+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Old Caregiver PR processing time reduced to 13months by CIC! !!!

check out

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp#

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Funsho Heritage said:
Old Caregiver PR processing time reduced to 13months by CIC! !!!

check out

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp#
Thanks in just wondering if it's true

Check application processing times
What are you applying for? (required)

Which economic class application? (required)
Get processing time
Live-in caregivers

13 month(s) ?
Last update: January 7, 2016 Updated weekly

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
wsongco said:
Thanks in just wondering if it's true

Check application processing times
What are you applying for? (required)

Which economic class application? (required)
Get processing time
Live-in caregivers

13 month(s) ?
Last update: January 7, 2016 Updated weekly

It is true.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Funsho Heritage,

I am going to apply for PR and an OWP at the same time, like you suggested. Since my live in caregiver work permit will expire shortly after I apply - do you think I could also submit a separate application for another closed work permit extension? Just so that if something goes wrong with my application - I don't lose my status? My employer doesn't want to keep me longer, but she sees my struggle and she said she doesn't mind to help me paper-wise if that's what it takes. So it would be like that: I submit PR and OWP application around March 1, and then a few days before or after that I submit a closed work permit extension with the same employer. My current extended closed WP expires on March 31. (If I even get it, still no news since I applied for that extension on September 4!!! )And if my PR and OWP applications are for some reason returned to me after March 31 - I at least have an implied status. Does that sound like something that could work? I appreciate your advice, really. Thank you. CIC isn't being helpful at all...

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
marjana.ukr said:
Funsho Heritage,

I am going to apply for PR and an OWP at the same time, like you suggested. Since my live in caregiver work permit will expire shortly after I apply - do you think I could also submit a separate application for another closed work permit extension? Just so that if something goes wrong with my application - I don't lose my status? My employer doesn't want to keep me longer, but she sees my struggle and she said she doesn't mind to help me paper-wise if that's what it takes. So it would be like that: I submit PR and OWP application around March 1, and then a few days before or after that I submit a closed work permit extension with the same employer. My current extended closed WP expires on March 31. (If I even get it, still no news since I applied for that extension on September 4!!! )And if my PR and OWP applications are for some reason returned to me after March 31 - I at least have an implied status. Does that sound like something that could work? I appreciate your advice, really. Thank you. CIC isn't being helpful at all...
submit your PR with OWP and a new contract of 6month or 1 year and you will be fine

egay_11

Jan 5, 2013
Hi guys, I want to share my timeline. I only have my husband as a dependant.

Dec 18, 2015 - PR application sent ( Caring for people with high medical needs)
Dec 21, 2015 - Received by CIC
Dec 23, 2015 - In process
Dec 24, 2015 - Eligibilty letter
Jan 5, 2016 - Received letter of approval
Jan 14, 2016 - Interview (Vancouver)

I want to thank Funsho heritage, bokoks15, cass 77 and espasol for replying to my queries. This forum helped me a lot. God bless us all...//

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
egay_11 said:
Hi guys, I want to share my timeline. I only have my husband as a dependant.

Dec 18, 2015 - PR application sent ( Caring for people with high medical needs)
Dec 21, 2015 - Received by CIC
Dec 23, 2015 - In process
Dec 24, 2015 - Eligibility letter
Jan 5, 2016 - Received letter of approval
Jan 14, 2016 - Interview (Vancouver)

I want to thank Funsho heritage, bokoks15, cass 77 and espasol for replying to my queries. This forum helped me a lot. God bless us all...//
Congratulations egay_11. Please pour some wine. My application too was completed 2 days ago. I have been directed to pay the right of permanent resident fee and to wait for CIC Winnipeg to contact me for interview. I will post my timeline after my interview.

Once again, congratulation !!!!!!

vinmar eduj

Jan 22, 2016
Hello. Could you please enlighten me. Im here in Canada for more than one month and was issued a work permit under noc. 6471 - Visiting Homemaker, Housekeeper and other Buss. rel. Then i have a remarks/condition stated - Applicant is not under lcp nor are they eligible to apply PR for this program. Mind asking if it would affect when i want to apply PR after 2 years? Thanks for responding to this

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Funsho Heritage said:
Congratulations egay_11. Please pour some wine. My application too was completed 2 days ago. I have been directed to pay the right of permanent resident fee and to wait for CIC Winnipeg to contact me for interview. I will post my timeline after my interview.

Once again, congratulation !!!!!!

Hi I paid RPRF Jan 5, still waiting for interview letter from Kitchener CIC. Anyone else waiting like me. Any suggestions about what to do. Thanks to all in advance.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
User184 said:
Hi I paid RPRF Jan 5, still waiting for interview letter from Kitchener CIC. Anyone else waiting like me. Any suggestions about what to do. Thanks to all in advance.
Call Kitchener CIC. However, the good thing is that you have paid and you don't have to paid again. Interview usually takes between a week and sometimes 4weeks.