+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get canadian visit visa

Janfeb

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Applying for a Temporary Resident Visa Outside Canada ,http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5256e.pdf

Tips to Get Your Canadian Visitor Visa

The most common reason for a visa officer rejecting a visitor visa applicant is that they do not believe that the visitor will leave Canada at the end of the intended visit.

Officers may come to this conclusion because of the visitor’s:

› Lack of financial funds

› Employment situation

› Family ties in Canada

› Lack of ties to their home country

› Travel history

› Purpose of their visit

› Intended length of stay in Canada

So, how do you avoid rejection? If you are planning a trip from a country where a visitor visa is required for entry into Canada, here are a few tips to help you along.

Checklist

Be sure that the application is complete. Your passport must be current, the correct fees must be paid, the right forms must be properly filled out and the application must be accompanied by the correct supporting documents.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) posts application forms, guides and document checklists on their website, so make sure you use them. Also check with the visa office that you will be dealing with to ensure that there are no additional forms that need to be completed. The visa office websites can be accessed through the CIC website.

Proof of return

Show that you will return to your country at the end of your stay in Canada. Gather letters and documents from people in a position to support your case. For example, you can obtain a letter from your employer authorizing vacation time, stating the length of employment, the position/title, salary and the date you are expected back at work.

Community Ties

Submit land ownership documents, banking/investment documents, copies of leases, motor vehicle registration and letters from your temple/church demonstrating your good character and genuine ties to your home community.

Letters from friends and family in your country are also effective. These letters should illustrate strong ties that assure the visa officer that you will return to your home country at the end of your stay.

Finances

Prove that you can afford the trip. Whether by savings or by gift, the visitor has to demonstrate that the trip is affordable and sustainable.

Additional Documents

Some visa posts require invitation letters to support an application. This could be a wedding, family reunion; bar-mitzvah or baptism and an invitation letter from family in Canada can be helpful, though not essential.

The invitation should explain the purpose and length of the trip, your name, date of birth, contact information and your relationship to the writer. It should also set out the accommodation and living arrangements for the visitor while in Canada and be supported by the writer’s most recent Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency.

When dealing with CIC, submit your applications properly in the first place because you don’t often get a second chance to make a good first impression

Reactions: Trini_amn

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Having unsuccessful experiences with TRV's I can only add to this well written post, downplay ANY attachments in Canada that you possibly can. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the attainment of a visa. The invitors in Canada can provide an invitation letter, copies of their passports, birth certificates, bank statement, income tax returns. The guest can show that they have travelled extensively and never overstayed in any country, have sufficient funds for the trip and a return ticket purchased. The VO can request that you FLY 2 hours from your city to the VO for an interview then tell you to come BACK in a week - yet another flight - only to give you back your passport with visa denied! The truly sad part is that there was absolutely no way that the visa would ever have been abused and everyone involved felt demoralized and angry and poorer (the ticket was only partially refundable and the cost of the visa and two flights to VO were additional). I hope others' experiences are positive ones.

Janfeb

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Pippin said:
Having unsuccessful experiences with TRV's I can only add to this well written post, downplay ANY attachments in Canada that you possibly can. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the attainment of a visa. The invitors in Canada can provide an invitation letter, copies of their passports, birth certificates, bank statement, income tax returns. The guest can show that they have travelled extensively and never overstayed in any country, have sufficient funds for the trip and a return ticket purchased. The VO can request that you FLY 2 hours from your city to the VO for an interview then tell you to come BACK in a week - yet another flight - only to give you back your passport with visa denied! The truly sad part is that there was absolutely no way that the visa would ever have been abused and everyone involved felt demoralized and angry and poorer (the ticket was only partially refundable and the cost of the visa and two flights to VO were additional). I hope others' experiences are positive ones.
@jigzyy , thank you

@pippen
nice comments pippen

More info of Visitor Visas to Canada

Passport with visa stampsMost people visiting Canada require a temporary resident visa. Exceptions include citizens of the United States, Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, most European Union nations, and several other countries.

To find out if you need a visa to visit Canada, go to Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. Please note that this list only refers to visitor visas and does not cover work and study permits.

If you live in a country where a visa is required, it does not matter whether you plan to visit for a vacation, business, or to meet family and friends. For whatever reason you are entering Canada, you will need one of the following three visas:

Single Entry Visa

A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada only once, usually for only six months.

Multiple Entry Visa

A multiple-entry visa allows you to enter Canada from another country multiple times within the dates stated on the visa. A multiple-entry visa may be valid for up to five years.

Transit Visa

A transit visa is required for anyone traveling through Canada to another country and whose flight will stop in Canada for less than 48 hours. In order to apply for this visa, you will be required to show valid travel tickets.

Other Requirements

In order to obtain any of the visas mentioned above, you must satisfy the visa officer that you will comply with the restrictions imposed on the visitor visa. These restrictions generally include not working in Canada, or studying in Canada for a period greater than six months.

You will also have to satisfy the visa officer that you will not remain in Canada past the duration of the visa. You can do this by showing sufficient ties, such as a job, home, and family in your home country.

Finally, as a foreign national you will be required to show that you have sufficient funds to take care of yourself during your stay in Canada.

If you are a foreign national, processing time guidelines suggest that you should apply for a visitor visa at least one month before you intend to travel.

letsgoabroad

Star Member
Apr 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2009
Doc's Request.
April, 2010
Med's Request
11 February, 2011
Med's Done....
17 February, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9 March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24 May, 2011
LANDED..........
29 of July
Janfeb said:
Applying for a Temporary Resident Visa Outside Canada ,http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5256e.pdf

Tips to Get Your Canadian Visitor Visa

The most common reason for a visa officer rejecting a visitor visa applicant is that they do not believe that the visitor will leave Canada at the end of the intended visit.

Officers may come to this conclusion because of the visitor's:

› Lack of financial funds

› Employment situation

› Family ties in Canada

› Lack of ties to their home country

› Travel history

› Purpose of their visit

› Intended length of stay in Canada

So, how do you avoid rejection? If you are planning a trip from a country where a visitor visa is required for entry into Canada, here are a few tips to help you along.

Checklist

Be sure that the application is complete. Your passport must be current, the correct fees must be paid, the right forms must be properly filled out and the application must be accompanied by the correct supporting documents.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) posts application forms, guides and document checklists on their website, so make sure you use them. Also check with the visa office that you will be dealing with to ensure that there are no additional forms that need to be completed. The visa office websites can be accessed through the CIC website.

Proof of return

Show that you will return to your country at the end of your stay in Canada. Gather letters and documents from people in a position to support your case. For example, you can obtain a letter from your employer authorizing vacation time, stating the length of employment, the position/title, salary and the date you are expected back at work.

Community Ties

Submit land ownership documents, banking/investment documents, copies of leases, motor vehicle registration and letters from your temple/church demonstrating your good character and genuine ties to your home community.

Letters from friends and family in your country are also effective. These letters should illustrate strong ties that assure the visa officer that you will return to your home country at the end of your stay.

Finances

Prove that you can afford the trip. Whether by savings or by gift, the visitor has to demonstrate that the trip is affordable and sustainable.

Additional Documents

Some visa posts require invitation letters to support an application. This could be a wedding, family reunion; bar-mitzvah or baptism and an invitation letter from family in Canada can be helpful, though not essential.

The invitation should explain the purpose and length of the trip, your name, date of birth, contact information and your relationship to the writer. It should also set out the accommodation and living arrangements for the visitor while in Canada and be supported by the writer's most recent Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency.

When dealing with CIC, submit your applications properly in the first place because you don't often get a second chance to make a good first impression

Thanks for this information. One question, in the application form how many days should I mention for visit visa.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Thanks mate for sharing the info...

Cheers...

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You are best to request a SINGLE ENTRY VISA if this is your first one. I THINK the duration is determined by the officer at the POE. A bit strange, as you will have your return ticket stating a date. Guess you just have to hope the officer likes the look of your smile and agrees to let you stay for the duration of your ticket. Not ever getting to this stage, I could be wrong.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
A visitor visa EXEMPT country is definitely not involved in this exercise. I think most people from those countries are free to VISIT for up to 6 months, but they cannot work.

bastiaan

Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for your answer Pippin.
I understand there's no working.
Was going to PM you because it's a personal question and thus off topic/topic hijack in a way, but I don't seem to be able to.
So a return ticket alone should suffice?
Just making sure.
Greets.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not sure whether or not you have to purchase a return ticket or not, but make sure your passport is valid for a minimum 6 months beyond your planned return date. Hope someone else can come forward with a definitive response. Have a great holiday!

pencil-skirt

May 12, 2011
Hi,
I have two questions regarding obtaining a visitor visa for my boyfriend.

#1 - Discuss the relationship or not?

#2 - Do we have to buy the plane tickets in advance?

Regarding the first issue, should we say that he is coming to visit me as his girlfriend? I am employed with a good salary, my own apartment, and I am a Canadian citizen. I could financially support the trip if evidence from his home country (Serbia) bank account is insufficient. However, I am worried that listing our relationship will raise red flags that he might not leave. Still, if I don't explain the nature of our relationship, I feel this may also raise red flags - why else would a twentysomething single male spend so much money to come to Canada for a few weeks or a month? Would someone who is just his "friend" offer to support him financially and let him stay with her for a month?

And as for the second issue, it seems clear that a return plane ticket is the best way to prove someone is going to go back home but we don't want to lose like $800-$1000 on a ticket if it is not clear that he will be able to use it. Is it risky to submit the application for a visa without purchasing an airline ticket in advance?

Oh and one final thought - if we want to explain that he has visited many countries before without ever overstaying a Visa, how can we prove this? Ticket stubs and photocopies of the visas?

Thanks for any tips. :D

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What documents are you going to convince the VO that your gf would return home after this visit? A return ticket alone is usually not enough. Does she work? If so, can her employer write a letter saying she will return to work after her vacation? Does she has money to support herself during visit?

pencil-skirt said:
Hi,
I have two questions regarding obtaining a visitor visa for my boyfriend.

#1 - Discuss the relationship or not?

#2 - Do we have to buy the plane tickets in advance?

Regarding the first issue, should we say that he is coming to visit me as his girlfriend? I am employed with a good salary, my own apartment, and I am a Canadian citizen. I could financially support the trip if evidence from his home country (Serbia) bank account is insufficient. However, I am worried that listing our relationship will raise red flags that he might not leave. Still, if I don't explain the nature of our relationship, I feel this may also raise red flags - why else would a twentysomething single male spend so much money to come to Canada for a few weeks or a month? Would someone who is just his "friend" offer to support him financially and let him stay with her for a month?

And as for the second issue, it seems clear that a return plane ticket is the best way to prove someone is going to go back home but we don't want to lose like $800-$1000 on a ticket if it is not clear that he will be able to use it. Is it risky to submit the application for a visa without purchasing an airline ticket in advance?

Oh and one final thought - if we want to explain that he has visited many countries before without ever overstaying a Visa, how can we prove this? Ticket stubs and photocopies of the visas?

Thanks for any tips. :D