+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Aug 23, 2018
no. when did you submit and where?
I am in a bit of a similar position to you, I submitted my passport after PPR for express entry at Chennai VFS on the 6th August and got an sms saying that it was forwarded to the Bangalore VO on the 8th but online it said that the processing is being done in NDVO so I called the VFS helpline and they said that the passport is being processed at the NDVO. However it has been stuck in the same status since the 8th of August saying that it is under processing.

Now this is where my case is different, I live and work in US on work visa. I was traveling to India on the 3rd August and got the PPR letter on July 26th so I wrote to them and requested that I submit the passport at Chennai VFS and so they issued a letter for that. Now I need to travel back to US on the 1st of september but my passport is stuck in processing and I am really hoping that my passport is back in the next week. I have tried visiting VFS and calling them but so far no help.

Please update here if you guys get an update and I will do the same.

ansh004

May 6, 2018
I am in a bit of a similar position to you, I submitted my passport after PPR for express entry at Chennai VFS on the 6th August and got an sms saying that it was forwarded to the Bangalore VO on the 8th but online it said that the processing is being done in NDVO so I called the VFS helpline and they said that the passport is being processed at the NDVO. However it has been stuck in the same status since the 8th of August saying that it is under processing.

Now this is where my case is different, I live and work in US on work visa. I was traveling to India on the 3rd August and got the PPR letter on July 26th so I wrote to them and requested that I submit the passport at Chennai VFS and so they issued a letter for that. Now I need to travel back to US on the 1st of september but my passport is stuck in processing and I am really hoping that my passport is back in the next week. I have tried visiting VFS and calling them but so far no help.

Please update here if you guys get an update and I will do the same.
No updates yet as processing time is 30 days according to vfs in Singapore. I would say you should email NVDO saying your case is urgent and send them your tickets attached

Aug 23, 2018
i meant VFS, ask them who else can help, hopefully this friday ull get an update
Ya I called VFS many times as well as visited them in Chennai. They just said email to the Delhi Embassy and them print that and give it to them and they will forward the same. I have not given the printout dont know if that will help....