Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
sam4ca said:
Hi,
How many question must be correct to pass the G1 test ?

SAM
I believe it's 20 out of 25, maybe 25 out of 30. You can pass on the ones you don't know and come back to them at the end

somesh

Apr 10, 2010
jalandhar,punjab state.india.
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC delhi.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2010
Doc's Request.
8th june 2010.
AOR Received.
8th june 2010.
Med's Request
jan 23,2013
Med's Done....
jan 28;2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 7,2013
sir,i got authentication letter{verification letter called locally} from DTO ,today,,,,its a computerised printout stating my particulars regarding driving license having an official stamp and sign of DTO. As i am planning to ove in may end,will it do the purpose ? do i need international license also?

regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
somesh said:
sir,i got authentication letter{verification letter called locally} from DTO ,today,,,,its a computerised printout stating my particulars regarding driving license having an official stamp and sign of DTO. As i am planning to ove in may end,will it do the purpose ? do i need international license also?

regards
U don't require the Intl D/L unless u plan to hire a car & start driving imdtly upon landing. That LOA should be fine to apply for a D/L here. Just remember that it should also carry ur 1)pp sized pic & have the 2)date, 3)sign & 4)seal of ur local MTO.

somesh

Apr 10, 2010
jalandhar,punjab state.india.
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC delhi.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2010
Doc's Request.
8th june 2010.
AOR Received.
8th june 2010.
Med's Request
jan 23,2013
Med's Done....
jan 28;2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 7,2013
Thank you so much sir for your prompt reply. Just one more question- the letter doesnt have my pp size photo,so should I paste it by my own or not ?

sajfk

Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010
Doc's Request.
14-07-2010
IELTS Request
09-10-2010, band 7 overall
Med's Request
02-03-2013
Med's Done....
04-03-2013, documents recd at NDVO on 12.03.2013, DD cleared on 25.03.2013
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
02-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013, passport received today 28-03-2013
qorax said:
See this way... that "letter of authentication" serves twin purposes:
1. Translates the info/details on the license in English;
2. Explains the Driving Period, Violations if any etc.

If not for the translation, u'll yet need it for the 'driving period' -for the 12 or 24 months requirement. Nonetheless, if it's already in English -for sure u do not need its translation.

Qorax
I hold the Indian Driving License which is very much in english issued in 2005 valid till 2025, do i still need the below 3 what u have quoted please explain i little confused

Your Quote
1. We must obtain a 'Letter of Authentication'* from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining** our D/License.
2. Take also a 'True Translation Copy'* of our D/License from Road & Transport Authority. Both 1 & 2 maybe clubbed in one.
3. Obtain an International Driving License/Permit*** (IDL / IDP).
stating "more than 24 months" driving experience in our country.
*In English or French, the 2 Canadian Official Languages.
**The explanation should include 24 or 12 months driving experience [the Pre-conditions will apply].
***This is nothing but a translated copy of our present D/license. (it can be used in lieu of point-1 & 2 above).

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Dear Qorax & other senior members,
I have been a silent member in this forum but has been reading most of the subjects & let me firstly thank Qorax & others who have share their valuable knowledge & information on various subjects which has been very useful for people like me.
Just have few queries which it would be helpful if you could provide the information.

Regarding driving in Ontario with IDP/IDL for the first 2 months : we had initially came to Toronto just for few days ( a week) to complete our landing process in 2012.We are again coming to Toronto this May for a month & the permanently moving in August.I have not driven any car in canada when we visited last time for a week. So this time can i drive with the IDP/IDL with the consideration of 2 months which is allowed for.Actually the basic query is from when the 2 months starts, is it when we land first land or when we move permanently or when we first start driving car.

With the driving experience letter from Dubai RTA for more than 24 months- can i initially register & complete the G1 test this May & then come back on August & give the Direct G without waiting period. I mean when we register first for the G1 does the previous experience letter is registered in their database so that next time when i come after few months for the road test i don’t have to bring the experience letter again.
Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redindian22 said:
Regarding driving in Ontario with IDP/IDL for the first 2 months : we had initially came to Toronto just for few days ( a week) to complete our landing process in 2012.We are again coming to Toronto this May for a month & the permanently moving in August.I have not driven any car in canada when we visited last time for a week. So this time can i drive with the IDP/IDL with the consideration of 2 months which is allowed for.Actually the basic query is from when the 2 months starts, is it when we land first land or when we move permanently or when we first start driving car.

The 2 months start after you move. Until now, you have just been coming as a visitor.

With the driving experience letter from Dubai RTA for more than 24 months- can i initially register & complete the G1 test this May & then come back on August & give the Direct G without waiting period. I mean when we register first for the G1 does the previous experience letter is registered in their database so that next time when i come after few months for the road test i don't have to bring the experience letter again.

You mean you want to complete the written test in May and road test not until August? You should ask them about it when you go there the first time. I did mine in AB and I registered and took the written exam at the same time and then they had to clear me to be allowed to take the road test and because they did not phone me to inform me that I was cleared, although they said they would, there was about 6 weeks for me between taking the written exam and taking the road test.

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi,
Thanks a lot Leon for the valuable information.

Just wanted to know in Ontario if they ask for any proof of residence while applying for License.

Since we ( myself & my wife) have a short trip in May mainly dedicated for taking the driving license, does any one know any good driving instructors in Mississauga or Brampton Area so that i can call them & prebook them before I land so that they can assist is all the licensing activities like taking us to the licensing centre & giving us few driving classes before the road test. Actually I thought of Mississauga or Brampton since there are few good accommodation options & was near to airport.
Earlier in the forum, I have seen few users recommending some licensing centres where it is easy to pass the road test so is it a good decision to apply in Mississauga or Brampton area since I thought of this area only because of some good accommodation options & near to the airport.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redindian22 said:
Since we ( myself & my wife) have a short trip in May mainly dedicated for taking the driving license, does any one know any good driving instructors in Mississauga or Brampton Area so that i can call them & prebook them before I land so that they can assist is all the licensing activities like taking us to the licensing centre & giving us few driving classes before the road test. Actually I thought of Mississauga or Brampton since there are few good accommodation options & was near to airport.
I can't tell you which driving instructors are good but here is a list of ministry approved driving schools in ON: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/approve.shtml You can contact some of them and ask them if they can assist you.

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Just wanted to know if the we have to provide proof of residence while applying for the License in Ontario?

Thanks

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Yes, proof of residence is a must. You can show the motor registry your COPR as there will be address mentioned by immigration officer on it. That can serve as your proof of residence.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
I have a Car/Motor Cycle Driving License issued from Pakistan and Planning to get the Driving experience letter mentioning both on it, (there will be only one letter for both Car / Motor Cycle)

My Question is will be able to apply for both Motor Cycle and Car license together. I have fair idea of procedure for Car license, thanks to people here, but what will be the procedure to get the Motor Cycle license.

Need you advises.

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
I am Calgary Immigrant and need some guidance.

Can any one suggest me a Drivers Training School with a reasonable rate (preferably located in NE) and having a standard course of 10 hours behind the wheel and 15 hours class study to qualify for Car Insurance reduction? I have heard that after attending course we get almost 20% reduction in the rate for 3 years?
I am asking this because rates vary and all reasonably priced driving schools are not the same, some are rated good and some are not by those who had already attended (this is a universal issue with less expensive things all over the globe ).
In my opinion getting the training is good, this helps us (even the experienced drivers) to gain confidence on Canadian roads to pass road test, also that insurance is always high for first timers with no record of driving in North America and any reduction in rate is a welcome thing.
(I have passed knowledge test and already got Class 7 and recently got exemption to appear for Class 5 road test, but I am seriously thinking to go for training before appearing in the Class 5 Road Test)

ublerum

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
8-March 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-Sept-2012 (PPR 1) 26th Oct 2012( PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
7th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Feb-March 2013 INSHALLAH
Harri said:
I am Calgary Immigrant and need some guidance.

Can any one suggest me a Drivers Training School with a reasonable rate (preferably located in NE) and having a standard course of 10 hours behind the wheel and 15 hours class study to qualify for Car Insurance reduction? I have heard that after attending course we get almost 20% reduction in the rate for 3 years?
I am asking this because rates vary and all reasonably priced driving schools are not the same, some are rated good and some are not by those who had already attended (this is a universal issue with less expensive things all over the globe ).
In my opinion getting the training is good, this helps us (even the experienced drivers) to gain confidence on Canadian roads to pass road test, also that insurance is always high for first timers with no record of driving in North America and any reduction in rate is a welcome thing.
(I have passed knowledge test and already got Class 7 and recently got exemption to appear for Class 5 road test, but I am seriously thinking to go for training before appearing in the Class 5 Road Test)
Hello Harri..how r u...may I know where in NE in Calgary are you residing ..we just landed a mnth ago and also living in NE, saddleridge calgary...