May I know how long it takes you finally. It is 3.5 months already for me... I see many people who submitted files after me got approved already, but mine still no updates. I send them emails and they say they could see it is in processing.

Thank you very much!

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Hi guys, any updates or approval who submitted their applications on August? Mine still no new update..submitted application last august 27..
Thanks!

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys, any updates or approval who submitted their applications on August? Mine still no new update..submitted application last august 27..
Thanks!
Mine was refused as they said my CAQ (needed in Quebec) was expired. But in fact they take 3 and half months to process my SP extension, and my CAQ was expired during their long processing time... (CAQ just expired 5 days)...

I only need just several days to go to the border to replace my PGWP, but they refused me, and now I lose my status...

Is it possible I argue with them? Any chance?

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Mine was refused as they said my CAQ (needed in Quebec) was expired. But in fact they take 3 and half months to process my SP extension, and my CAQ was expired during their long processing time... (CAQ just expired 5 days)...

I only need just several days to go to the border to replace my PGWP, but they refused me, and now I lose my status...

Is it possible I argue with them? Any chance?
I was refused last year with extension too( but it was work permit). I got restoration status. You can apply for restatoration and after for visitor visa.
What does CAQ mean?
As I understood, you had to apply in July, right ?but nobody knows about processing times.

Last edited:

Swathi_raju

Nov 30, 2018
Hi, I have not got any update on my SP extension still. Applied on September 19th. However the processing time now shows they are processing applications from October 2nd. I applied way back then oct 2nd have not heard anything. I’m worried! Anyone facing the same issue? Or not got heard back on applications before September 19th?

Reactions: rashisingh223

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Hi, I have not got any update on my SP extension still. Applied on September 19th. However the processing time now shows they are processing applications from October 2nd. I applied way back then oct 2nd have not heard anything. I’m worried! Anyone facing the same issue? Or not got heard back on applications before September 19th?
it takes time. approx 3 months. and 95 days

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Yeah, online says its only 53 days.., but mine almost 3 months...applied aug.27 but nothing is change..no new update... anyone here have same problem with mine.?

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
Hi!how did you know that ur application is refused? Did they send u a letter or did emailed you?
I get notification, and I checked and found it was refused. Mine was due to CAQ. In fact based on normal processing time, I do not need new CAQ as I already graduated during the waiting period.
Good luck to yours. I applied on Aug 18 and get notification on Dec 5, so you would perhaps know yours somewhere around Dec 14.