+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

HisAma

Jul 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
AOR Received.
01-10-2017
We are on our 3rd set of notes. It is painfully slow, this process. We are almost at the 9 month mark since we sent in our application and yes blah blah blah we are still within normal processing time. However it doesn't help that you see almost everyone else who applied from different VO's at about the same time as us already have gotten their PR. There is basically only about half a dozen people left from January who applied who are still on this forum and people who applied from March and April getting their PR's now, so it is so depressing for us.

To make matters worse, I can't see my spouse because he has this awful job he can't quit where he is on call all the time and when he tries to take vacation time, they will surely call him and he has to go in to fix problems. Therefore we have not seen each other for 9 months. He doesn't dare to quit his job because he knows when he gets to Canada, it will be a while before he finds a half decent job because they don't recognize his credentials from his home country and hence he will have to go back to school, so he needs to save money.

So yes the only thing keeping us sane is to order GCMS notes, which is also a painful process because you have to wait one month to get them and now it seems it is more than one month because so many people order them all because the VO's don't communicate with what is happening for months on end. This is one of the major flaws in this whole process that needs to be fixed. I am sure people will gladly pay extra for them to hire some high school graduate to enter into GCKey what the status of their application is and so they don't have to order these notes and call IRCC call centre or contact their MP's. We already pay an arm and a leg to go through this process ... (Immigration consultants, lawyers etc.) Not to mention we also pay for the notes. Someone please start a petition to lobby for these simple changes!
FYI - You're not alone. The visa office in Accra, Ghana is also VERY slow.... averaging 12-13 months before requesting for interview, passports, etc. They're currently processing applications from Oct 2016.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
FYI - You're not alone. The visa office in Accra, Ghana is also VERY slow.... averaging 12-13 months before requesting for interview, passports, etc. They're currently processing applications from Oct 2016.
Sorry you are in the same situation. It is just very frustrating to see people from March and April 2017 getting their PPR while we get passed by.

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
What can l (PA) use as a proof that I am in Canada since my passport wasn't stamped?
PS: I already know that l can ask my sponsor to order in my behalf but what if l want to do it myself?

Sorobu

Dec 4, 2015
Hello,

I just ordered my gcms notes but didn't attach a supporting document like a passport or visa.. should I reapply and pay the fee again?

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello,

I just ordered my gcms notes but didn't attach a supporting document like a passport or visa.. should I reapply and pay the fee again?
Hi,

Someone from ATIP will email you for the supporting documents within a few weeks; no need to pay again!

Sorobu

Dec 4, 2015
Hi,

Someone from ATIP will email you for the supporting documents within a few weeks; no need to pay again!
Thank you for your response.

Will this slow down the application or will the process time be the same?

I'd be inclined to do it again if it will slow it, just because I would like them before things start to slow down for the Christmas holidays

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
for file number is it uci or application number>?

im assuming app #
Client ID Number = UCI number
File Number(s) = Applicant Table Application Number: EP12345678

urvish29

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Oshawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Doc's Request.
18-10-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22-11-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
28-11-2017
Interview........
PENDING
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
08-03-2018
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!

I followed these steps to order GCMS notes but it did not ask for payment.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Dear All,

I have 2 SOWP Rejections.

Application No.01 - SOWP Applied Online On 27-02-2017 / Status As On 05-05-2017 : Refused
Application No.02 - SOWP Applied Online On 27-05-2017 / Status As On 06-11-2017 : Refused

So today my wife applied for GCMS Notes for the Application No.02.

So my doubt is is it ok if she will apply for the GCMS Notes for the Application No.01, because both are 2 diffrenet applications with 2 different file number?

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
File Transfer...
18-07-2017