+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

chdrealtor

Sep 20, 2016
Sorry if I have to answer your query on another thread as it is more appropriate here.

My husband has not received his passport as well, which he submitted on 12-Mar in VFS Kolkata. I submitted mine in VFS Singapore on the same day but got it back on 23-Mar.

I had emailed SGVO and NDVO since we needed to land on or before 02-June, but only SGVO responded to it. VFS tracking still says if still being processed in NDVO.

I will definitely post any update here. Please post yours too. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I will keep the thread updated !!

Reactions: iamxty

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I have submitted my passports to the VFS so should I go ahead and start preparing to leave for Canada or should I wait for the passports to be stamped?
They said passport stamping is just a formality but my case is not that straightforward. I thought I will be put to another BGC when I received a call from SGVO regarding my marriage. So I was anxious since then and even when I got the SMS that my passport is ready for collection, I thought they had returned my passport without visa and they continued with another BGC.

Oh yes, I am a woman, so the extreme anxiety will always be there :)

Your question whether to book your flight, go ahead but don’t book for next week :D

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

chdrealtor

Sep 20, 2016
When and where did you submit yours?
I submitted in VFS chandigarh on 13 March and the VFS tracking says that its being processed in NDVO.

PS: My background has stayed in IP2 since 27th Feb and decision has always stayed the same since the first day of application !!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I submitted in VFS chandigarh on 13 March and the VFS tracking says that its being processed in NDVO.

PS: My background has stayed in IP2 since 27th Feb and decision has always stayed the same since the first day of application !!
I have already collected my passport and my child’s but all statuses are still the same too. I guess it will stay like that until counterfoils for all accompanying dependants had been stamped.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
I have submitted my passport on 14th march. VFS track is saying is being processed in NDVO.. CIC status is still on Decision made,, no changes yet... :oops:
Same here,submitted on 14th March and no progress and still keeps showing being processed and even in cic it’s not approved yet. However, mine is a different visa office.

chdrealtor

Sep 20, 2016
I have already collected my passport and my child’s but all statuses are still the same too. I guess it will stay like that until counterfoils for all accompanying dependants had been stamped.
Sorry to bombard you with a lot of questions, but since you seem to have done quite a research, I can't help myself but asking you .. :)

Canada is a tough job market, I really want to start looking for the job, is it possible to start floating CVs and write that awaiting passport for stamping (in the column where they ask for work authorisation) ?

Thanks.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
They said passport stamping is just a formality but my case is not that straightforward. I thought I will be put to another BGC when I received a call from SGVO regarding my marriage. So I was anxious since then and even when I got the SMS that my passport is ready for collection, I thought they had returned my passport without visa and they continued with another BGC.

Oh yes, I am a woman, so the extreme anxiety will always be there :)

Your question whether to book your flight, go ahead but don’t book for next week :D
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. It has given me a new hope as I was quite anxious as well and probably will still be a little until I see this golden stamps in my passport.

Reactions: iamxty