+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

hardeepsingh751

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
I submitted my passport after PPR on 19th march, 2018
CIC decision made on 3/4/2018 to Approved .

Still VFS tracking it is being processed.. when will i can expect.. it has been a long time i guesss

hardeepsingh751

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
I submitted by passport in VFS Hyderabad on March 15. Received a confirmation that it has been received by NVDO on March 17. Since then the tracking status still shows the same update that "it is being processed in New Delhi". I have a travel coming up on Apr 19th and really worried now.
I have sent multiple emails to the Delhi Immigration and also submitted an urgent request letter to VFS Hyderabad last week. Still no updates?

Anybody here who have submitted in March and still awaiting for updates? This is really crazy. Pathetic turnaround time.
19th March i submitted, still it is being processed... :D

hardeepsingh751

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
It is super frustrating..no updates for over a month..the actual timeline says 10 working days.
whenever i make a call to vfs
its general reply

today vfs said you can write a paper application at vfs to expedite it .. i dnt why u then charged for what
NDVO is ***********

Shubhitr

Mar 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

Just checked my VFS tracker and CIC account. Passport stamped :), will pick up tomorrow from VFS New Delhi office.

Thank you everyone for your inputs and addressing my queries.
Hello

May you please be so kind to share the date when you submitted the passport?

zeus1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Hello

May you please be so kind to share the date when you submitted the passport?
Hi, I submitted my passport at VFS New Delhi on Apr 2. It reached Canadian Visa Office on Apr 3. Visa issued Apr 6 (as per the visa stamp on passport). Passport available for collection email and sms received on Apr 12.

Picked up my passport just 30 mins back. Heading for office, already late. Lol.

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hi, I submitted my passport at VFS New Delhi on Apr 2. It reached Canadian Visa Office on Apr 3. Visa issued Apr 6 (as per the visa stamp on passport). Passport available for collection email and sms received on Apr 12.

Could you please elaborate in which category have you applied for visa?

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Permanent Residency. FSW-O (Express Entry)
Okay, that's nice. Are you the PNP candidate? Because even my husband's category is FSW - O and he is a PNP candidate. We submitted our passports on 27th. Still no update. Just wanted an idea regarding their working culture

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Okay, that's nice. Are you the PNP candidate? Because even my husband's category is FSW - O and he is a PNP candidate. We submitted our passports on 27th. Still no update. Just wanted an idea regarding their working culture
He already said he is FSW. Do you mean to say your husband is PNP-Outland under Skilled Worker like OINP-HCP?

Anyway, passport stamping has nothing to do with the stream. I guess they stamp visas according to priority like visa expiry (but didn’t happen to us), or the workload too.

You will receive soon. All the best.

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
He already said he is FSW. Do you mean to say your husband is PNP-Outland under Skilled Worker like OINP-HCP?

Anyway, passport stamping has nothing to do with the stream. I guess they stamp visas according to priority like visa expiry (but didn’t happen to us), or the workload too.

You will receive soon. All the best.
Yeah he is got selected under oinp human capital priority stream. See I do not have much idea about streams and all. Just shared what I knew.
Thank you for your wishes

Reactions: iamxty

Shubhitr

Mar 20, 2016

Appreciate you replying. Thank you and Congratulations.

All the best. What is your NOC, by the way?

zeus1990

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
I am not a PNP candidate. No idea about how the process passports, I met someone at the VFS New Delhi office, who submitted his passport of Apr 03-04, and was collecting it the same day when I was.

I guess passport stamping has nothing to do with express entry category. I believe your husband should get back his passport soon. Do keep checking the VFS tracker. I did not get any SMS/ email updates until the very last day. I relied on the tracker for updates.

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
I am not a PNP candidate. No idea about how the process passports, I met someone at the VFS New Delhi office, who submitted his passport of Apr 03-04, and was collecting it the same day when I was.

I guess passport stamping has nothing to do with express entry category. I believe your husband should get back his passport soon. Do keep checking the VFS tracker. I did not get any SMS/ email updates until the very last day. I relied on the tracker for updates.
Hey thanks for replying. Will keep a track through their website. Thanks for informing