+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Get Canadian Driving License -for Newcomers

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooving2canada said:
Dear Rocky, the letter issued by the RTO should be issued before our landing?
It can be issued after you land in Canada as well since some times you need to get documents where you are not physically present and they are accepted.

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
aybee said:
Went to give my G1 written today at the Brampton centre. Had to wait for 1 1/2 hrs ...!!!

Result :
signs - 19/20 , rules-19/20

I was told that i could give my G without any waiting period, thanks to the Authentication letter i got from Home....

Thanks Captain.... ;D

Regards
Aybee
Hi Abyee,

Could you please tell us what authentication letter you got & from where?

What is the format, description and charges to get these letter?

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
Is there anyone who got an authenticity letter from RTO kolkata...I dont know if they even issue one..last time I had to pay 4000 INR bribe on top of official fee of 4000 INR for IDP. But IDP is only valid for 1 yr and I will be going back to toronto after an year or so. So, I dont want to take an IDP again as it will not help me much. I would appreciate if someone can tell me about the details of getting an authenticity letter from Kolkata motor vehicles. I know its pretty tough to get anything from there, without paying bribe.
Your help will be appreciated.
Peace

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
CBI said:
Hi Abyee,

Could you please tell us what authentication letter you got & from where?

What is the format, description and charges to get these letter?
This is my post earlier in this thread...

aybee said:
Hello Qorax,

I today got the letter of authentication from my regional transport authority. I had my license issued 27/08/2002 but that was only for Motor cycle with gear. Then i got Light Motor Vehicle added to my license on 26/05/2008. Now i have the letter issued and this is what it says.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Certified that driving License No. XXXXX dated 27/08/2002 has been issued in the name of Mr. XXXXX S/O Sh. XXXXX R/O XXXXX for MCWG(motor cycle with gear) and LMW(light motor vehicle), which is valid upto 26/08/2022. The Category of LMV has endorsed on dated 26/05/2008 with the above driving license. His date of birth as per our record is 19/05/1984.

The letter shows the date on which the letter itself is issued (11/06/2010).

I hope this letter will suffice the Ontario transport guys. My license is also in English so no need of translation.
I paid 100/- as a fee ... ... ... ... ...

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
Thanks Abyee...........

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Hi Brothers,

anybody here who took his driving license from Bahrain and now in Canada?
What are the things you did in Bahrain traffic? and the procedure?

Thanks a lot man. :)

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
sorry guys i've been missing for a long time friends...

I got my G2. gave my driving test on 30th July in Etobicoke. Took 6 driving classes. Now preparing for my G.

cooldude939

Feb 9, 2009
Qorax:

I have around 8 years of driving experience in the US, but I am currently back in India as my H-1 expired, and my US driving license has also recently expired. My PR is approved and I am planning to fly to Canada in September. Can you please let me know if I can get a G class license by showing my driving record and the expired US license?

Thanks in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
cooldude939 said:
Qorax:

I have around 8 years of driving experience in the US, but I am currently back in India as my H-1 expired, and my US driving license has also recently expired. My PR is approved and I am planning to fly to Canada in September. Can you please let me know if I can get a G class license by showing my driving record and the expired US license?

Thanks in advance.
An 'expired' US driving license is 'not swappable'.

U can obtain the Certificate of Authenticity from your Indian MTO which would give u the exemption from the mandatory wait time.

Qorax

A

anushauc

cooldude939 said:
Qorax:

Thanks in advance.
Get your US License and the particulars / history letter from the US DMV. It is fine if its expired withing last 1 year. Even otherwise, you may try.
Get your IDPL and Particulars letter from India for a back up.

This is what i did and i was able to swap to G and wife was able to swap to a G2.

All the best.

Aug 13, 2010
Hi everyone!

my problem is a little bit complicated.

so i landed in canada on first week of may..and i have to get my drivers license...i went to the registry office and they told me that for my full license...i have to wait 1 year from the day i pass my learners test..they also told me that if i had any existing license back in my country(bangladesh) i should hand it in and if they approve it by the Alberta government..that they would waive the 1 year period and let me have my license as soon as they have approved it.

Back in my country i did have a license, but the problem is that i am not sure if it is real or fake...i did the proper procedures in order to get a license but the fact is that i did not bribe any officials and therefore the may have given me a fake license..mind u that people in bangladesh all use fake licenses to drive around and bribe police officers whenever the get caught.

now my question is that if i hand in my license to the canadian government...what are the things they are going to check? And what if it is unfortunately a fake license?what will be the consequences then?

having to take the bus for more than years in this snowy country is an impossible task and it will really help me if i get my license early.

If the acknowledged users of this forum can help me out i would be really relieved and thankfull.thankyou

Btw..i am currently residing in Alberta.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it turns out to be a fake licence and they realize that it's a fake license, they will not let you take the test early but will make you wait a year. They will not give you your fake license back. I do not know if there are consequences to giving them a fake license.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is meant by Present written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioner’s office representing the jurisdiction, in order to get credit for their driving experience.

This paper is the same as the letter that was shown in this thread that begine with to WHO IT MAY CONCERN.

Guys please can any one show me the format of the authentication letter.

Thank you all

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
risewiththefallen said:
Hi everyone!

my problem is a little bit complicated.

so i landed in canada on first week of may..and i have to get my drivers license...i went to the registry office and they told me that for my full license...i have to wait 1 year from the day i pass my learners test..they also told me that if i had any existing license back in my country(bangladesh) i should hand it in and if they approve it by the Alberta government..that they would waive the 1 year period and let me have my license as soon as they have approved it.

Back in my country i did have a license, but the problem is that i am not sure if it is real or fake...i did the proper procedures in order to get a license but the fact is that i did not bribe any officials and therefore the may have given me a fake license..mind u that people in bangladesh all use fake licenses to drive around and bribe police officers whenever the get caught.

now my question is that if i hand in my license to the canadian government...what are the things they are going to check? And what if it is unfortunately a fake license?what will be the consequences then?

having to take the bus for more than years in this snowy country is an impossible task and it will really help me if i get my license early.

If the acknowledged users of this forum can help me out i would be really relieved and thankfull.thankyou

Btw..i am currently residing in Alberta.
Forgery is a crime and it is not tolerated in Canada and if u are caught using a fake licence, u will not be allowed to take the test as scheduled and they may require to complete all the testing procedures from fresh the next time, provided they allow u to do it. So be warned, dont mess around in a developed country, this is NOT bangladesh and dont do the things like what people have done or u have done in yr home country and bring such bad and uncilivised behavior to Canada or u will be frowned and look upon with disgust. So better not fool around with unsure licences.