Myrawlings

Oct 2, 2023
Passport Timeline

Ready For Visa (RFV): September 26, 2023
Submission of Passports to VFS Kuwait: September 27, 2023
Passports Received at IRCC Canada (Abu Dhabi): October 02, 2023
1st Ghost Update on Tracker: October 06, 2023
2nd Ghost Update on Tracker: October 09, 2023
Final Decision (GCKey) Changed to Approved and showed COPR Details: October 10, 2023
Decision Envelop Dispatched from IRCC Canada (Abu Dhabi): October 11, 2023
Passports Received at VFS Kuwait: October 12, 2023
(Collected the Passports with Immigrant Visas & COPR)

Reactions: RoN1DoN

shafih786

Oct 19, 2023
Generally, it takes 2 weeks (10 business days) to get the stamped visa. I got it in 1 week.
In my case, I applied for a work permit from the USA. I received the request on 12th October to send the passport to the VFS office.
I sent the passport to the New York office.
On the 13th I received an email telling me they had received the package and the same day they sent the package to IRCC.
The 14th and 15th were a weekend so, no update.
18th, received an email stating that IRCC has dispatched the decision envelope to the VFS office.
19th got an email that VFS has sent the decision envelope to my address. I got the tracking ID as well on the same day.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Myrawlings

Mannie15

Oct 18, 2023
Pls I need your advise. Why is my case different. We applied for PR Visa. My spouse who is the principal Applicant was in Canada when our application was approved and she received ready for visa mail requesting for us (the dependents) to submit our passports on August 15, 2023. We (the dependents) are in Nigeria, so we submitted our passports to VFS Abuja office on the 18th of August and they got transmitted to Accra Visa office on the 25th of August. She has since received her e-COPR on August 30 while our passports sent to Accra are yet to be processed since then and no update received. It's over 2 months now and nothing for us. Please, what could be the problem with our passports? We have sent several mails and raised webforms as well but all to no avail. What could the problem be please? It's now 45 working days and 65 calendar days since then. What else can we do?

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Hi everyone
Anyone has any idea how long does Turkey office take to bring back passport with stamped visa? Passport was submitted on October 30th and till now nothing.
thanks

strifer30

Star Member
May 18, 2022
My mother sent her passport for tourist visa stamping by bluedart and she got notification from VFS that passport had been received and is under process at the IRCC Office in Delhi on 31st January. However, she is not able to see any updates or see if IRCC has actually received my passport, is there a way to confirm the same? Also, how long does it take for the tourist visa in Delhi, India?

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My mother sent her passport for tourist visa stamping by bluedart and she got notification from VFS that passport had been received and is under process at the IRCC Office in Delhi on 31st January. However, she is not able to see any updates or see if IRCC has actually received my passport, is there a way to confirm the same? Also, how long does it take for the tourist visa in Delhi, India?
Wrong thread to ask, this is express entry part of the forum. Your question is better suited for visitor visa. As far as your question goes, your passport is at IRCC Delhi as clearly stated here "VFS that passport had been received and is under process at the IRCC Office in Delhi". Wait for a couple weeks and your mom will get another notification for stamped passports dispatched.

Reactions: strifer30

strifer30

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Wrong thread to ask, this is express entry part of the forum. Your question is better suited for visitor visa. As far as your question goes, your passport is at IRCC Delhi as clearly stated here "VFS that passport had been received and is under process at the IRCC Office in Delhi". Wait for a couple weeks and your mom will get another notification for stamped passports dispatched.
Oh I wasn't aware there is another forum for tourist visa, can you please share the link for the same? Also, appreciate your comment on waiting for couple weeks.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Oh I wasn't aware there is another forum for tourist visa, can you please share the link for the same? Also, appreciate your comment on waiting for couple weeks.
Let me save you from asking on another thread :D The passport is with IRCC Delhi, you won't see any updates for a week or two. You'll only get updates once your passports are stamped by IRCC and are with VFS. That shouldn't take long now(maybe 10 days max?).

cherry1198

Feb 15, 2024
hello, please help.
I sent my passport for visa stamping on 6th Feb 2024 to VFS New York from Dallas, Texas. On the 12th Feb, I got an acknowledgment that VFS received my passport and same day sent it to IRCC and also received it at the IRCC office for stamping.
On the 13th Feb, I received an update that the package was dispatched from IRCC to VFS NYC. After that, there is no update. Scared that my passport got lost or not. what should I do and what delays does anyone else expect as of now?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
hello, please help.
I sent my passport for visa stamping on 6th Feb 2024 to VFS New York from Dallas, Texas. On the 12th Feb, I got an acknowledgment that VFS received my passport and same day sent it to IRCC and also received it at the IRCC office for stamping.
On the 13th Feb, I received an update that the package was dispatched from IRCC to VFS NYC. After that, there is no update. Scared that my passport got lost or not. what should I do and what delays does anyone else expect as of now?
There are specific threads for US applicants and passport submission from what I remember. You should ask this question there as well, much more likely to find helpful answers.

Harisfdc

Feb 16, 2024
I have submitted my passport for stamping in Feb 5, 2024 in HYD VFS Global on 3rd April and IRCC New Delhi has received my passports on Feb 7th 2024.
Last message: Your application, tracking ID No.XXXXXX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Feb 07 2024.

I have international travel plan on March 1st week 2024, I worrying if I get my passports on time or not, If want my passports back is there any way to get?

CEC2014CEC

Nov 2, 2015
I have submitted my passport for stamping in Feb 5, 2024 in HYD VFS Global on 3rd April and IRCC New Delhi has received my passports on Feb 7th 2024.
Last message: Your application, tracking ID No.XXXXXX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Feb 07 2024.

I have international travel plan on March 1st week 2024, I worrying if I get my passports on time or not, If want my passports back is there any way to get?
Same here, waiting for passport dispatch. Received at IRCC on Feb 14. When I checked with VFS they said it'll be 8-10 business days but seems like yours has already surpassed that timeline. Did you try checking with VFS again.

Harisfdc

Feb 16, 2024
VFS Team is not responding properly, I have went couple of IRCC sites but they mentioned if we need our passports back early we have to withdraw our application or we have to wait

Itsbaskar

Dec 26, 2023
Same here, waiting for passport dispatch. Received at IRCC on Feb 14. When I checked with VFS they said it'll be 8-10 business days but seems like yours has already surpassed that timeline. Did you try checking with VFS again.
Looks like we are on same time line, I did it Hyd vfs and it's in progress ircc Delhi since Feb 16