+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
The current processing time of the new program caring for people with high medical needs is 1-2 weeks. Its very fast as of this time maybe because there are few applicants. More or less 10 people that I know got apprroved in just a week. Good luck to those who are planning to apply and hope the processing time will be the same.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
I just want to ask how many days did you waited for your copr and passport to be returned by the immigration after you have submitted it. Thanks.

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
I got my approval letter via email on January 15,2015 and landing interview on January 27,2015. On the interview day they will give your copr and stamp your passport. After 6-8weeks you will get your pr card.

Itzshannyboo

Apr 16, 2015
Anyone here know of someone that has a Canadian diploma in home support worker that file for pr under the new caregiver pathway?

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
I got my approval letter via email on January 15,2015 and landing interview on January 27,2015. On the interview day they will give your copr and stamp your passport. After 6-8weeks you will get your pr card.
Is it possible that you would only carry with you your COPR in the event that I can't anymore wait for my PR card to be delivered? I'm planning to file on August so since nov-dec are peak days, tickets are so expensive, I want to purchase in advance. I guess the whole processing will only take a while if no problems identified on the submitted papers. Thanks for your reply, it's very much helpful.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
when they Stamp your passport, are you going home with your passport with you also? Sorry for that stupid question. Thanks.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Itzshannyboo said:
Anyone here know of someone that has a Canadian diploma in home support worker that file for pr under the new caregiver pathway?
hi, actually they really don't require that you would have a Canadian diploma as PSW, what important is your employment as caregiver on the said two new pathway Inorder to apply for PR. But if ever you have both the diploma and the 24months paid experience, so, then you are very much qualified to file an application.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
The current processing time of the new program caring for people with high medical needs is 1-2 weeks. Its very fast as of this time maybe because there are few applicants. More or less 10 people that I know got apprroved in just a week. Good luck to those who are planning to apply and hope the processing time will be the same.
what 1 week only after they file and they received already an email that their application has been approved already? That's how I understand it. Thank you for your patience.

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
Yes, you need your passport everytime you travel outside the country. Copr is not valid for travel, its either you apply for a visa or wait for your pr card. You got it right, after 1-2weeks of sending application, they got an email that they are approved for pr.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
Yes, you need your passport everytime you travel outside the country. Copr is not valid for travel, its either you apply for a visa or wait for your pr card. You got it right, after 1-2weeks of sending application, they got an email that they are approved for pr.
but for the Dependents they have visa stamped right ? Because their PR visa will be received here in Canada, right? But anyway I still have valid work permit, I will use it in the event That I won't be able to receive my card before my flight sched. From what country are you from if you don't mind? Thanks.

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
Philippines. As i've said you need to have either a visa or pr card to travel. You can not use your copr and work permit for travel. Apply for visa or wait for your pr card.

Itzshannyboo

Apr 16, 2015
espasol said:
hi, actually they really don't require that you would have a Canadian diploma as PSW, what important is your employment as caregiver on the said two new pathway Inorder to apply for PR. But if ever you have both the diploma and the 24months paid experience, so, then you are very much qualified to file an application.
Hi thanks for your response

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Bokoks15 said:
wow that's fast and10 people you know same processing time. so how about your dependents any news from them?

Bokoks15

Dec 27, 2014
CEM received their passport on Feb 23, 2015 and until now we are still waiting for their visa. I got my copr on January 27,2015. In my approval letter, it states that CEM will return their passport 4-6wks from the date that I became pr. Its been 2mos since they sent their passport and almost 3mos since I became PR. How long does CEM usually return dependents' passport?

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Bokoks15 said:
CEM received their passport on Feb 23, 2015 and until now we are still waiting for their visa. I got my copr on January 27,2015. In my approval letter, it states that CEM will return their passport 4-6wks from the date that I became pr. Its been 2mos since they sent their passport and almost 3mos since I became PR. How long does CEM usually return dependents' passport?
How about your PR Card, did you received it already? thanks.