Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ALPHA BRAVO said:
Dear Qorax,

one quick question regarding Qatar driving license.

I was working in Qatar and got my Driving license there in June 2011 after a few days of getting the license, I came back to India. The license is still valid (5yrs time).

I would like to know if that license can help me in anyway in Toronto. Although I wont be able to get any license abstract from Doha, I hope the similar Driving rules in the two countries would be of some help.

I have an Indian licese too from July 2011 onwards and in both the cases, the two years experience is still not there....

Please guide me which license can help me better in bypassing a few tests there if not all.

Thanks in advance.
U'd require the LOA to claim 'wait-time waiver', if u could obtain that -- ur Qatari DL will help u at 'direct' G.

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
Dear Qorax,

Thanks for the reassurance.

I have two unfavourable conditions

1. I can't get any form of license abstract from Qatar coz I left the country about 2 years back. my friends too have moved on... any way to bypass this requirement?
2. its still not 2 full years since I got my Qatari license.

You mentioned getting a direct G license. Is that subject to getting the abstract from qatar of the qatari license itself is good enough.

Please pardon my ignorance but I didnt understand "LOA " .. probably license abstract.

Thanks once again.

denver12

Jan 17, 2013
Bahrain
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi qorax,

Very useful information buddy :) Been waiting for some answers and you did it...Thanks.

Cheers,

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
steaky said:
Does it have to be an Ontario Driver License? The BC driver license doesn't require you to have a license abstract. You can just provide your Qatari License. Say after you get the BC DL, you can always exchange for the Ontario one.
Dear steaky,

Thanks for the way out ....which i was not aware of. the only problem is that I will be landing in Toronto and dont have any plans of moving to BC as per Mr. Qorax's advice for new immigrants.

Can I get BC license from Ontario? without actually going to BC? Obviously a stupid question but just want a confirmation to satiate my curiosity.

Thanks again :)

coke14

Mar 31, 2012
Since Qatari license is given after strict driving tests, as are other middle east country licenses like those of UAE/KSA, there should not be any problem for you as rightly pointed by Qorax - The Captain.
"ur Qatari DL will help u at 'direct' G."

can-quest

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
8-11-2012
anyone who got License extract or authentication letter from New Delhi recently.... RTO is only giving Extract as computer printout with official stamp & sign. They have not any process/procedure to give it on letter head.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ALPHA BRAVO said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks for the reassurance.

I have two unfavourable conditions

1. I can't get any form of license abstract from Qatar coz I left the country about 2 years back. my friends too have moved on... any way to bypass this requirement?
2. its still not 2 full years since I got my Qatari license.

You mentioned getting a direct G license. Is that subject to getting the abstract from qatar of the qatari license itself is good enough.

3.Please pardon my ignorance but I didnt understand "LOA " .. probably license abstract.

Thanks once again.
1. None w/out the LOA.
2. If u've 2-yrs' exp u get to 'direct G'. If u've 1-yrs' exp u go for G2... both w/out the mandatory 'wait-times'.
3. That's correct... LOA = Letter Of Authenticity.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
can-quest said:
anyone who got License extract or authentication letter from New Delhi recently.... RTO is only giving Extract as computer printout with official stamp & sign. They have not any process/procedure to give it on letter head.
That's fine. However pls ensure that it carries their stamp, date & ur photo.

ALPHA BRAVO

Feb 19, 2013
Dear Qorax,

Thanks once again.

I followed it this way

1. My qatari license is of NO USE without the LOA
2. If i have an indian license with 2 yrs experience and LOA, even then I can go directly for G category.

Sorry for being repetitive. but just want to be doubly sure before i close this topic.

One last confirmation requested.

Thanks

qorax said:
1. None w/out the LOA.
2. If u've 2-yrs' exp u get to 'direct G'. If u've 1-yrs' exp u go for G2... both w/out the mandatory 'wait-times'.
3. That's correct... LOA = Letter Of Authenticity.

can-quest

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
8-11-2012
qorax said:
That's fine. However pls ensure that it carries their stamp, date & ur photo.
Thanks Captain for quick reply

Date and stamp is there, but no photo. ....Should i paste photo from my side.

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
Dear Qorax,
Thanks for helping all of us.

1) I have DL from Abu Dhabi and its in english and as well in arabice. Where i will get this LOA from RTA in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
2) Do i need international DL?
3) I have also pakistani driving lisnce . Do i also need LOA from Pakistani authorities or no need.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Dear Quarox,

Sir, it would be very helpful if you could advice me on the below queries.

Just wanted to know if we can appear for G test if we show driving experience letter from Dubai for more than 24 month.

In case if we get a G or G2 license from Ontario & later may be in few months if we plan to move to other province, will i will be able to transfer my G or G2 license to the license over there.

will we ( myself & wife) be able to complete the license procedure in 3 weeks since we are coming for 3 weeks vacation to Toronto & we prefer to take the driving license now because of the validity problem with the Dubai issues experience letter. Because when we will be moving permanently to Canada after few months, we will going to India from Dubai & stay for one or two months before leaving to Toronto & so even if I take the letter from Dubai on last day validity of the letter may expire since I hope the letter has only 2 months validity.

Thanks Sir,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
redindian22 said:
Dear Quarox,

Sir, it would be very helpful if you could advice me on the below queries.

Just wanted to know if we can appear for G test if we show driving experience letter from Dubai for more than 24 month.

In case if we get a G or G2 license from Ontario & later may be in few months if we plan to move to other province, will i will be able to transfer my G or G2 license to the license over there.

will we ( myself & wife) be able to complete the license procedure in 3 weeks since we are coming for 3 weeks vacation to Toronto & we prefer to take the driving license now because of the validity problem with the Dubai issues experience letter. Because when we will be moving permanently to Canada after few months, we will going to India from Dubai & stay for one or two months before leaving to Toronto & so even if I take the letter from Dubai on last day validity of the letter may expire since I hope the letter has only 2 months validity.

Thanks Sir,
1. Yes, u can try for a direct G... many got it that way with their overseas license.
2. Yes, it can be transferred easily to any other province's DL.
3. Yes u might be able to do so within 3-weeks, but hiring a D/Instructor might help.

Qorax

sam4ca

Mar 9, 2013
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Interview........
Not interested
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
wow
Hi,
How many question must be correct to pass the G1 test ?

SAM

qorax said:
Practising all the 5-tests in this link is enough to see u thru for G-1.