+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to define one-year work experience

bruceyuan

May 8, 2018
Hi,

I am currently working a temporary position from May 29, 2017 to Dec 31, 2018. I was able to get into EE pool on May 1st, 2018 and got ITA'ed on May 9th. However, strictly, I have not been working for 12 months by now. I am planning to submit the supporting documents on June 1st. Will there be a problem if I do so?

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem with what you're trying to do is that you do not meet the MEC when receiving your ITA. You will certain meet it if you're planning on submitting your e-APR by June 1st, but it's more about whether you want to take the risk. Some people have been lucky, others not so much.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

"Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR"

Reactions: larack