+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
It is very frustrating, processing an application and taking its time is fine, but having your passport stuck for this long is just very difficult. My current employer requires me to travel something, and this has just long delay has caused trouble with my work as I had to cancel an important business trips today.
Hope they get back to us soon...

Oh god, that's so stressful! And if you ask for your passports back urgently, they might not even stamp it and it further complicates everything. I hope we all hear back soon!

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Anyone submitted passport Cairo VFS ? I really need my passport, it’s the only ID I have :mad:

Last edited:

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
OMG you are so much braver than me. I plan to land soon too, and I just hate being anxious so I decided to wait for my passport to book my flight tickets. Now they are just getting more and more expensive!! I don't know which of us has it worse LOL.

I have a feeling it will happen this week or next. I too went with the 10 days (worst case 15 days) expectation. Guess NDVO is just inundated at the moment?! :rolleyes:
I hope I get the passport shortly and hope the tickets price fluctuations plateau and that you are able to buy a good priced ticket. I feel the same as well. Someone did mention that it may take like 20 days and then they send out passports. I hope that prediction comes true.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
I hope I get the passport shortly and hope the tickets price fluctuations plateau and that you are able to buy a good priced ticket. I feel the same as well. Someone did mention that it may take like 20 days and then they send out passports. I hope that prediction comes true.
Good luck and keep me posted on your situation!!! :)

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Oh god, that's so stressful! And if you ask for your passports back urgently, they might not even stamp it and it further complicates everything. I hope we all hear back soon!
Its 22nd day for us.

I am more worried now reading the part where you say if we follow up more then they send it without stamping as I have followed couple of times to different email and 1 web form asking for a tentative timeline to get the passport back so can plan wifes travel accordingly.

Hope that doesnt offend them!

This is SICK.

22 calendar days and no signs of passport!

Hope we all get it before this week ends.

Please keep me posted guys about any progress.

All the best!

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019
Its 22nd day for us.

I am more worried now reading the part where you say if we follow up more then they send it without stamping as I have followed couple of times to different email and 1 web form asking for a tentative timeline to get the passport back so can plan wifes travel accordingly.

This is SICK.

All the best!
They cannot just send it back without stamping unless you explicitly ask for it back immediately (in case of emergencies). Don't be scared of the people working there, they are just following procedures.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Its 22nd day for us.

This is SICK.

All the best!
No, they will only send it back without stamping if you need it urgently, not if you follow up.

I said follow up might not make a difference.

dinesh545

Dec 5, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for student visa and submitted my passport in VFS on 12th Feb and it reached to NDVO on 13th Feb in the morning. while tracking the passport it is showing under process in NDVO and its been 13 days now. I have to travel around 25th April. Do i need to book my tickets or wait for the passport stamping?

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for student visa and submitted my passport in VFS on 12th Feb and it reached to NDVO on 13th Feb in the morning. while tracking the passport it is showing under process in NDVO and its been 13 days now. I have to travel around 25th April. Do i need to book my tickets or wait for the passport stamping?
I would wait. People have been waiting for their passports for a month now.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I think wait. As you can read in this thread many of us are waiting. I am planning to travel soon as well, but have not booked yet because of delays/

samsamsam1

May 9, 2019
Anyone get any updates?
Is anyone waiting from 28 Jan?
What is the earliest submission people are still waiting?

My submission date was 3 Feb, anyone before that?