+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO CHANGE NOC CODE AFTER RECEIVING ITA

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello,

You mentioned that you removed your spouse's work experience details from the express entry profile . We have a similar case. My husband is the primary applicant in ur case and I believe as a dependent , my non-canadian work experience does not fetch any points. However, I had included my work exp in the ITA profile and now while submitting the EE profile, I am required to include the job reference letters for myself too . Since my work exp does not count , can i just remove my work details altogether and mention that in the letter of explanation?
In general, does any non-canadian work experience for a dependent affect the CRS score?
I can arrange for my job reference letters , but don't want to hassle about it if it doesn't matter .
Thanks
Simply remove from work history and move to personal history

Dr.Khuram

Mar 18, 2014
As suggested above, just write Letter of Explanation just saying that you feel the job duties are more matched with another NOC in same category and you ll be fine.

CIC in ANY case will calculate your CRS and what matters is that your score should not be below the cut off for that draw. May folks make big changes like removing Job Experience for which they are not claiming any CRS points and they get PR ! I myself removed spouse job experience after getting ITA, i just write this in LOE and i got PPR just this week !
I choosed spouse working history as "No" (as it was not helping in CRS score even if I select "Yes"), Profile created & all data have been transmitted.
Now if I want to make spouse as Principle applicant, Can i show her working experience or there will be a problem?
Replies from some1 having same problem or confirmed information will be highly appreciated

Wallace10

Feb 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I got ITA from recent draw after MPNP nomination. My primary NOC is 2243, but because of MPNP Occupation in Demand i choose 2241. My nomination was issued with 2241 while my EE profile NOC pre & post ITA remains 2243. Kindly note that Employment Reference Letter submitted for PNP has Job Titles and Duties as NOC 2243 but provided in LOE to cover overlapping responsibilities in NOC 2241. No w, for my eAPR should i maintain the primary NOC as 2243 or change it to 2241 as on my nomination letter. Would appreciate your valuable Feedback and Expert Advise Please

ROTORRES

Dec 19, 2018
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
23-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
W
I got ITA from recent draw after MPNP nomination. My primary NOC is 2243, but because of MPNP Occupation in Demand i choose 2241. My nomination was issued with 2241 while my EE profile NOC pre & post ITA remains 2243. Kindly note that Employment Reference Letter submitted for PNP has Job Titles and Duties as NOC 2243 but provided in LOE to cover overlapping responsibilities in NOC 2241. No w, for my eAPR should i maintain the primary NOC as 2243 or change it to 2241 as on my nomination letter. Would appreciate your valuable Feedback and Expert Advise Please
h

What i have done was, i aligned it with my PNP.. on your case, 2241...

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
@Maverick28

Hi need your help.

I have made a mistake by requesting my previous employer to write my NOC code on my employment letter. That NOC code 2151 was as per my designation .

Now the thing is my duties match NOC 2251. So my question is if I fill in the right NOC (the corrected one) in express entry profile and mention in LOE that I made a mistake of requesting my employer to write the NOC code based on my designation and request CIC to avoid it as I doesn't match with my duties, do you think it can be any problematic?

I know NOC code wasn't needed on employment letter. But getting letter again from my ex-boss is extremely difficult.

Do you think VO can actually relate that it was a genuine mistake as the NOC code mentioned on employment letter was right as per my designation? Which now I know is wrong way to chose NOC :(

Please suggest if you think LOE will suffice in my case.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
@Maverick28

Hi need your help.

I have made a mistake by requesting my previous employer to write my NOC code on my employment letter. That NOC code 2151 was as per my designation .

Now the thing is my duties match NOC 2251. So my question is if I fill in the right NOC (the corrected one) in express entry profile and mention in LOE that I made a mistake of requesting my employer to write the NOC code based on my designation and request CIC to avoid it as I doesn't match with my duties, do you think it can be any problematic?

I know NOC code wasn't needed on employment letter. But getting letter again from my ex-boss is extremely difficult.

Do you think VO can actually relate that it was a genuine mistake as the NOC code mentioned on employment letter was right as per my designation? Which now I know is wrong way to chose NOC :(

Please suggest if you think LOE will suffice in my case.
Hi,

First of all try to get a new letter if possible. If you can't, then go ahead with mentioning the correct NOC in the application and then explain this in LOE.

Good Luck!

Reactions: Heaven123

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hi,

First of all try to get a new letter if possible. If you can't, then go ahead with mentioning the correct NOC in the application and then explain this in LOE.

Good Luck!
LOE works in such cases then.. right?

olasupo123

Aug 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

We received an ITA Last week. After we got nominated by Alberta. My wife is the principal applicant by the way.

I just realized I chose a NOC that is higher than I should have chosen.

Is it possible for me to change my NOC given even though we have been given a an ITA and also given that I am not the principal applicant?

I need answers please

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hello Everyone,

We received an ITA Last week. After we got nominated by Alberta. My wife is the principal applicant by the way.

I just realized I chose a NOC that is higher than I should have chosen.

Is it possible for me to change my NOC given even though we have been given a an ITA and also given that I am not the principal applicant?

I need answers please
If you have received ITA under FSW category, you can change your NOC code post ITA if it is not going to affect your score. You need to check skill level of your job category. FSW considers O, A and B categories only. If you are changing NOC code from A to B category, it doesn't affect your score. But Type C is not acceptable for FSW. I hope this answers your query. Do refer to some other seniors suggestions as well before taking your next step. Good luck!

olasupo123

Aug 29, 2019
If you have received ITA under FSW category, you can change your NOC code post ITA if it is not going to affect your score. You need to check skill level of your job category. FSW considers O, A and B categories only. If you are changing NOC code from A to B category, it doesn't affect your score. But Type C is not acceptable for FSW. I hope this answers your query. Do refer to some other seniors suggestions as well before taking your next step. Good luck!

Thank you for the reply.

However, does it matter since I am not the principal applicant?

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Thank you for the reply.

However, does it matter since I am not the principal applicant?
Accompanying spouse gets points under work experience only if it's Canadian experience. Leave your work experience section empty and move your details to the personal history section. This can be done post ITA. You can check the break up of your score to verify that you got no points for your work experience.

I missed that you are not talking of the principal applicant earlier.

Last edited:

olasupo123

Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone one,

Can one replace documents that have already been uploaded on IRCC profile, if you sense you made a mistake? For instance, my references letter does not say if I am permanent full-time staff or not. It only states that I worked 45hrs a week for 3 years.

Hence, am I allowed to replace the uploaded reference letter?

This is urgent as we are running out of time to the submission date.

Thank you

olasupo123

Aug 29, 2019
Hello, how or when does one know if one passed the medical exam?

Is it at the medical examination centre or when?