+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO LINK AN APPLICATION TO CIC ACCOUNT - STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Hi
I wanted to ask about file updates. Will I able to get email updates of ECAS even though my files are connected to GC Key? How often should I check GC key online tool or how would I know that a file has been updated? Thanks.

Last edited:

Pinky Orange

Apr 13, 2019
I m June applicant , i received AOR1 at 5 August . I didn't know about Gc key previously ,
Now i know about Gc key , i try to link my application but after several attempts, i failed , so what can I do , how i link my application,

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Hi,
I need some assistance.
I have applied my work permit on base of pnp work permit support letter, same time I applied for paper base pr also. Got file number in July. But I have doubt that my agent didn't link to gc key account. But he has created WP online account. He doesnt want to share anything. If there is any message then do I miss it? Or can I link on my self? I have uci no. Plz help

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Hi,
I need some assistance.
I have applied my work permit on base of pnp work permit support letter, same time I applied for paper base pr also. Got file number in July. But I have doubt that my agent didn't link to gc key account. But he has created WP online account. He doesnt want to share anything. If there is any message then do I miss it? Or can I link on my self? I have uci no. Plz help
Let say I didn't have gc key account, if there is any update then can I see on ecas?

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Thanks for this post @alaria !! I just did mine with success.

I would never had guess alone to put 2 for the last question .. Saved my day !

Asmys

Nov 20, 2019
Thanks SO much for this detailed post! I was having multiple failed attempts because I entered "1" for part 12. o_O This post helped me fix that and I was able to link my application! :)

Tray

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello good humans :)
I was able to finally link our sponsorship application to the PA's account and ours wouldn't work with single as the marital status but it worked with common-law, however it shows application was linked but it doesn't show on his account still. Is this normal?

Mojtaba.abb

Oct 5, 2017
Hi
Thank you so much. Mine worked with common-law as well. I think they fixed the bug.
Plus, the number is total number of people involved!!! At least for us. She has a child and it worked with number 3.
Hope it was helpful.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
I want to share my experience with Gckey: I sent letter in web form with scans. The technical service used my information instead of form 0008 (the country of Belarus), they used the info from the birth certificate (Republic of Belarus) - they answered that this was a mistake. I was able to attach to Gckey, without changing anything, but apparently they changed something there (my country`s name). Conclusion: write them with screenshots if you do everything according to the instructions, but only after receiving AOR1!:cool:

Reactions: alaria

week

Jun 12, 2019
India
Hi, I have a basic question (for @alaria or any senior member with experience):

Whose GC account should the application be linked to: Sponsor or PA? We did not make the sponsor a "representative" in our application.

Also, the PA has had a TRV rejection before PR application. We noticed the UCI allocated is the same as in the TRV case; is that how it is?

Many thanks

alaria

Apr 17, 2018

Whose GC account should the application be linked to: Sponsor or PA? We did not make the sponsor a "representative" in our application.

Also, the PA has had a TRV rejection before PR application. We noticed the UCI allocated is the same as in the TRV case; is that how it is?

Many thanks
Please read the starter post of this thread, it has all the answers.

Mojtaba.abb

Oct 5, 2017

Many thanks
PA should make an account, if does not already have.
Each person gets one UCI that stays with them for EVER!!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Reactions: week