+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prove intent to return to Canada after my spouse gets PR?

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
Hi! Did you get your PR based on the below? We have a similar situation in terms of living and no jobs. I realise this is from years ago ha

I am living outside Canada while I wait for my partner's PR to come, we applied, and I didn't have any job or job offer, although I have some friends who will let us stay in their basement until we get on our feet, and just took a screenshot of that facebook message and included it. I didn't have any notarized letter in my application. But I also explained how I will support myself financially, included bank statements to show I have some money to support us while we're getting on our feet, explained that my partner's friend will help him get a job when we get to Canada. We also included a copy of my partner's university transcripts to show he has education and skills to get a job.

So basically, I just wrote a detailed plan of what we'll do, where we'll live and how we'll support ourselves, especially in the beginning when we will be looking for jobs.

I think it's important that they feel confident that you will be alright financially when you get to Canada, so your spouse (the PR) is not going to need social assistance.