+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hi All,

Is there a way to directly reach NDVO and request them for the stamping. My passport is stuck since March 15 and I have a travel this Thursday. Can we go directly go and request in NDVO?
Hi,
Did you hear from NDVO regarding your passport?

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
You should be able to see the status from your CIC account. If app approved then visa given.

People we submitted passports on 13th march. Now only out box thing was that we have to submit two passports( one new, one old that was on file)
But so far CIC account say application approved. But we did not get back the passports. Still processing at NDVO. God knows how long will it take. I am seeing people submitting on 4th April at VFS getting stamped passports with copr back from NDVO. As such our medical is valid till Jan 2019. But we should get passport back as it is already 5 weeks now.
Any news on your end?

Sandhuja

Jul 30, 2017
Hello,

I got ppr email today from ircc..and i am based in mumbai.could you please let me know which office is convenient to submit passport for visa stamping and if any additional email confirmation is required for Vfs to verify the visa formalities from IRCC’s end..thank you

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hello,

I got ppr email today from ircc..and i am based in mumbai.could you please let me know which office is convenient to submit passport for visa stamping and if any additional email confirmation is required for Vfs to verify the visa formalities from IRCC’s end..thank you
Sandhuja, I think they mention the name of the vfs office in the mail. In our case the PPR mail was generated from Ottawa and we requested for visa office change. Then they transferred the case to Delhi visa office that is nearest for us.
Though I am not sure if it is the case with all the candidates.

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
i am 19th march .. still not got back

counterfoil info generated inCIC on 3 april

what to do now ??
Hi Hardeep,
Every case is unique. I have seen that people getting passports after a month or two. They have their own way of justifying things. What we can do is to wait.. Please have some patience and faith. It will reach you soon.
All the best

hardeepsingh751

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Hi Hardeep,
Every case is unique. I have seen that people getting passports after a month or two. They have their own way of justifying things. What we can do is to wait.. Please have some patience and faith. It will reach you soon.
All the best
Thanks for the info
yup I am waiting , cant do anything else ..
even submitted a request letter as told be VFS customer care to expedite it...

Sandhuja

Jul 30, 2017
Sandhuja, I think they mention the name of the vfs office in the mail. In our case the PPR mail was generated from Ottawa and we requested for visa office change. Then they transferred the case to Delhi visa office that is nearest for us.
Though I am not sure if it is the case with all the candidates.
Thank you

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi can someone tell the procedure to submit passport at vfs mumbai? Do I need to take appointment? What are the documents that need to be submitted? Can I use the same passport photos clicked in December for my EAPR to submit now for COPR?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hey Everyone,

I would like to thank you all for the support and sharing the valuable information. I had submitted my passport at Mumbai VFS for stamping after getting PPR on the 14th of March and I got an Approval on my CIC status on the 28th March (10th working day) and on 28th afternoon VFS updated that my passport was dispatched from Delhi VO. I then was able to collect my passport today (i.e the 29th March 2018) afternoon when my status changed from dispatched - to ready for collection in the afternoon. So basically the 10 working days time frame suggested by VFS for post PPR stamping was accurate in my case.
I just wanted to share the good news and I hope those who haven't received the VISA yet get it soon.
I didn't want to be a parasite just gathering information and not sharing my experience.
Good luck everyone.
Hi can u pls tell me the procedure to submit passport at vfs mumbai? Do I need to take appointment? What are the documents that need to be submitted? Can I use the same passport photos clicked in December for my EAPR to submit now for COPR?

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hi can u pls tell me the procedure to submit passport at vfs mumbai? Do I need to take appointment? What are the documents that need to be submitted? Can I use the same passport photos clicked in December for my EAPR to submit now for COPR?
Well you asked this question specifically from Abhiud, but would like to share my experience with you. I think the process must be same throughout the country. Myself and my husband both had the same query and we called up on their helpline. They said that no appointment required. You can directly head towards vfs global with the documents mentioned in the PPR email. The documents involved PPR email's printout for each candidate, consent form for each candidate, the consent form must be signed by the candidate whose consent form that is. You can sign that in front of them or you can sign it before going there, signature to be done by parents in the consent form of a minor. The Size and number of photographs as instructed in the PPR document. Original passport, two copies of first and last pages of each passport.
I hope it helps. But would recommend to speak to their customer care executives for better assurance. They guide you really well.
Thanks

Tinubs

Nov 11, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi.. submitted my passport on the 2nf of April to Ghana.. am yet to get it back.. have anyone experienced this delay.. please awaiting your prompt response..

Sukhbhat

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Hi.. submitted my passport on the 2nf of April to Ghana.. am yet to get it back.. have anyone experienced this delay.. please awaiting your prompt response..
I submitted on 28th March and got hold of it yesterday. There are many who have been waiting for even more than a month