+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Hi All,

I submitted my passport to VFS Mumbai on Feb 20 and received "is under process at the IRCC Office" notification on Feb 24. As per the current timelines approximately when can I expect my passport back. I am seeing few folks with Feb 20. Any updates on that?

Also, not related to this thread but can anyone help out or point me to a dedicated thread for the below information -
  1. I want to learn more about the recent (Feb or Mar 2020) landing experience
  2. I want to gain more information on customs on the first landing. I have a camera kit with DSLRs and professional lenses. Do I have to pay duties/taxes on first entry?
Thank you.

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Thanks for informing. It was same here, submission at VFS Mumbai on 17 Feb, reached Delhi on 19 Feb. However still waiting for an update. Hopefully it may come tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Mine's Feb 20 and reached IRCC on Feb 24. Please let us know once you get it.

addysinha

Apr 18, 2018
Hi All,

I submitted my passport to VFS Mumbai on Feb 20 and received "is under process at the IRCC Office" notification on Feb 24. As per the current timelines approximately when can I expect my passport back. I am seeing few folks with Feb 20. Any updates on that?

Also, not related to this thread but can anyone help out or point me to a dedicated thread for the below information -
  1. I want to learn more about the recent (Feb or Mar 2020) landing experience
  2. I want to gain more information on customs on the first landing. I have a camera kit with DSLRs and professional lenses. Do I have to pay duties/taxes on first entry?
Thank you.
You should probably expect it early next week. Landing information could be discussed or found at this discussion forum

nehakhedekar

Feb 26, 2020
Daily new probelms are arising. Now govt has issued a notification yesterday about suspension of all visas till 15th April. Dont want to freak anyone out. But yes, thats what is all over the news. I hope there would be some exceptions for PR cases. Goodluck to all of us. I myself am completly freaked out right now. My visa expires on 6th June 2020. Dont know how long these suspensions are and what more new obstacles would have to face. Getting the visa was surely not the last step for all of us this year. Do check the link below. Please correct me if im wrong. Would love to be wrong about all of this.
https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-travel-and-visa-restrictions-related-covid-19-dated-12th-march-2020