+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO LINK AN APPLICATION TO CIC ACCOUNT - STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

Alaria thank you for providing invaluable information. I have some misunderstanding here. Could anyone kindly helpme?

I (sponsor) have received AOR1 which includes an Application Number & UCI.

I have signed up two GCKEY accounts( one for my spouse(PA) & one for myself(sponsor)).

As it is mentioned in the forum:

1. I (sponsor) can not link the paper application to my account" because I am not my spouses representative. Right?

2. I should link our application to my spouse's (PA's) account.

2.a. Can I use the UCI & Application number emailed to me? As mentioned in the forum, I can not because our UCI differs right?

2.b. What about my Application number? Can it be used in my spouse's (PA's) GCKEY account?

3. According to my situation:

In part 6: should I do the instructions in the blue text or red text?

6. In "Application details: Please select one" select one of the four options. If you know an application number (if you've received AOR previously and it contains application number), you can select "Application Number and Family Name" option. If you don't know either application number or UCI, then select "Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth".

Thank you for your time and concern

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

Alaria thank you for providing invaluable information. I have some misunderstanding here. Could anyone kindly helpme?

I (sponsor) have received AOR1 which includes an Application Number & UCI.

I have signed up two GCKEY accounts( one for my spouse(PA) & one for myself(sponsor)).

As it is mentioned in the forum:

1. I (sponsor) can not link the paper application to my account" because I am not my spouses representative. Right?

2. I should link our application to my spouse's (PA's) account.

2.a. Can I use the UCI & Application number emailed to me? As mentioned in the forum, I can not because our UCI differs right?

2.b. What about my Application number? Can it be used in my spouse's (PA's) GCKEY account?

3. According to my situation:

In part 6: should I do the instructions in the blue text or red text?

6. In "Application details: Please select one" select one of the four options. If you know an application number (if you've received AOR previously and it contains application number), you can select "Application Number and Family Name" option. If you don't know either application number or UCI, then select "Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth".

Thank you for your time and concern
You can link to any account, either sponsor's or PA's. This also answered is the instruction, please read it again if you've missed it.

You can't use sponsor's UCI. All the information used must be PA's information.

Application number is the same for a sponsor and a PA, you can use it.

You can try any combination, you're not bound to any particular one.

Reactions: bahar.april

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
You can link to any account, either sponsor's or PA's. This also answered is the instruction, please read it again if you've missed it.

You can't use sponsor's UCI. All the information used must be PA's information.

Application number is the same for a sponsor and a PA, you can use it.

You can try any combination, you're not bound to any particular one.
Thank you so much Alaria. I have two more questions to be crystal clear before linking our application.
I (sponsor) am not my spouse's representative.

According to the information above:

1. Do I (sponsor) have to be my spouse's representative to link the application to my account?

2. After we link our application, will we be provided with both sides (Sponsor & PA) of the application on one GCKEY account? Right?

Last edited:

bahar.april

Apr 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

Can you kindly help me? I read the instructions, but I did not find direct answers to the questions below.

1. Do I (sponsor) have to be my spouse's representative to link the application to my account?

2. After we link our application, will we be provided with both sides (Sponsor & PA) of the application on one GCKEY account?

Thank you in advance

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

Can you kindly help me? I read the instructions, but I did not find direct answers to the questions below.

2. After we link our application, will we be provided with both sides (Sponsor & PA) of the application on one GCKEY account?

Thank you in advance
You don't need to be a spouse's representative to be able to link an application to sponsor's account.
You will have access only to PA's side of an application.

Reactions: bahar.april

Aimazaf

Sep 10, 2019
Hey! I’ve applied for immigration under the spousal category. My husband is a Canadian citizen. The issue I’ve been facing with linking my application is that I can’t move forward from the GCKey page. Once I sign in with that, I’m redirected to the home page for the cic.gc.ca where I’m asked to select between English or French and then back to the help page :/ what do I do, it’s been 4 months since I’ve submitted my application

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hey! I’ve applied for immigration under the spousal category. My husband is a Canadian citizen. The issue I’ve been facing with linking my application is that I can’t move forward from the GCKey page. Once I sign in with that, I’m redirected to the home page for the cic.gc.ca where I’m asked to select between English or French and then back to the help page :/ what do I do, it’s been 4 months since I’ve submitted my application
Clear browser cache, try another browser. This issue happens from time to time, but if you've been having it for months, then just do the above.

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
Hi we’re doing a family conjugal sponsorship. What marital status do we have to put on the principal if the principal still previously married with one dependent on previous spouse. Principal and sponsor also had one dependent. TIA

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi we’re doing a family conjugal sponsorship. What marital status do we have to put on the principal if the principal still previously married with one dependent on previous spouse. Principal and sponsor also had one dependent. TIA
If they're married, say married then.
Just be aware that conjugal sponsorship is the most tricky and rare one. To pass under this category you have to prove you can't be married due to some religious or other reasons (like same sex marriage is prohibited in your country, etc.) Usually it's easier to get a divorce and marry again than go through conjugal. Anyway, this is not a topic of this conversation...

annjo

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2019
Doc's Request.
Sept 16, 2019
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2019
File Transfer...
Sept 19
Med's Request
Sept 13
Med's Done....
Oct 03
If they're married, say married then.
Just be aware that conjugal sponsorship is the most tricky and rare one. To pass under this category you have to prove you can't be married due to some religious or other reasons (like same sex marriage is prohibited in your country, etc.) Usually it's easier to get a divorce and marry again than go through conjugal. Anyway, this is not a topic of this conversation...
Hi,

I think I’m in the right forum because I’m trying to link our application on gc key and was asking what to put on applicant’s marital status and how many dependent to declare. You mentioned on your previous post that common law usually they put single on marital status. We got SA and applicant already had his medical. TIA

malik1987

Star Member
May 28, 2018
hello all

i have a gc key account and i have a trv visit visa

now i have to apply for my wife and kid. can i log into my gc key online account and do the submit or i have to create another online new account?

please help thanks

Mak2019

Sep 18, 2019
Hi i have a question. I am sponsor but i applied application through immigration consultant. He has my GC key attached to his account or email. My question is will i also create account and connect my application to my email without knowing my consultant. Please reply.

agnes777

Sep 28, 2018
@alaria
Hi alaria, thanks for the invaluable information.
I have a question about cancelling a representative. I had a lawyer before to help me with my EE application. Last month the decision was made, and the case was closed. I am currently waiting for my PR card. I am wondering if it is necessary to cancel him as my representative and link the application profile to my account for the future reference.
Thanks

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
@alaria
Hi alaria, thanks for the invaluable information.
I have a question about cancelling a representative. I had a lawyer before to help me with my EE application. Last month the decision was made, and the case was closed. I am currently waiting for my PR card. I am wondering if it is necessary to cancel him as my representative and link the application profile to my account for the future reference.
Thanks
No need to do that. I don't even think you can link this application at this point as you probably can only link those that are in process right now.