+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Daily new probelms are arising. Now govt has issued a notification yesterday about suspension of all visas till 15th April. Dont want to freak anyone out. But yes, thats what is all over the news. I hope there would be some exceptions for PR cases. Goodluck to all of us. I myself am completly freaked out right now. My visa expires on 6th June 2020. Dont know how long these suspensions are and what more new obstacles would have to face. Getting the visa was surely not the last step for all of us this year. Do check the link below. Please correct me if im wrong. Would love to be wrong about all of this.
https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-travel-and-visa-restrictions-related-covid-19-dated-12th-march-2020
All the entry Visas for India are banned. We should be able to travel outside of India.
Not denying the fact that it isn't safe for travel and there's possibility that other countries including Canada can very well post ban on their Visas if situation worsens.
Fingers crossed. Hoping that this will be over soon.

Reactions: prateek31

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
All the entry Visas for India are banned. We should be able to travel outside of India.
Not denying the fact that it isn't safe for travel and there's possibility that other countries including Canada can very well post ban on their Visas if situation worsens.
Fingers crossed. Hoping that this will be over soon.
yes exactly. thats what im worried about. what if canada starts with such bans. what about our PR expiry dates then. You are right. Can;t do anything about it. Just praying for the best. Goodluck to all of us.

Mohinder70

Mar 8, 2020
Got STAMPED passport Multiple 10 years today 12 03 2020
My timeline
Submit vfs Jalandhar 20 02 2020
Reach Delhi 21 02 2020
REACH IRCC DELHI 26 02 2020
PASSPORT DISPATCH 11 03 2020
PASSPORT RECEIVED with M VISA STAMP 12 03 2020

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Passport pictures sent in post to VSF London received on 17th feb

confirmation today pictures approved and COPR dispatched in post, email in online account to confirm.

Reactions: agarden0

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hey guys, just wanted to check, do you receive an e-mail from VFS when you passport reaches the local office in your country?

Or do you only get an e-mail when its dispatched from the visa office?

farook8627

May 16, 2019
Recieved the dispatch email on Thursday and passport was delivered Yesterday.... All the best guys..... wish everyone receive without further delays...

addysinha

Apr 18, 2018
Recieved the dispatch email on Thursday and passport was delivered Yesterday.... All the best guys..... wish everyone receive without further delays...
Yesterday was Thursday. So you saying you received your passport on the same day you received dispatch email ?

prateek31

Mar 12, 2020
Hi,
I got my PPR on 28 feb, submitted passport on same day with photographs...got msg from VFS about passport delivered to NDVO on 2nd March..

From last few days status showing ..your application is under process at IRCC New Delhi.
Its been more than 2 weeks now.

Can any one suggest how much more time it can take to get stamped passport back?

Thanks,

Last edited:

addysinha

Apr 18, 2018
Hi,
I got my PPR on 28 feb, submitted passport on same day with photographs...got msg from VFS about passport delivered to NDVO on 2nd March..

From last few days status showing ..your application is under process at IRCC New Delhi.
Its been more than 2 weeks now.

Can any one suggest how much more time it can take to get stamped passport back?

Thanks,
Processing time is approx. 1 month