+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to do ECA for Medical Degree? step wise description

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
Hello Friends - Needed some help in filling out the SVR form. I am an MBBS from India. In particular, the following fields in there. As you know there are multiple dates here, Date of completion of theory exams, date of completion of internship etc. which date should go where? Thank you!

* Graduation date (YYYY-MM-DD):
* Diploma issue date (YYYY-MM-DD):
* Academic studies start date (YYYY-MM-DD):
* Academic studies start date (YYYY-MM-DD):
Hi,

which date am I supposed to put in graduation date?
Academic studies end date or internship end date or the date when I received the degree?

Danial Hassan

Jun 26, 2020
Hi,

Thank you everyone for trying to help each other and clearing doubts.

I would like to ask, verification of MBBS degree is enough or also we have to verify our transcript and internship certificate for immigration purposes?
Kindly clear this confusion.

Best Regards

Danial Hassan

Jun 26, 2020
Hi all,
I just got my ECA done for my Medical Degree from India. Initially it looked like a herculean task as I had no idea how it was to be done. So I went through many forums and from bits and pieces of the information I carried on with the process and fortunately got successful. So I decided to make a thread for those aspirants who are still searching for the procedures or for those who will need it in future.

1. Photocopy your medical degree (medical degree is the one in which it is stated that you have completed your medical degree including your internship, which is usually given to you on your day of graduation by your college or later by your university)

2. Check if your medical degree mentions the name of your college and its address anywhere in it. If not get another document, may be your official internship completion record or any such document which has the address and get its photocopy also.

DO NOT GET THE ABOVE TWO ATTESTED

3. Now create an account in physicians.apply. There will be a registration fee which has to be made with a . credit card only and in CAD.Your account will be created once payment is confirmed.

4. Once account is created, check the side panels where you can see an option called source verification request. Click!!

5. Fill up the required infos and submit the request, again there's a fee.

6. Print out the pages they ask you to do so ( 2 cover sheets one for passport and other one for degree, an identity confirmation document, a release form)

7. Next step is to find a public notary(or any other person as they have mentioned) and get attestation done for your Passport copy and identity confirmation document only. While getting the attestation please read through the instructions carefully.

8. Now send all the 6 documents(copy of medical degree and its cover, passport copy and its cover, identity confirmation, release form ; note: if you have another record to provide the address of your institution then that as well) to MCC via courier.

9. Once they receive documents they will update that in your physicians.apply account and then they will verify your document and send it to ECMG for source verification. Once ECFMG receive it they will then send it to your institution for Source verification. It will all take about 2-3 weeks time.

10. If your institution is registered with ECFMG for electronic source verification then it will take only a day's time for the SVR to be completed and send back to ECFMG by your institution. You just have to remain in touch with your college authority and see to it that they does it without any delay.

11. Once SVR is send back from your college in 1-2 days, your status will get updated as source verification passed.

12. Then you can apply for ECA assessment via other services request in physicians.apply,
additional 104CAD for that.

13. Once you submit the request, in 3-4 days time you will get an e-copy of your ECA report in your account. The physical copy may take 1-2 weeks time.

Thats it :)
Thank you all

PS: Thanks to all those who helped me with my earlier queries
Congratulations.

As this is very old post. I hope you started your medical career in Canada?

Kindly advise to new comers, MBBS degree is enough for verification? or we have to verify our internship and transcript as well?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations.

As this is very old post. I hope you started your medical career in Canada?

Kindly advise to new comers, MBBS degree is enough for verification? or we have to verify our internship and transcript as well?
As an IMG is is very competitive to get into a leftover residency spot since there are so few compared to the applicants. There are also some spots for GPs to train in underserviced areas but Canada is one of the hardest place for IMGs to get licensed unless they did their training in US, UK, Ireland, Soith Africa, Australia and I believe some other European countries. There are better odd for some specialities like GPs, psychiatrists, pathologist, public health doctors, French speaking doctors and basically no change for some specialties like ophthalmology, radiology, dermatology, orthopaedic surgery, Neurosurgery, etc. Enrolment has also increased in Canadian medical schools and there are more Canadian citizens studying medicine abroad who want to return to Canada. Not sure your reasons for immigrating to Canada but all IMGs need to be prepared that they may not be able to practice in Canada.

Danial Hassan

Jun 26, 2020
As an IMG is is very competitive to get into a leftover residency spot since there are so few compared to the applicants. There are also some spots for GPs to train in underserviced areas but Canada is one of the hardest place for IMGs to get licensed unless they did their training in US, UK, Ireland, Soith Africa, Australia and I believe some other European countries. There are better odd for some specialities like GPs, psychiatrists, pathologist, public health doctors, French speaking doctors and basically no change for some specialties like ophthalmology, radiology, dermatology, orthopaedic surgery, Neurosurgery, etc. Enrolment has also increased in Canadian medical schools and there are more Canadian citizens studying medicine abroad who want to return to Canada. Not sure your reasons for immigrating to Canada but all IMGs need to be prepared that they may not be able to practice in Canada.
Thank you so much.

Yes, now my field is heathcare and quality and also involved in clinical research. So, for these purposes we have to verify our transcript and internship along with my MBBS degree.
Kindly advise.

brentmrcs

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
Sharing my experience with everyone.

I just finished the SVR of my medical degree (M.D.) after almost 7 months. ECFMG had to resend the form 4 times (3 via post, 1 via email). I had my SVR done via email, and I can say that it was fast and easy, you just have to coordinate with your school. I was able to have my MD verified after 3 working days from the time that my school emailed the form to ECFMG.

I have a question regarding ECA, does MCC still issue an e-copy of the ECA 3-5 working days after filing for a request?

Thanks!

drpranitha

Dec 26, 2020
Sharing my experience with everyone.

I just finished the SVR of my medical degree (M.D.) after almost 7 months. ECFMG had to resend the form 4 times (3 via post, 1 via email). I had my SVR done via email, and I can say that it was fast and easy, you just have to coordinate with your school. I was able to have my MD verified after 3 working days from the time that my school emailed the form to ECFMG.

I have a question regarding ECA, does MCC still issue an e-copy of the ECA 3-5 working days after filing for a request?

Thanks!
Hi,
How did you get your MD degree source verified?
Can you tell me the steps?
I have done my DNB in Ophthalmology and do I have to give my Hospital name or National Board of examinations?

drpranitha

Dec 26, 2020
Hi, for verification of Diploma degree i.e. DNB in ophthalmology, what should I do? Do I need to create two separate accounts, one for M.B.B.S another for DNB. Can you please guide? Thank you
Hi,
Did you get your DNB Ophthal degree source verified?
I too completed my DNB Ophthal from India.
Can you please let me know how do I source verify my DNB degree?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi.

I got here by looking information to get credential assessment for my wife, she's a doctor graduated in Honduras. I checked all the information and I think everything is clear, thanks for that. I have just a question: all this procedure is what's needed to apply for express entry? I will be the main applicant, but we want to get points for her bachelor degree as well.

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hi all,
I just got my ECA done for my Medical Degree from India. Initially it looked like a herculean task as I had no idea how it was to be done. So I went through many forums and from bits and pieces of the information I carried on with the process and fortunately got successful. So I decided to make a thread for those aspirants who are still searching for the procedures or for those who will need it in future.

1. Photocopy your medical degree (medical degree is the one in which it is stated that you have completed your medical degree including your internship, which is usually given to you on your day of graduation by your college or later by your university)

2. Check if your medical degree mentions the name of your college and its address anywhere in it. If not get another document, may be your official internship completion record or any such document which has the address and get its photocopy also.

DO NOT GET THE ABOVE TWO ATTESTED

3. Now create an account in physicians.apply. There will be a registration fee which has to be made with a . credit card only and in CAD.Your account will be created once payment is confirmed.

4. Once account is created, check the side panels where you can see an option called source verification request. Click!!

5. Fill up the required infos and submit the request, again there's a fee.

6. Print out the pages they ask you to do so ( 2 cover sheets one for passport and other one for degree, an identity confirmation document, a release form)

7. Next step is to find a public notary(or any other person as they have mentioned) and get attestation done for your Passport copy and identity confirmation document only. While getting the attestation please read through the instructions carefully.

8. Now send all the 6 documents(copy of medical degree and its cover, passport copy and its cover, identity confirmation, release form ; note: if you have another record to provide the address of your institution then that as well) to MCC via courier.

9. Once they receive documents they will update that in your physicians.apply account and then they will verify your document and send it to ECMG for source verification. Once ECFMG receive it they will then send it to your institution for Source verification. It will all take about 2-3 weeks time.

10. If your institution is registered with ECFMG for electronic source verification then it will take only a day's time for the SVR to be completed and send back to ECFMG by your institution. You just have to remain in touch with your college authority and see to it that they does it without any delay.

11. Once SVR is send back from your college in 1-2 days, your status will get updated as source verification passed.

12. Then you can apply for ECA assessment via other services request in physicians.apply,
additional 104CAD for that.

13. Once you submit the request, in 3-4 days time you will get an e-copy of your ECA report in your account. The physical copy may take 1-2 weeks time.

Thats it :)
Thank you all

PS: Thanks to all those who helped me with my earlier queries

Hi Sreejith,
I am submitting my SVR to MCC as soon as I get attestations. I want to inquire that I have an EPIC ID and ECFMG verified my degree before. Am I supposed to give this ID in the physicianapply. ca account and from where can I ?

Another question being my college name is not mentioned on my degree only University name, will this causean issue in SVR and do I need to submit additional document as you said?

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hello everyone, I had a query to ask and would be grateful if someone could help me with this dilemma: Do we only need to send our degree certificates or do we need to send our transcripts as well? My university is asking for a bomb to issue me transcripts and the MCC website doesn’t clearly mention whether it is ok for us to send a copy of our degree certificates only and/or do we need to send out transcripts as well?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Just started this process for my wife's medical degree to get some extra points on EE. I'll share timeline as soon as it's all done.