+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to link an exiting CIC account(Sign-in Partner) to a new one(GC key)

will_thunder

May 24, 2015
Hi Guys!
First I want thanks everyone who gave me suggestion last time, which is very helpful. However, the journey just started and never easy, more and more issues comes...
I am facing a new problem now: I had a account using Sigin-in partner(TD bank), well now I decide to hire a Representative for me but I don't want to share my bank info to him. I was told I can create an new account using GCkey and link my old account to it, however, when I do that, after click" Link application to this account, the category I can choose are either study or work permit but nothing about immigration or EE. Anyone have done this before? very appraciate if someone can help with it.

Hope everyone have great week!

Nina64

Mar 7, 2015
In the same boat...closed my bank account at Scotiabank and lost my login access!! Have you been able to link your Express Entry since?

arcrocks

Jul 24, 2015
Same issue.

I have submitted my PR application under the Express Entry program. All has been well and the application is under review.

However, my bank card was recently replaced. So I cannot log in to my old MyCIC account. I was asked to create a new profile (and I was under the impression that my old application would be retrieved). Indeed, there is a tab which says "Link an existing application to this account". If I go to this link, the only options for applications are related to visas and work/study permits.

I emailed the CIC and they said "Please note that it is not possible to link an Express Entry application to your new MyCIC account. If you are not able to login your first MyCIC account, you may submit a new application."

If indeed this is how it is, this is exhausting and frustrating! Have other members had similar experiences? Is there a solution through which I can avoid having to go through the entire application all over again (not my first time)?

JanP

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
Hello!

Did you end up getting a resolution to this? I am finding myself in the exact same position and am trying to figure out what my options are to access my Express Entry profile.

JanP

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
I got a new bank card and hence the old card number is activated and so I do not have access to that anymore. My only option seems to be to link my prev application to my new account. Any ideas?

JanP

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2017
LANDED..........
21-05-2017
JanP said:
I got a new bank card and hence the old card number is activated and so I do not have access to that anymore. My only option seems to be to link my prev application to my new account. Any ideas?
Figured this out today with the help of some other threads and another user who led me to some more!

1.Choose the application number and family name option
2.Put in a blank space for the city of birth
3.No passport details but filled everything else and it worked!

So relieved!

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Figured this out today with the help of some other threads and another user who led me to some more!

1.Choose the application number and family name option
2.Put in a blank space for the city of birth
3.No passport details but filled everything else and it worked!

So relieved!
@JanP ,I am facing the same problem. The current option is to select select either City of birth or Passport details. Either one is mandatory. Can you please advise how you went about this?

AaronZhuo

May 3, 2018
@JanP ,I am facing the same problem. The current option is to select select either City of birth or Passport details. Either one is mandatory. Can you please advise how you went about this?
Hey, I am not sure if you figured it out or not. But you can create a new Mycic account and you should be able to link your application to your new account during daytime.

Reactions: Wunderkid

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Hey, I am not sure if you figured it out or not. But you can create a new Mycic account and you should be able to link your application to your new account during daytime.
Thanks for responding @AaronZhuo . I did manage to create a new account and link my application. The CIC webform support were quite helpful actually.

AaronZhuo

May 3, 2018
Hi I am facing the same problem here. Could you please let me know how did you figure it out?
Hey, you just need to create a new myCIC account -> click `link application to my account` -> search your application with detailed information (during Daytime) -> link your application to new account.

cloriiiiis

Jul 25, 2018
Hey, you just need to create a new myCIC account -> click `link application to my account` -> search your application with detailed information (during Daytime) -> link your application to new account.
I did, but it shows no application is found after I search.