+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get temporary file number to apply for BOWP as AOR is not received yet - Non express Entry PR via AAIP?

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
How to get temporary file number to apply for BOWP as AOR is not received yet - Non express Entry PR via AAIP?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
You can’t apply BOWP with temporary file number. You need actual AOR email to be eligible for BOWP . Also if you have restrictions on your nomination certificate you can’t apply BOWP.

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
Thanks for the response. I don't have employer restrictions on the nomination certificate. My current Closed work permit expires by Sep 2023, however I have to travel back to India by April 30, 2023 as my Employer wants me to return to India. What are my options to continue my stay? I have submitted the PR application in June and its been more than 4 months and I haven't received AOR yet.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the response. I don't have employer restrictions on the nomination certificate. My current Closed work permit expires by Sep 2023, however I have to travel back to India by April 30, 2023 as my Employer wants me to return to India. What are my options to continue my stay? I have submitted the PR application in June and its been more than 4 months and I haven't received AOR yet.
You have to apply for Closed work permit with help of your employer and have to attach nomination letter and work permit support letter from Province.

Reactions: scylla

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
You have to apply for Closed work permit with help of your employer and have to attach nomination letter and work permit support letter from Province.
My Employer is not willing to sponsor. Should I wait for AOR to apply for BOWP? My attorney suggested we can request CIC for temporary file number, attach the PR portal screenshot and share the receipt of payment, then apply for work permit when the expiry of the current work permit is only 4 months. Any thoughts on this? Have you/anyone came across this situation?