+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

Sayad103

Aug 17, 2018
I submitted my passport on 4th November and 13 November vfs send me an email that my passport is under process. How long does it take to return? My visa office Singapore.

tarhel2013

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
I submitted my passport+dependents passports at local VFS. It has been already 2 weeks and nothing (tracking number says in progress at IRCC office and online account still in IP2). A guy who submitted 5 days after me got his online statut changed to “Approved” and I am still waiting.
Please, anybody experienced this? How much longer?

Feb 22, 2018
Edmonton
I submitted my passport+dependents passports at local VFS. It has been already 2 weeks and nothing (tracking number says in progress at IRCC office and online account still in IP2). A guy who submitted 5 days after me got his online statut changed to “Approved” and I am still waiting.
Like I said in my post. My wife submitted her passport to VFS 2 months ago and still no change. I think everyone is different. It's very strange the way they do things. But it's only been 7 months since we applied. I think we are way farther along in the process than I expected at this point.

Reactions: Java12

drkular

Apr 9, 2018
Thanks for your reply.
Just to update you, I mailed on delhi immigration email and CPD Ottawa email and explained my case. There reply were quick and I was granted extension and approval for submission of passport ( main applicant and dependant) in different countries.
Hi Sakshi, I will be travelling out of the country within these 30 days and hence facing a difficulty in submitting my passport. Can you please share the e-mail ID's where you dropped a mail explaining your case?

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
nowadays two to three weeks is usual . Everyone case is handled differently .I don't think it works as first received first stamped basis . We wish though . Good luck .

pranab2302

Nov 19, 2018
Which VFS ?

Reactions: Sayad103

pranab2302

Nov 19, 2018
nowadays two to three weeks is usual . Everyone case is handled differently .I don't think it works as first received first stamped basis . We wish though . Good luck .
VFS all over the world are so screwed up. Not sure why country like Canada chose them .. first time I saw humans in call center answar like automated standard line ... “we don’t know sir “ . It’s like hitting your head up the wall .. I had lil over a month for my visa to expire in US . My family passports are with them now and don’t have a tracking number sicnr last 1-2 weeks .. it’s very frustrating!!!

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
Can I walk in to case processing centre at ottawa for work visa stamping in passport

ITS case specific give it 3 more weeks