+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get “approval in-principle”?

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Hello,
My friend applied for a study permit back in March 2020 and had to wait till early July for the VAC in his country to open so he can do biometrics and he completed it and submitted all the docs in March.

The college he applied for is not allowing anyone to start with the fall 2020 program if they don’t have a study permit approval, and have given a deadline of July 31st to show proof of approval in principle. If not, then he will lose his program.

Since he’s already submitted all docs since March, and it seems the VAC in his country is busy for passport request, how can he get the approval in principle from IRCC, just so he can start his studies next month?

Thank you.

aktheraja

Jun 4, 2020
Hello,
My friend applied for a study permit back in March 2020 and had to wait till early July for the VAC in his country to open so he can do biometrics and he completed it and submitted all the docs in March.

The college he applied for is not allowing anyone to start with the fall 2020 program if they don’t have a study permit approval, and have given a deadline of July 31st to show proof of approval in principle. If not, then he will lose his program.

Since he’s already submitted all docs since March, and it seems the VAC in his country is busy for passport request, how can he get the approval in principle from IRCC, just so he can start his studies next month?

Thank you.
I'm wondering about this, too. I haven't seen anyone who had "approval in principle" in their GCKey but i've seen one in an e-mail that confirming that he/she was already approved in principle (not reflected in his/her GCKey though)

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
I'm wondering about this, too. I haven't seen anyone who had "approval in principle" in their GCKey but i've seen one in an e-mail that confirming that he/she was already approved in principle (not reflected in his/her GCKey though)
That guy is from Bangladesh .and Singapore embassy deals Bangladesh applications

2tit

Jul 2, 2020
S
Hello,

Thank you.
Same problem here. But what I have in mind is that... Since the latest release regarding the guidelines, i think SDS applicants will not receive that approval in principle (those with no biometrics)..

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
S

Same problem here. But what I have in mind is that... Since the latest release regarding the guidelines, i think SDS applicants will not receive that approval in principle (those with no biometrics)..
I’m just wondering for people who have submitted all docs + completed biometrics and have been waiting for months, what they can do to just be able to start their studies :/

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
S

Can you explain what does the latest guidelines say about SDS applications will not receive AIP ?

aktheraja

Jun 4, 2020
S

Did you apply through SDS program?

2tit

Jul 2, 2020
Can you explain what does the latest guidelines say about SDS applications will not receive AIP ?
Hi,

"Regular requirements for Student Direct Stream

International students who are applying under the Student Direct Stream (SDS) are only eligible for the expedited study-permit program if they can submit a full application. Otherwise, they have to apply under the regular process or wait until they are able to supply all the necessary documents to be eligible for the SDS. IRCC also says that there may be delays.

The SDS aims to process study permits in 20 days. Currently, international students are eligible if they are from the following seven countries: China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, Senegal and Vietnam."

To my own understanding, if you are an SDS applicant with incomplete documents (biometrics), your application will not be processed until such time that you can provide your biometrics.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hi,

"Regular requirements for Student Direct Stream

International students who are applying under the Student Direct Stream (SDS) are only eligible for the expedited study-permit program if they can submit a full application. Otherwise, they have to apply under the regular process or wait until they are able to supply all the necessary documents to be eligible for the SDS. IRCC also says that there may be delays.

The SDS aims to process study permits in 20 days. Currently, international students are eligible if they are from the following seven countries: China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, Senegal and Vietnam."

To my own understanding, if you are an SDS applicant with incomplete documents (biometrics), your application will not be processed until such time that you can provide your biometrics.

We should be receiving at least AIP right as per the guideline too

2tit

Jul 2, 2020
We should be receiving at least AIP right as per the guideline too
Actually, thats what I thought per July 14 issue about the "huge chage processing". But, when this guidelines came out I already have doubts in getting the AIP by end of July or August. That's if, VFS will still be closed....

"International students who are applying under the Student Direct Stream (SDS) are only eligible for the expedited study-permit program if they can submit a full application. Otherwise, they have to apply under the regular process or wait until they are able to supply all the necessary documents to be eligible for the SDS

2tit

Jul 2, 2020
and I saw people who applied under SDS and doesnt have biometrics alone getting medical update successfully
Yes, me too. I've got an update that i passed the Medical last June 22..

I had hope after that July 14 issue.

firestone45

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hello,

Thank you.

Which country did your friend apply from?