How to get To IRB

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Hello
Greetings to everyone
I’m a little confused
So this is my case
I recently got my Brown paper and work permit same week.
After which I recieved an information letter consisting of referral later to the IRB BOC, summary of claim and a checklist of the documents I recieved from IRRC.
So what next do I do.
When do I submit my full story to IRB and how?
Is there anything I have to do at this stage and how to go about it please
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Greetings to everyone
I’m a little confused
So this is my case
After which I recieved an information letter consisting of referral later to the IRB BOC, summary of claim and a checklist of the documents I recieved from IRRC.
So what next do I do.
Thanks
Do you have a lawyer?

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Follow the instructions available to fill out the information you need to submit. Would suggest hiring a lawyer or at a very minimum hiring a lawyer to consult on your case to review your submissions.
Fill out which information again
Please.
That last mail I received from IRCC in the portal was the filled out BOC
and all the documents and check list the immigrants has given to me so fat
So is there anything supposed to do about that

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hello
Greetings to everyone
I’m a little confused
So this is my case
So what next do I do.
Thanks
You don’t necessarily need a lawyer, fill in your basis of claim, have it printed. Next go to post Canada and send it to your IRB office. You will find your IRB office in one of the bunch of documents you received when you got your brown paper. and if you also have all the proof you can send them as well. I didn’t need a lawyer to send my basis of claim , I sent it on December 2022 and on January 2023 I received a date for the final hearing session which will be in March. Good luck. But if you still don’t understand or you are not too confident you can get a lawyer. Good luck

Reactions: itzdrmac

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
You don’t necessarily need a lawyer, fill in your basis of claim, have it printed. Next go to post Canada and send it to your IRB office. You will find your IRB office in one of the bunch of documents you received when you got your brown paper. and if you also have all the proof you can send them as well. I didn’t need a lawyer to send my basis of claim , I sent it on December 2022 and on January 2023 I received a date for the final hearing session which will be in March. Good luck. But if you still don’t understand or you are not too confident you can get a lawyer. Good luck
Thank you for this respond.
Do you mean I need to fill up another basis of claim to send to IRB?

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
If you claimed asylum inland it means inside Canada you don’t need to send a basis of claim if you already submitted via the Canadian refugee portal but if you claim asylum in the port of entry like borders etc.. you need to physically send a basis of claim via the post.

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
If you claimed asylum inland it means inside Canada you don’t need to send a basis of claim if you already submitted via the Canadian refugee portal but if you claim asylum in the port of entry like borders etc.. you need to physically send a basis of claim via the post.
I claimed inland
And my case was recently referred to IRB
when to I need to send my complete story
And proofs and how
And how soo do I need to do that

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I claimed inland
And my case was recently referred to IRB
when to I need to send my complete story
And proofs and how
And how soo do I need to do that
If you claimed inland you must have sent your story via the portal. If you did , just wait until the reach out to you for a hearing date 10 days before your hearing you must submit your proof. I will suggest you to take to read carefully every documents the immigration gave to you when you went to receive your brown paper .

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022
Inland through the portal
I only filled the basis of claim not per the questions
Story no.
So I don’t know if I will be communicated to send the story and proofs sometime later or how

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Inland through the portal
I only filled the basis of claim not per the questions
Story no.
So I don’t know if I will be communicated to send the story and proofs sometime later or how
There is no way to explain you everything here since I don’t know what you did and which documents were given to you. Just go through all documents you will find instructions.