+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Sanjay Sridhar

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
24 hrs, but hardly takes that long. should be updated with few hours of dispatch message.
I got the dispatch message last night.. but my account is not yet updated. Probably a synchronisation issue..??
Adds to anxiety yes but a big relief for sure to get CoPR.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Sanjay Sridhar

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017

Sanjay Sridhar

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I did receive a one time entry visa with CoPR but not sure why my GCKey account is yet to be updated.
Planning to travel by end of next month but is this an issue..??
Anyone in this state Who has their CoPR but GCKey is yet to be updated..??
Should I contact Delhi Immigration about this.??

Wolfband

Apr 28, 2022
Bahrain
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Passport Req..
25-09-2022
Good day everyone,

My wife as a primary applicant after receiving her ITA in Mar-2020, had finally received an email with regards to her visa being ready to be stamped upon submission of her passport in Mar-2022. However, we only recently got married in Mar-2022 and would like to update the change in circumstance of her profile to include me (her spouse) into the application so that we can enter the country together.

Would like someone to advise us on the time it takes after updating the change in circumstance martial status in the profile. I understand i would have to keep documents ready like proof of marriage, police certificates, medical examinations, Etc. However, would like to understand the timeline between updating the profile for the change in circumstance to receiving our PR?

Appreciate it if anyone could help us with such information.

Thank you

sraj007

Apr 28, 2022
Can you please post a screenshot of the content? Since its a private group of which I am not a member, I can't see the post your are referring to.
not sure why I can’t able to upload picture of it but it says

Hello Everyone,

I need a help, please guide. I had a flight to catch today and on the counter they denied the boarding mentioning medical is not valid/updated in the system for my wife and my kid but is valid for me.

They are saying I should contact embassy. I am not sure what to do in this scenario, Do we have anyone in the group who witnessed the same issue

Please help

Reactions: workingmind

sraj007

Apr 28, 2022
Also this is what he did to get through the process:

Ok guys so here are the updates. Apologies for late reply but was very much busy in making the arrangements.

I went to Embassy Monday morning at around 8:30 am and there was no one to entertain. I checked with one of the lady, she was basically providing the details (email ids) to visitors and also managing the entrance gate.

As expected firstly she asked me to send email on "delhi-immigration.pr-rp@international.gc.ca" and when I explained her the criticality of situation that I have resigned my job, vacated my apartment and in now stranded in India with valid visas then she agreed to call the officer and she shared my application number with officer and asked me to wait outside the gate as visitors are not allowed.

After 30 odd mins a senior officer came outside and asked for passports of my wife and daughter and then apologised for 5/6 times that there had been a serious glitch in their system wherein visas got printed for them but it was not updated in system.

He took the COPR and passports for both of them and asked me to again wait. In 15 mins he was back with new visas and new copr and my GC key profile was also updated within minutes. He apologized again and mentioned that he is witnessing this for the first time with his experience of 20 years with Canadian Embassy.

I booked the flights of same day and posting this message from Toronto.

A piece of advice don't plan your trip until and unless your GC KEY profile is approved even if you have all the valid documents.

Thank you everyone for your inputs. Kubeir Kamal

sraj007

Apr 28, 2022
Anyone here whose IRCC start processing date was 19th April got dispatched message yesterday got their passport? Is it stamped or did your gc key got updated or counterfoil generated? Please update. Thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Also this is what he did to get through the process:

Ok guys so here are the updates. Apologies for late reply but was very much busy in making the arrangements.

I went to Embassy Monday morning at around 8:30 am and there was no one to entertain. I checked with one of the lady, she was basically providing the details (email ids) to visitors and also managing the entrance gate.

As expected firstly she asked me to send email on "delhi-immigration.pr-rp@international.gc.ca" and when I explained her the criticality of situation that I have resigned my job, vacated my apartment and in now stranded in India with valid visas then she agreed to call the officer and she shared my application number with officer and asked me to wait outside the gate as visitors are not allowed.

After 30 odd mins a senior officer came outside and asked for passports of my wife and daughter and then apologised for 5/6 times that there had been a serious glitch in their system wherein visas got printed for them but it was not updated in system.

He took the COPR and passports for both of them and asked me to again wait. In 15 mins he was back with new visas and new copr and my GC key profile was also updated within minutes. He apologized again and mentioned that he is witnessing this for the first time with his experience of 20 years with Canadian Embassy.

I booked the flights of same day and posting this message from Toronto.

A piece of advice don't plan your trip until and unless your GC KEY profile is approved even if you have all the valid documents.

Thank you everyone for your inputs. Kubeir Kamal
Thanks for posting.

@Sanjay Sridhar - i wanted to divert your attention to advice given in the post. Gckey status should be update to Approved before you board. Best luck.