+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get canadian visit visa

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Oh Boy, this is a tough one. The only way I would buy a return ticket, in hind sight, is to get one that is fully refundable. Yes, they are more expensive, but think of it as insurance. In our experience, it was of no value to have the return ticket, but if you wanted to buy the refundable one you could do so, get the visa, refund the ticket and buy the economy ticket you need. The date on the visa is usually valid for 6 months, but that is 6 months from the time you enter the country, not from the date on the visa. The officer is not bound to allow the visitor to stay for the full 6 months either. I now think the best bet is to travel with a tour group and have no friends/relatives/etc to visit. Come purely as a visitor with no ties to the country. Have a good reason to visit the country. Time it around some event like the Calgary Stampede or Anne of Green Gables, whatever tourist draw there is where you live. Make sure that the links to Serbia are strong - as previously mentioned, evidence of holiday time from work and a job to return to, history of travel out and back to home country. Some of this seems wrong, not to admit that you have a friend you want to show off your country to, someone who may have just the skillset that Canada requires who will come here and think, WOW, this is great, how do I immigrate? You just have to make a decision to do what you think is best and I wish you all the luck in the world!

bastiaan

Apr 17, 2011
Perhaps if you can have him immigrate to a visa exempt country first, then come to canada, would save you a lot of trouble.
But I don't know how hard this would be and what the costs would be and I'm just guessing a little.

pencil-skirt

May 12, 2011
steaky said:
What documents are you going to convince the VO that your gf would return home after this visit? A return ticket alone is usually not enough. Does she work? If so, can her employer write a letter saying she will return to work after her vacation? Does she has money to support herself during visit?
You mean bf, not gf?

We have other documents - letters from university, and place of employment, plus various organizations he is involved with. 'My questions are SPECIFICALLY about #1 - whether we should write he is visiting his girlfriend, or just visiting a friend, and #2 - whether we should buy a return ticket in advance.

I think that his chances of approval should be stronger with my letter of invitation - it shows he has a place to stay, and my income is higher than his right now. Is it also worth it to mention that when my job is over (it is a contract job ending in 2012) that I have plans to relocate to Europe? It's not just about him, but I also have an EU passport and I can find work in Europe as well...perhaps this would show that we're not trying to have him come to Canada on a visitor visa and then stay here...

bastiaan said:
Perhaps if you can have him immigrate to a visa exempt country first, then come to canada, would save you a lot of trouble.
But I don't know how hard this would be and what the costs would be and I'm just guessing a little.
Immigrate? Uh, I think it would take years for him to immigrate to some Western european country and get status there. THey don't exactly hand out citizenship to everyone who asks in France or Germany, although he could visit those countries with no visa.

My question is about getting the temporary resident (visitor) visa for Canada.

I understand the plane ticket alone isn't sufficient...given that - would a visa officer look down on an application without an already purchased ticket? Could we just get an itinerary from the travel agent?

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
June 23, 2013 & April 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 & March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
How long does it takes to get the visa after application?

Sans_May2010

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
One of the biggest issues is to PROVE TIES TO HOME COUNTRY. That seems to be the most common reason for refusal.

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Thank you steaky and Janfeb

Sans_May2010

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Thanks again Janfeb

Janfeb said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
hai
I am here in canada with a work permit. My spouse applied for open work permit and got rejected stating could not satisfy the visa officer that he would leave canada.
Another question ,my work permit expires in july 2011. my employer is going to extend my work permit,now submitted for LMO. my spouse wants to apply for a visit visa in june 2011 as he has vacation only in that time. Is it a risk to apply when my work permit is only valid for 2 months? he wants to come only for 20days.
i need urgent reply

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
My question, My wife has no employment, she is a house wife, when she applies for a visitor visa, what home ties can she show to VO for convincing him that she'll return to home country at the end of her visa. The only thing that she can provide is a land on her name and around $7000 fix deposit. Will this be enough?? She haven't traveled to any country before.

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
I'm from the uk and was looking to go to Canada for 6 months as a tourist visa in august and then apply for the Canada experience (which allows me to work for a year) when my six months is nearly over in jan. (jan is when people in the uk can apply for this visa)
So my question is what are the odds that I will be harshly questioned at customs?
My girlfriend is Canadian and we have been traveking Asia and Australia together for nearly 15 months. Been to lots of country's and I have always abided by visa regulations.

I intend to live with her. I have enough money to last me and she works and has a place to live so she can write a letter to this effect.

I'm just concerned that I'm
Going to get rejected and we wot be able to be together.

Any help on a plan of action to help me in any way would be amazing!

Many thanks

Ps. Do you think anyone has requested 6 months tourist visa an just been let through no questions asked?

One more thing what would happen if I said I was going for two weeks and stayed for six months. I know I legally can stay for six months I mean do they just stamp six months in my passport as default??