+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO CHANGE NOC CODE AFTER RECEIVING ITA

raginir

Jan 25, 2016
Dear friends,

I received my ITA on April 19th, 2017.I hired Y axis to create my profile and dint pay attention to the NOC code. Obviously later I relaised it was not required and took post ITA work myself. Now I realised my NOC 0014 is for very senior managers and does not in my duties. NOC code 0311 suits my profile better. Please tell what can I do now. I really dont want my application to become unfavourable by IRCC for such a silly blunder. Please guide me!!

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Can anybody please reply on this, I pretty much got the same situation.

Hired as an Administrative Coordinator (1221) but duties match with Administrative Assistant (1241).

P.S - Though in my express entry profile I have chosen 1241 in the NOC code but shown 1221 under the option Job Title.

Please help us both. I have already got the ITA

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Maverick28 said:
Just change your NOC in your PR application. Explain the reasons in LOE.

Even I did the same.
Thanks Maverick,

Coz I was just wondering Aren't they gonna match my pre-ITA profile with my post-ITa application and see the difference in the work history section?

Can I simply change my Job title from Coordinator to Assistant and explain it in LOE. Would that be fine?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As suggested above, just write Letter of Explanation just saying that you feel the job duties are more matched with another NOC in same category and you ll be fine.

CIC in ANY case will calculate your CRS and what matters is that your score should not be below the cut off for that draw. May folks make big changes like removing Job Experience for which they are not claiming any CRS points and they get PR ! I myself removed spouse job experience after getting ITA, i just write this in LOE and i got PPR just this week !

Reactions: Vanessaagn

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Mates,

I am in the same boat too

I am at the stage of filling my ITA.(yet to submit it)

Presently,I have around 13.5 years for work experience. The break-up is:
8 years has been in insurance sales/marketing .....so as per me it should be NOC 0121 Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers)
5.5 years has been in sales/marketing (other than Insurance sector)....as per me it should be NOC 0601-Corporate Sales Manager.

EOI filed in March 2016 and 2017 .Mistakenly I the mentioned as:
8 years has been in insurance sales/marketing .....NOC 0601- Corporate Sales Manager

Reason: My consultant took insurance sales/marketing/business development to be a part of NOC 601 but now when I looked at it in detail I realized that I should have mentioned it in NOC 0121.

Query :
Should I correct the NOC code for 8 years experience in insurance sales/marketing from NOC 0601 to 0121 while filing ITA?

If yes:

1)How
2)Would it be counted as misrepresentation of facts stated earlier in EOI and rejected ?

If no:

Then what would be the impact on my points? Presently I stand at CLB 9 and Foreign employment points are 50 ,as per ITA.

Pls advise

Regards

vamith1

May 20, 2017
Hi i am currently working as assistant manager Auto insurance channel for a private general insurance company.The previous profile i was handling was Assistant manager bancassurance channel.i have a total of 2 years experience one year in bancassurance channel & one year in auto insurance channel.My question is will it be possible for me to apply to noc 0121 as i have worked as a assistant manager not manager.Please help me as i am bit confused with this job details.
Hope this is not sales centric profile.As per my inderstanding it should be a managerial position in insurance industry.

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Thank you!! its a big relief:)
Hi Ragini,
Just curious, did you receive the PR post changing your NOC code after receiving the ITA? I am in the same boat, and any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
another newbie!

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
I had made my profile with NOC code 0111 (0 skill level), after receiving an ITA, I realized that my job description better described under 1111 NOC code. Can someone advise me how this situation can be dealt with?

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
I had made my profile with NOC code 0111 (0 skill level), after receiving an ITA, I realized that my job description better described under 1111 NOC code. Can someone advise me how this situation can be dealt with?

Its not an issue. My consultant told me that even if you change the Noc code without an loe its fine. The reason is the CIC does its due diligence when it processes your application - in the sense that it will calculate and verify the CRS points you accumulated to clear your eligibility requirements...HTH

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Did u get pr?
Its not an issue. My consultant told me that even if you change the Noc code without an loe its fine. The reason is the CIC does its due diligence when it processes your application - in the sense that it will calculate and verify the CRS points you accumulated to clear your eligibility requirements...HTH
If

jmatharu

Aug 6, 2018
As suggested above, just write Letter of Explanation just saying that you feel the job duties are more matched with another NOC in same category and you ll be fine.

CIC in ANY case will calculate your CRS and what matters is that your score should not be below the cut off for that draw. May folks make big changes like removing Job Experience for which they are not claiming any CRS points and they get PR ! I myself removed spouse job experience after getting ITA, i just write this in LOE and i got PPR just this week !
Hello,

You mentioned that you removed your spouse's work experience details from the express entry profile . We have a similar case. My husband is the primary applicant in ur case and I believe as a dependent , my non-canadian work experience does not fetch any points. However, I had included my work exp in the ITA profile and now while submitting the EE profile, I am required to include the job reference letters for myself too . Since my work exp does not count , can i just remove my work details altogether and mention that in the letter of explanation?
In general, does any non-canadian work experience for a dependent affect the CRS score?
I can arrange for my job reference letters , but don't want to hassle about it if it doesn't matter .
Thanks