+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
While reading through the forum i came across some posts where some of you had tickets booked for March and April. Has anyone travelled amidst all this COVID 19 chaos.? Are there any restrictions for flying out. Our PR visas have expiry dates. How can we all wait till all this settles. I was planning to fly in 1st week of May, but not sure as to whether to book tickets now or not. If anyone has or are about to fly , please do share your experience. My visa is expiring on June 6.

RRSingh

Feb 22, 2020
Hi All,

Below is my timeline:
PPR: 18th February
Passport submitted to VFS Delhi: 20th feb
Passport reached NDVO: 20th Feb
Approved message in account: 15th March
Message from VFS regarding passport in transit: 16 March.

So about 25 normal days.

Utkars

Jan 29, 2020
Timeline:
PPR - Feb 28
Passport submitted at VFS Bangalore: 2nd March
Reaches IRCC on 4th
Portal updated after processing on 16th
Expecting passport back in a day or two.

prateek31

Mar 12, 2020
While reading through the forum i came across some posts where some of you had tickets booked for March and April. Has anyone travelled amidst all this COVID 19 chaos.? Are there any restrictions for flying out. Our PR visas have expiry dates. How can we all wait till all this settles. I was planning to fly in 1st week of May, but not sure as to whether to book tickets now or not. If anyone has or are about to fly , please do share your experience. My visa is expiring on June 6.
Did you got any info regarding your query?
As per my knowledge people with CoPR and PR visa are not allowed to enter canada as they are considered as foreign national till the time they land in Canada.

Listened PM Trudeau speech yesterday. He clearly said only Canadian citizens, PR holders and US citizens will be allowed to enter our country till further notice.

Hope this clears your doubt.

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
Did you got any info regarding your query?
As per my knowledge people with CoPR and PR visa are not allowed to enter canada as they are considered as foreign national till the time they land in Canada.

Listened PM Trudeau speech yesterday. He clearly said only Canadian citizens, PR holders and US citizens will be allowed to enter our country till further notice.

Hope this clears your doubt.
yes so did I. You are correct. Thank you. As of now bans are till 30th April. So post that we will have to see. People with COPR maybe will get extensions, if they intimate IRCC. Read about this here:
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/new-canadian-immigration-instructions-during-coronavirus-pandemic-0313909.html#gs.06y3xw
https://www.canadavisa.com/news/coronavirus-canada-announces-immigration-changes-and-travel-ban.html#gs.06ggvg

Reactions: prateek31

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Received my passport back today, so just sharing the timeline -
Feb 18 - Submitted to VFS Mumbai
Feb 20 - Reached NDVO
Mar 16 - Dispatched from Delhi
Mar 18 - Got delivered on home address

Approximately taking a month for COPR and passport stamping.

ChocoHagela

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
10th March - PPR
12th March - Submitted PP to VFS Mumbai
16th March - Under process at IRCC
18th March - CIC Application approved and PP dispatched from IRCC
19th March - Collected the passport back from VFS Mumbai

Total time taken one week