How to do ECA for Medical Degree? step wise description

karunachacko

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Hi, I am a dependent applicant in the Canada Express entry Program under FSWP. I am a MBBS graduate from India and I would like to get my degree also assessed as it would add up to the points.My doubts is

Do i only need to svr my medical degree certificate to get my ECA report(ie,to get points for express entry profile) ?

or should my transcript be also SVR'd to get ECA report,to get points for express entry profile)?

Sep 15, 2018
Hi, I am a dependent applicant in the Canada Express entry Program under FSWP. I am a MBBS graduate from India and I would like to get my degree also assessed as it would add up to the points.My doubts is

Do i only need to svr my medical degree certificate to get my ECA report(ie,to get points for express entry profile) ?

or should my transcript be also SVR'd to get ECA report,to get points for express entry profile)?
You need a complete svr for degree only for the points.

karunachacko

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Hi

I have completed steps 1-8 .My application status is 'In progress'.I guess step 9 would be done by ECFMG .
When i contacted my college,they told me they will not send the verification directly to ECFMG ,I have to collect it from my college and send it to ECFMG.
Does this make sense?or is it mandatory that the institution itself send the verification ?

Thanks in advance!

drpaul

Sep 2, 2018
Hi

I have completed steps 1-8 .My application status is 'In progress'.I guess step 9 would be done by ECFMG .
When i contacted my college,they told me they will not send the verification directly to ECFMG ,I have to collect it from my college and send it to ECFMG.
Does this make sense?or is it mandatory that the institution itself send the verification ?

Thanks in advance!
yes , they said the same for me . i am awaiting the process and probably have to send it . I too had same queries. please update if you receive any news regarding this . I too will

Preeth

Dec 4, 2018
thanks a lot.another query was total cost from account opening to ec a in CAD.by the way when did you do that from mc c ,I heard now it takes time as for rush.
Hi, for verification of Diploma degree i.e. DNB in ophthalmology, what should I do? Do I need to create two separate accounts, one for M.B.B.S another for DNB. Can you please guide? Thank you

karunachacko

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
yes , they said the same for me . i am awaiting the process and probably have to send it . I too had same queries. please update if you receive any news regarding this . I too will
My college has not yet received the verification forms.ECFMG id was created on feb 22nd.any update regarding yours?

drpaul

Sep 2, 2018
My college has not yet received the verification forms.ECFMG id was created on feb 22nd.any update regarding yours?
mine was sent by ECFMG on 12 th jan to my medical college by normal mail , till now it hasnt reached it seems. today i might get a definite news from my college, if they haven't received ,i shall ask the mcc people to send it through courier at my cost .

Mar 25, 2019
Hello I have a similar query. I just have to send My degree or my transcript and my internship certificate and my registration. Because when I included all of this the fees they are charging is 680 CD 170* 4 so I need to send all or just my degree?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Posted this warning on other physician threads. This is a warning that becoming a physician as an IMG is extremely difficult. If you are lucky enough to get a spot you are usually limited to family medicine and often in more rural areas. You will have to redo residency or some form of training. Unless you are from a few select countries I would consider immigrating to another country if you want to practice medicine. Enrolment in Canadian med schools have increased and residency spots have actually decreased. Some have been mislead by consultants promising an easy transition. That may have been the case 30 years ago but definitely not the situation now.

dthomas

Apr 29, 2019
I applied for USMLE and my degree verified two years ago..
My question is, whether ECFMG again conduct source verification for Canadian ECA ?

drnishant

Jul 31, 2019
Greetings! Everyone,
After having read, step by step instructions for SVR, i am confused about one thing. Should i resize my professional degree on A4 paper during photocopy and courier it to MCC or let it be on A3 paper size? KIndly share your expertise on this matter.

Thanks,
Nishant

bubbly_87

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi all,
I just got my ECA done for my Medical Degree from India. Initially it looked like a herculean task as I had no idea how it was to be done. So I went through many forums and from bits and pieces of the information I carried on with the process and fortunately got successful. So I decided to make a thread for those aspirants who are still searching for the procedures or for those who will need it in future.

1. Photocopy your medical degree (medical degree is the one in which it is stated that you have completed your medical degree including your internship, which is usually given to you on your day of graduation by your college or later by your university)

2. Check if your medical degree mentions the name of your college and its address anywhere in it. If not get another document, may be your official internship completion record or any such document which has the address and get its photocopy also.

DO NOT GET THE ABOVE TWO ATTESTED

3. Now create an account in physicians.apply. There will be a registration fee which has to be made with a . credit card only and in CAD.Your account will be created once payment is confirmed.

4. Once account is created, check the side panels where you can see an option called source verification request. Click!!

5. Fill up the required infos and submit the request, again there's a fee.

6. Print out the pages they ask you to do so ( 2 cover sheets one for passport and other one for degree, an identity confirmation document, a release form)

7. Next step is to find a public notary(or any other person as they have mentioned) and get attestation done for your Passport copy and identity confirmation document only. While getting the attestation please read through the instructions carefully.

8. Now send all the 6 documents(copy of medical degree and its cover, passport copy and its cover, identity confirmation, release form ; note: if you have another record to provide the address of your institution then that as well) to MCC via courier.

9. Once they receive documents they will update that in your physicians.apply account and then they will verify your document and send it to ECMG for source verification. Once ECFMG receive it they will then send it to your institution for Source verification. It will all take about 2-3 weeks time.

10. If your institution is registered with ECFMG for electronic source verification then it will take only a day's time for the SVR to be completed and send back to ECFMG by your institution. You just have to remain in touch with your college authority and see to it that they does it without any delay.

11. Once SVR is send back from your college in 1-2 days, your status will get updated as source verification passed.

12. Then you can apply for ECA assessment via other services request in physicians.apply,
additional 104CAD for that.

13. Once you submit the request, in 3-4 days time you will get an e-copy of your ECA report in your account. The physical copy may take 1-2 weeks time.

Thats it :)
Thank you all

PS: Thanks to all those who helped me with my earlier queries

bubbly_87

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank u so much for such a very informative sharing....I am doctor,completed MBBS(05 years) and MSc(02 years) in Diabetes,06 months SONOLOGIST Course from Pakistan .....should i go for IQAS,WES etc or where else for ECA purpose?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank u so much for such a very informative sharing....I am doctor,completed MBBS(05 years) and MSc(02 years) in Diabetes,06 months SONOLOGIST Course from Pakistan .....should i go for IQAS,WES etc or where else for ECA purpose?
Most IMGs do not get licensed to practice medicine. If you want to keep practicing medicine I would consider immigrating to another country. Most IMGs end up going back to school and starting another career.