+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
I got my approval letter via email on January 15,2015 and landing interview on January 27,2015. On the interview day they will give your copr and stamp your passport. After 6-8weeks you will get your pr card.
what is that stamp on your passport, is that the immigrant visa, same as your dependents will have in the Philippines? thanks for your patience.

brit14344

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Bokoks15 said:
Dependant's visa on hand after 9weeks from the date of landing interview! ;D

Congrats!! Just want to ask if how many months did you got/prepare for your education assessment and language test? :)

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
brit14344 said:
Congrats!! Just want to ask if how many months did you got/prepare for your education assessment and language test? :)
as for me, for the language test, I chose IELTS, you just go to the website of British council and check the available schedule and venue, just follow the instruction online because it will direct you to payment and all. For the education assessment, there are institutions to choose in the immigration website but I will chose this http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/, as it says, it will took 20 days for them to process from the time you file your application. I will be filing for my PR on Aug so I had my ielts for the meantime and ECA to be followed this May.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
Hi, how long did you wait for your PR card from the day of your interview? Is it possible to go outside canada only with your visa stamp on your passport inorder to enter Canada again in the event that you can't anymore wait for your PR card to be on hand? I am planning to file on Aug and hope to go home by the end of November. I may be wanted to purchase airline ticket ahead of time since Dec is a peak season or if I decide to buy late, then I may be run out of ticket. Thanks.

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
espasol said:
Hi, how long did you wait for your PR card from the day of your interview? Is it possible to go outside canada only with your visa stamp on your passport inorder to enter Canada again in the event that you can't anymore wait for your PR card to be on hand? I am planning to file on Aug and hope to go home by the end of November. I may be wanted to purchase airline ticket ahead of time since Dec is a peak season or if I decide to buy late, then I may be run out of ticket. Thanks.
Hi guys, im confused. Are you still in Manila applying under new pathway of caregiver and landed already PR when you get here in Canada?

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Purplebutterfly said:
Hi guys, im confused. Are you still in Manila applying under new pathway of caregiver and landed already PR when you get here in Canada?
No, you should be here under live in caregiver program and should complete the 2 months work experience.

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
Determine your eligibility – Caring for people with high medical needs
You must meet all of the requirements listed below to apply through the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway. You must also plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

Work experience
You must meet all of these requirements to be eligible for the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway.

You must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada in the four years (48 months) before you apply in one of the following jobs listed in the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC):
Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233)
Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
Home support workers and related occupations (NOC 4412)
Note: Only Home support workers are eligible under NOC 4412. Housekeepers are not eligible.
Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week
Breaks in employment are allowed (for example, periods of unemployment, long periods of sickness, parental leave)
You must show that you performed the duties listed in the NOC job description
You must have done most of the main duties and ALL the essential duties in the NOC job description
Duties listed that begin with “may” in the NOC job description are not usually considered to be essential duties.
If you got your work experience in Canada as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012) or as a licensed practical nurse (NOC 3233), you must:
prove that you are licensed to practice in Canada
provide proof that you are registered with the regulatory body, as required, in your province/territory at the time you apply
Your application will be refused if you do not show that your work experience meets the NOC description for one of the jobs listed above.

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
good day to all
i would just l;ike to ask for your opinion
I'm the employer, when i applied the LMIA last year i still used the old forms, then we got approved. The LIC that were hiring applied last march using also the older forms, not the updated ones (new pathway forms). When he passed the application via VFS they did not say anything about the forms, but I'm just confused and worried that the LIC sent the wrong forms.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
KMAEP said:
good day to all
i would just l;ike to ask for your opinion
I'm the employer, when i applied the LMIA last year i still used the old forms, then we got approved. The LIC that were hiring applied last march using also the older forms, not the updated ones (new pathway forms). When he passed the application via VFS they did not say anything about the forms, but I'm just confused and worried that the LIC sent the wrong forms.
If the VO needed an updated form they will return the application and request that a new form be submitted.

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
espasol said:
I just want to ask, what if in the event that you already submitted your application for live in caregiver (new pathway) and the immigration found out that you failed to meet the requirements, is the processing fee refundable? Thank you.

The processing fee is not refundable

tabznya

Jun 9, 2015
Hi! Did you also submit an application for an Open Work permit the same time you submitted your PR application under the new pathway? I understand you can do that if you apply for PR under the Live-in Caregiver program.
Bokoks15 said:
My application for caring for people with high medical needs got approved in just one month!
App received: dec 15, 2014
In process: jan 7, 2015
Decision made: jan 15,2015
I received an email from the officer on jan 15, 2015 that my application for PR is approved and attached instructions for my dependents in the philippines to send their passport at manila embassy for visa stamping.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
hi, any update? Is your family here in canada already? Hoping to hear from you. Thanks

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im on the process of gathering all the necessary requirements. I am applying under high medical needs parhway
I have one question though:

What is self addressed mailing labels? Its in the mailing application column of the document list.
Is that supposed to be a return envelope with return address??? Please help!

Poodle8

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bokoks15 said:
My application for caring for people with high medical needs got approved in just one month!
App received: dec 15, 2014
In process: jan 7, 2015
Decision made: jan 15,2015
I received an email from the officer on jan 15, 2015 that my application for PR is approved and attached instructions for my dependents in the philippines to send their passport at manila embassy for visa stamping.
Hi i will be applying too under the new pathway. However, i just have one question: on the document list in th mailing application column. There is a requirement of self addressed labels... What is that? Is it supposed to be a return envelope with return address? Thanks!
Btw congrats to you!