Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Got Dispatched message an hour ago. It was 14 working days for me.

And the Timeline is:

PPR in mail - 27th Dec 2019
Passports submitted at vfs Ahmedabad- 27th Dec
Passports reached Delhi - 30th Dec 2019
IRCC Profile Approved - 15th Jan 2020
Passport dispatched message -16th Jan 2020

I have opted for courier service so I'll update once I receive passports.
Hi, Can you confirm if you had to submit eye color and height as well? If yes, then how did you submit this, was it on a word document?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, Can you confirm if you had to submit eye color and height as well? If yes, then how did you submit this, was it on a word document?
You can write the details on a plain paper and take a printout.

Please make sure this is done for all applicants.

Also, try to put other information like UCI, Application no., Passport no. etc

JNAIR1529

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
You can write the details on a plain paper and take a printout.

Please make sure this is done for all applicants.

Also, try to put other information like UCI, Application no., Passport no. etc
This is helpful @CNP, thank you. I appreciate your prompt response to my query!
If you don't mind, can you please help clarify below query as well?

I received Ready for Visa email today, with a long email starting with something like below -
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence"

In the RFV email, I have been asked to submit the following documents/information in a single package to the nearest Visa Application Centre.
My nearest VAC would be VFS Mumbai (India).

1. Original passports of primary and dependent applicants
2. The height and eye colour
3. Photographs

Question is, is this it, and my only action required is I submit these documents by booking the Passport submission webform on the VFS (India) website, or is there any other step or process I am missing and need to follow?
Do I also need to reply back to CPC-Ottawa via email, or only physical submission of documents is sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
This is helpful @CNP, thank you. I appreciate your prompt response to my query!
If you don't mind, can you please help clarify below query as well?

I received Ready for Visa email today, with a long email starting with something like below -
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence"

In the RFV email, I have been asked to submit the following documents/information in a single package to the nearest Visa Application Centre.
My nearest VAC would be VFS Mumbai (India).

1. Original passports of primary and dependent applicants
2. The height and eye colour
3. Photographs

Question is, is this it, and my only action required is I submit these documents by booking the Passport submission webform on the VFS (India) website, or is there any other step or process I am missing and need to follow?
Do I also need to reply back to CPC-Ottawa via email, or only physical submission of documents is sufficient?

Thanks in advance!
Is there any change in your circumstances ? in RFV mail you would find a section where in says if there is any change you need in inform IRCC.

If no change, yes proceed with raising a webfrom to VFS for passport submission. (VFS in India are closed for physical submission of passports)

Please also check if IRCC has asked you to upload passport copy in GCKey account.

Reactions: JNAIR1529

JNAIR1529

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Is there any change in your circumstances ? in RFV mail you would find a section where in says if there is any change you need in inform IRCC.

If no change, yes proceed with raising a webfrom to VFS for passport submission. (VFS in India are closed for physical submission of passports)

Please also check if IRCC has asked you to upload passport copy in GCKey account.
No change in personal circumstances. This is great.
Thanks for confirming!

md3612

Jun 11, 2019
Hi,

I received my RFV mail tonight asking me to submit my passport to IRCC within 30 days along with passport photos and copy of letter. However, there is no Update in my Express entry account.

Application Details:
AOR - July 8, 2021
Biometrics - Dec 10th, 2021
OINP Outland.
Primary Applicant + Spouse.

I have below questions. Please give your valid inputs.
1. Is this PPR email?
2. if yes, will my Spouse get another email with her name?
3. can i use this email copy to raise request for two way courier to VFS via webform?
4. Which Visa category do i have to select in VFS webform, Passport Submission for Permanent Residence Application(family class Priority or Economic PR) or Passport Submission for Permanent Resident Travel Document.?
5. Do i have to send two separate packages to IRCC via VFS for me and my spouse or just one?
5.How many days will embassy take to return our passport with Visa.?
6. How long will be the Visa valid?
7. can i just do soft landing, give my friends address and later courier it to India?

Thanks in Advance

Reactions: CarlCoco

tashkey

Feb 26, 2020
Turkey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2020
Passport Req..
25-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2022
1. Is this PPR email?
2. if yes, will my Spouse get another email with her name?
3. can i use this email copy to raise request for two way courier to VFS via webform?
4. Which Visa category do i have to select in VFS webform, Passport Submission for Permanent Residence Application(family class Priority or Economic PR) or Passport Submission for Permanent Resident Travel Document.?
5. Do i have to send two separate packages to IRCC via VFS for me and my spouse or just one?
5.How many days will embassy take to return our passport with Visa.?
6. How long will be the Visa valid?
7. can i just do soft landing, give my friends address and later courier it to India?
Hi md,

1. Yes, this is the PPR email.
2. I don't think so. I applied for my spouse and myself with the same letter (that was sent to me because I am the primary). It says in the letter too, to send your passports and those accompanying you on your application. Please re-read the first paragraph to be sure.
3. Did you get a PDF with the email as well? The PDF can be used to get the pre-arrival services and request the courier.
4. Permanent Residence Application - Economic PR.
5. They took the money for two couriers from me (my application has 2 people - primary + 1 accompanying). I took two copies of the letter. For each package, they took the passport, biometric photos, and letter and gave me two UPS receipts.
6. In Turkey, the waiting time in my city is up to 4 weeks. The passport gets processed in the Canadian embassy within the country (they didn't send my passports to my VO in Paris for stamping, they sent it to the Canadian Embassy in Ankara). It can be more or less than 4 weeks depends on the workload of the embassy/consulate (my assumption).
7. The Visa's validity is one year from your medical exam or up until the expiration of your passport (if it expires sooner than the expiration of your medical). The caveat being that I got my PPR on January 25th, my medicals expired on 2nd February, I submitted my passport for stamps on 4th February, but they haven't asked me for re-meds or raised an issue). Maybe I can update when I get the passport back.
8. Soft landing is possible, courier-ing the PR cards to India maybe more difficult or unsafe (I don't have a lot of knowledge about this). What we are doing is that my spouse is staying back in Canada, will pick up the PR cards when they are ready, and come back to Turkey for me to use when I move permanently later this year. PR cards can take up to 3 months to deliver, so keep that in mind. My spouse will be staying there for 3 to 4 months for a job hunt, etc. too so it won't be a problem for us.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: md3612

Sari12345

Feb 9, 2022
Hello,

I have sent my Passport to VFS Delhi on 19th January and it reached the IRCC office on 24th January. Since then I haven't received any notification regarding the same. Can someone please help me with how long does it take to get the Passport stamped?
Kindly suggest if I can book my tickets and stay before I get my passport back.
Did you receive your stamped pssport? Please replay.
My passport reached IRCC Delhi on 28th Jan 2022 and from that onwards it showing status as under processing. No updates after that. It's been 12 days I am waiting for an update

SG3108

Jan 5, 2022
Hi everyone, would appreciate some feedback/input for my mother's PR. She is in Delhi and i've received the IRCC email asking her to submit her passport. The issue is we have booked her to travel to Toronto on February 26th. I dont know if the passport will be back by that time which is an issue as it will prevent her from traveling to Canada. Does anyone know for sure how long does it take for the passport to be picked up till receiving it back? If it is too close to her travel date, can she fly to Canada on her existing visitor visa and do her landing while in Canada?

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone, would appreciate some feedback/input for my mother's PR. She is in Delhi and i've received the IRCC email asking her to submit her passport. The issue is we have booked her to travel to Toronto on February 26th. I dont know if the passport will be back by that time which is an issue as it will prevent her from traveling to Canada. Does anyone know for sure how long does it take for the passport to be picked up till receiving it back? If it is too close to her travel date, can she fly to Canada on her existing visitor visa and do her landing while in Canada?
it is taking really long. so don't even think about submitting passport.

I'm in a similar boat and I read that you can submit passport in Canada. You just need to state that she is canada once she is here and IRCC will send you instructions. But still call IRCC or wait for experienced people to reply..

Reactions: SG3108

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
refer this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-final-phases-query.757773/

I asked about this in that thread

SG3108

Jan 5, 2022
it is taking really long. so don't even think about submitting passport.

I'm in a similar boat and I read that you can submit passport in Canada. You just need to state that she is canada once she is here and IRCC will send you instructions. But still call IRCC or wait for experienced people to reply..
I have emailed VFS and the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi, no response. This is very frustrating.

SG3108

Jan 5, 2022
VFS in New Delhi? I've tried those numbers, no response and chat is disabled on VFS Delhi page. Any other suggestions?