+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring a newborn child of a PR resident to Canada

Afimiko

Feb 19, 2011
mylota said:
to avoid serious complications just get the baby born in canada

Mylota is right, have the child born in Canada then they can go back to your country ! Do not try to complicate your existence by adding extra stress ( processing a new application with the embassy, etc.. ) .

If your wife was outside Canada that would be a different case...

Best of luck !

Awny

Feb 13, 2012
How to bring a newborn child from outside Canada if I have PR

Hi all,

I have Canadian residency. I would like to go back to Canada with my newborn who was born in Australia.
I would like to know what is the process. Someone told me that I have to go alone and then sponsor him.

If I go to Canada alone, how can I sponsor my child until I don't have any job? I am in Australia for last one and
half year and was waiting for my baby to born. My baby is Australian citizen (by birth) and he can travel anywhere.
With this citizenship, can he come with me to Canada?

Please help me..

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Your baby is not a Canadian citizen or resident and thus must be sponsored to come to Canada. However, because your baby is an Australian citizen, your baby is visa exempt. So obtain a passport for your baby and head back to Canada. Once here, you should sponsor your baby. Sponsoring a baby is relatively fast because there are minimal checks that must be done.

Best of luck!

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Should not have done this... why create complications. you should have had delivery here and then send your wife back in a week or two weeks time. I am sure you could get couple of weeks off from work based on this reason. But it is done and there is no going back. Think about this the child would have been Canadian citizen from birth and there would have been no hassle for you. Now you have to go thru this whole process for him as well. Sponsor him and then citizenship. Nightmare!

yasirsaeed1

Aug 8, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
24-Aug-2012 from Missisauga
File Transfer...
4-Sep-2012
Med's Done....
19-Jun-2012
Hello

I had applied for my newborn son TRV/TRP on the 14th of May 2012. I still haven't heard from CHC Islamabad yet. It has been about 88 days now :(.. I have also applied for his Sponsorship but haven't received the approval yet.

Anyone else had any experience with visas for newborns from Islamabad office?

Regards

XeAr

Sep 14, 2012
Hello .my husband is a permenant resident and my spousal application is still in process. I did my remedical in may 2012 ,only chest xray is pending because i was pregnant .after my newborns birth we applied for her Sponsorship on 7 jan 2013 .
Can anyone kindly give me some info on the processing time of my newborns immigration in such case .thanks

schumi252

Mar 24, 2010
Hi I just wanted to include some additional information regarding PR for baby born outside canada.

Info:
My wife and I are both PR`s and have been staying in India. We also had a baby while in India and made plans to move to Canada from India.

After a info search and conversation with few members here (thanks to Awebus & Colinmeli), we figured that the direct way to do this is through a TRV visa.

Process:

1)Just prepare and gather the required documentation

-Check the official website for current info and also talk to VFS if you for more info
(http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html)
-Documents that I submitted were Baby`s Passport, birth certificate, photo, PR photo copies, coverletter, bank
statement printout, coverletter and documents that possibly substantiated claims made in my coverletter (eg; my
wifes bond letter with employer)

2) Coverletter:
- Explain reason for your stay in India. From what I understand try to avoid reasons related to business
responsibilities.
- You can focus on contract terms with your employer, your wifes educational program commitments, medical
reasons etc.
- Also, one smart thing to do is to mention that, incase of denial TRV visa for your baby, you can request them to
consider the application for TRP (Temporary resident permit)

3) Form filling:
- Although its pretty direct, I went to the VFS office to get assistance on filling forms. The service fee for that was I
think less than Rs 300 and its worth every penny.
- For reason for travelling, I mentioned "accompanying parents"
- The VFS rep suggested we apply for Multiple entry as its the same fee

4) One week after submitting our application, we received a request to submit medicals. This is straight forward, just go to the panel doctor and they will measure babys head size, length, weight etc and send it to CIC. Most of the doctors can transmit this info directly. So check if they can electronically transfer all details to the consulate directly when you setup your appointment.

5) Five days after submitting our medicals, our baby`s passport was dispatched to the VFS center. I went there to collect it and noticed that our baby was granted a multiple entry visa for one year.

So, I am sure there are lot more things to come and will keep you guys posted on it.

For any info that you think is not available online, let me know. For any documentation, form filling work etc contact VFS directly.

TC
Pr

Reactions: drrishi

chetan69

Jul 11, 2014
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences & knowledge!

I have a few questions to ask & appreciate if someone could shed some light on these. Following is my situation:

Me and wife are both Permanent Residents since June 2011. We did our initial landing on 15th June 2011 & left Canada on 26th June 2011. Last year my wife was pregnant, however, we couldn't return to Canada due to some pregnancy complications. Hence, my daughter was born in India in September 2013. We managed to obtain a multiple entry visitor (V-1) visa for 2 years for her and returned back to Canada on 4th June 2014. Now I want to sponsor my daughter for her PR while we all are in Canada. My questions are:

1) Will it be an issue to sponsor my daughter since right now I am unemployed and hunting for a job?
2) What documents are required along with the forms for my daughter's sponsorship?
2) How long can my daughter stay at a stretch on the visitor's (V-1) visa? In case I need an extension, is it possible & is it easy to obtain the same?
3) I have read in various blogs that sponsoring a child is fairly straight forward and quick process since various checks are not required for the child. Is this the case?

I would really appreciate if someone could answer the above queries.

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chetan69 said:
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences & knowledge!

I have a few questions to ask & appreciate if someone could shed some light on these. Following is my situation:

Me and wife are both Permanent Residents since June 2011. We did our initial landing on 15th June 2011 & left Canada on 26th June 2011. Last year my wife was pregnant, however, we couldn't return to Canada due to some pregnancy complications. Hence, my daughter was born in India in September 2013. We managed to obtain a multiple entry visitor (V-1) visa for 2 years for her and returned back to Canada on 4th June 2014. Now I want to sponsor my daughter for her PR while we all are in Canada. My questions are:

1) Will it be an issue to sponsor my daughter since right now I am unemployed and hunting for a job?
2) What documents are required along with the forms for my daughter's sponsorship?
2) How long can my daughter stay at a stretch on the visitor's (V-1) visa? In case I need an extension, is it possible & is it easy to obtain the same?
3) I have read in various blogs that sponsoring a child is fairly straight forward and quick process since various checks are not required for the child. Is this the case?

I would really appreciate if someone could answer the above queries.

Thanks in advance
1) There is no specific income requirement to sponsor a child but it is better if you have a job.
2) There should be a documents checklist with the sponsorship forms
2) You can stay on a visit visa for up to 6 months unless otherwise specified but you can apply to extend her visit status based on sponsoring her at some point before it expires. Say you apply in November, you would be fine. As far as I know, extensions are normally granted for 6 months at a time.
3) Yes, no background checks and medicals are usually simple as well.

prkp2011

Aug 4, 2014
Me and my wife have pr card and we landed in may2012 and returned back in that month itself.Now we are planning to go back but is it possible to get a trv for our 1yr old son...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prkp2011 said:
Me and my wife have pr card and we landed in may2012 and returned back in that month itself.Now we are planning to go back but is it possible to get a trv for our 1yr old son...
You can apply for a TRV for your son. If refused, you can apply for a TRP stating hardship on your family if one of you has to go to Canada alone to sponsor him. If this drags on, even if you are refused the TRP too, make sure at least one of you returns to Canada no later than 3 years since you left (May 2015) in order to meet the PR residency obligation and in order to sponsor your child. Otherwise you would risk your PR and you would not be able to sponsor.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Leon said:
You can apply for a TRV for your son. If refused, you can apply for a TRP stating hardship on your family if one of you has to go to Canada alone to sponsor him. If this drags on, even if you are refused the TRP too, make sure at least one of you returns to Canada no later than 3 years since you left (May 2015) in order to meet the PR residency obligation and in order to sponsor your child. Otherwise you would risk your PR and you would not be able to sponsor.
In addition, if you end up in the situation of one of you being in Canada to sponsor the child (because they refuse the TRV and/or TRP), you can also request "early admission" once the sponsorship has been approved (see OP 20 Section 5.15 - "early admission" is a specific category for granting a TRP). If you end up going the TRP route, it's routinely granted. The sponsorship obligation starts when the child first enters on the TRP, and they grant a TRV along with the TRP (but the TRP processing fee is $200, so it's quite a bit more than the TRV).

Reactions: drrishi