+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should we inform CIC about Marital Status change after getting PR?

Jun 26, 2019
Hi guys, needed your inputs on this situation - biometrics has been submitted recently after medical has passed. Expected time for completion of processing is 4 months. Person might be getting married after the application decision has been made. Provided PR is approved, is the right procedure to inform status change before submitting the passport for stamping or before making the landing? Person might not be married before the passport is stamped. Hoping someone who has similar experience can provide their inputs.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hi guys, needed your inputs on this situation - biometrics has been submitted recently after medical has passed. Expected time for completion of processing is 4 months. Person might be getting married after the application decision has been made. Provided PR is approved, is the right procedure to inform status change before submitting the passport for stamping or before making the landing? Person might not be married before the passport is stamped. Hoping someone who has similar experience can provide their inputs.
what did u ended up doing? my partner has reiceved her PR without disclosing common law partnership. Am i in trouble? i was hoping we can inform IRCC about the change through webform since at the time of her application i qualified for CEC and still is, just no draw. So it wouldnt have impacted the decision.