+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get “approval in-principle”?

Usman6843

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi,

"Regular requirements for Student Direct Stream

International students who are applying under the Student Direct Stream (SDS) are only eligible for the expedited study-permit program if they can submit a full application. Otherwise, they have to apply under the regular process or wait until they are able to supply all the necessary documents to be eligible for the SDS. IRCC also says that there may be delays.

The SDS aims to process study permits in 20 days. Currently, international students are eligible if they are from the following seven countries: China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, Senegal and Vietnam."

To my own understanding, if you are an SDS applicant with incomplete documents (biometrics), your application will not be processed until such time that you can provide your biometrics.
This didn't mean biometrics, it includes IELTS, upfront medical exam, final transcripts, Full year fees paid ,GIC etc....Because biometrics is not necessary to submit SDS application, one you applied then you get biometrics letter.

• Love
Reactions: 2tit

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I think Lebanon is processing in Amman office?? Is that correct.

I am from Iraq and my application complete submitted to the embassy since February and still waiting.
I think Lebanon’s processing office is Ankara for TRV’s. And sending a web form to Ankara will result in them saying that they’ll reply to you within 28 business days :/

Reactions: SubbyShal

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi,

"Regular requirements for Student Direct Stream

International students who are applying under the Student Direct Stream (SDS) are only eligible for the expedited study-permit program if they can submit a full application. Otherwise, they have to apply under the regular process or wait until they are able to supply all the necessary documents to be eligible for the SDS. IRCC also says that there may be delays.

The SDS aims to process study permits in 20 days. Currently, international students are eligible if they are from the following seven countries: China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, Senegal and Vietnam."

To my own understanding, if you are an SDS applicant with incomplete documents (biometrics), your application will not be processed until such time that you can provide your biometrics.
You really need to improve on comprehension of the English language..
Firstly the requirement of sds is ielts, payment of 1st year fees, gic and upfront medical.. Biometric is mandatory for all categories of visa and not just sds.. By sds documents they mean the documents that make you eligible for sds..
Secondly a major portion of the study permit applications is sds and it’s illogical for them to not process sds applications..
Yes everybody’s frustrated but stop spreading rubbish baseless claims just to vent out your personal frustration..
Thank you

2tit

Jul 2, 2020
Firstly the requirement of sds is ielts, payment of 1st year fees, gic and upfront medical.. Biometric is mandatory for all categories of visa and not just sds.. By sds documents they mean the documents that make you eligible for sds..
Secondly a major portion of the study permit applications is sds and it’s illogical for them to not process sds applications..
Yes everybody’s frustrated but stop spreading rubbish baseless claims just to vent out your personal frustration..
Thank you
Hi,

Thanks for your comment. As i've said, "as to my understanding", not yours, not anybodys', but mine. By the way, I thought that it's part of the SDS requirement, guess I'm wrong and thanks for letting me know.
Another thing, i think that this forum is about sharing ideas (not everyone is an expert).

Lastly, have you got your visa approved? Or do you have any updates? Coz my last update was June and from that nothing else, but lucky i've got updates and thanks to IRCC.. I wish we both see each other in Canada so that you can teach me how to improve my Comprehension because I think you are an epert.

Thanks .

2tit

Jul 2, 2020
This didn't mean biometrics, it includes IELTS, upfront medical exam, final transcripts, Full year fees paid ,GIC etc....Because biometrics is not necessary to submit SDS application, one you applied then you get biometrics letter.
Hello,

Thank you for letting me know, at least I still got hope.

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Thank you
You're right about everything except that major portion part, most of the applications are actually of "General" category, because there are few countries where SDS is valid, majority of the countries have to go through the general processing way. Also, half of the students from SDS countries actually apply through general category.

medstudent

Dec 5, 2020
S

Same problem here. But what I have in mind is that... Since the latest release regarding the guidelines, i think SDS applicants will not receive that approval in principle (those with no biometrics)..
There should be an AIP letter when you upload the letter from the uninof your acceptance.