+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

imeandwhat

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hi there,

Your signature mentions that your CIC account showed approved status after you received your passport.
I wanted to know if that is the case actually, because I just received the vfs update that my passport has been dispatched from the IRCC office. However my CIC account shows no change. Kinda worried.
yes thats because the CIC got updated as approved after spouse PP dispatched from IRCC.

Stone18

Feb 21, 2019
AOR Received.
25-09-2018
Med's Request
22-10-2018
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
Hi! My husband is the principal applicant and he submitted his passport to CPC-Ottawa on March 17. It was received by March 19. However, my husband forgot to enclose a prepaid self-addressed envelope. His cic account (gckey) status was changed to 'approved' on March 29. It is also indicated there the word 'counterfoil'. We sent an email to CPC-Ottawa but still didn't receive any reply. What can you suggest for us to do? Thanks.

Vibsany

Mar 23, 2019
Just now got a message that decision envelope has been couriered and to track visit the courier partner website. My doubt is do I get a message with courier tracking number or will the VFS tracking number get linked to the courier ?
Hi pls let me know whether ur cic account got updated to approved after this decision envelope dispatch messafe

Vibsany

Mar 23, 2019
Hi . My account changed to approved when I first got the processed envelope dispatched message.
I am worried because I got the message below just one hr back

Visa application, tracking ID Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2019-04-04 Standard Time and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI.

But there is no update on my cic account as yet

raja1028

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I am worried because I got the message below just one hr back

Visa application, tracking ID Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2019-04-04 Standard Time and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO-NEW DELHI.

But there is no update on my cic account as yet
For some applicants, it took time for the status to change to approved. A day after that message, I got a ghost update (mail). Your status should probably change within a day. Be patient and stay positive.

Vibsany

Mar 23, 2019
For some applicants, it took time for the status to change to approved. A day after that message, I got a ghost update (mail). Your status should probably change within a day. Be patient and stay positive.
Ok .. just waiting patiently in here

harizme

Dec 3, 2017
For those who have submitted their passports:

Background:
I got my PPR today and the VO they have asked me to submit my passport to is Islamabad, Pakistan. This wouldn't be a problem except that I am now based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Got here a month ago. This is a development I informed CIC of as soon as I arrived here and have already updated them with the local address. Additionally, I also informed them that my dependents are as yet not here and would be submitting their passports in Pakistan.

My questions are the following:

1) How do I submit my passport to the local VO? I have already opened a CSE but any guidance would be much appreciated.

2) Can my family submit their passports in Islamabad while I submit mine here?

For anyone who is suggesting sending my passport through courier or anyone going there: It is a crime in my country of origin to do so and it is something that I would highly prefer to avoid.
Brother
Im in a similar situation
How did u solve it??

Avadh04

Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys need your help please,

Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2019/04/04 via courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

what does this email means, is visa granted and shipped or just that means they are working on it

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
Hey guys need your help please,

Decision envelope has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2019/04/04 via courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

what does this email means, is visa granted and shipped or just that means they are working on it
Means visa is granted and has been handed over to the courier that you opted for delivery

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
My CIC account got updated with Visa valid details and the final decision has been made. However, no update from VFS. Hoping it will come on Monday.

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19
Good day all courier my passport to vfs on 25/3/19 and got to vfs on 27/3/19 and also received a mail that same day that your processed passport has bin forwarded to Canada visa office Accra ...uptil now ..no other update .hope all is well ..plz your insight and experience on this is highly needed .thanks

MA6743

Mar 30, 2019
Hi All, Below are the timelines which took for my PR application:

Application submitted :December 4th 2018
Med Request : Feb 18th 2019
Med exam given : March 6th 2019
Med results updated on CIC : March 18th 2019
PPR : March 25th 2019
PP submitted at Bangalore : March 28th 2019
Reached to Delhi High Commission : April 2nd 2019
CIC updated to Approved : April 5th 2019
Passport dispatched from Delhi high commission : April 8th 2019 (Today)

Reactions: Salz_yahoo