+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Many got Jobs?

Can10

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
mooving2canada said:
Hi Malu,
I dont know about others but for me its very hard to find job in my related field. I am having 7 years of experience in Insurance (in senior management)in India, but in Canada till date i couldnt find any job (salaried). I've landed on 26th May and applied in every insurance company and Bank presented in Canada. I got call from all of the comapnies but all are offering commission based job like agent, broker...
I did labourer job, security job and now doing as a supervisor at Gas station. Now im preparing for some certifications in Insurance and thinking to start my own business in Insurance..
Dear mooving2canada

I am also from insurance profession, currently working at senior management level. I am waiting for my pp return. Could you please advise me what type of certificate courses you are planninig to pursue in Canada and what are the chances that you would get job in your profession after your have completed the course. Your input will certainly help me and other forum members from the same profession.

Wish you all the best in your efforts to find a job of your choice.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
neel,

USA experience and education is valued
in Canada at least in IT.

Don't write any address on resume
just mention email and try for jobs

my advice don't leave job and come
to Canada . First test the waters from
USA

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
mailvdutt said:
I landed in Vancouver on 28-jul-2010 and started by job search and last week i got contract job in my area of IT .
IT Job market in Canada is good.

I wanted to land in Toronto , but landed in Vancouver as my wife got transfer from her Indian employer to Vancouver.
Vancouver IT job opportunities are less as compared to Toronto.

Note: I had earlier worked in Toronto in 2006 for 8 months and my customer (fortune 500 company) was willing to give reference for me.

Before coming in May-2010 i had posted my resume on Monster and took virtual number for Toronto so that potential employers can call me locally(The call would get transferred to my mobile in India).This was expensive , but this is very important as we can test water before we land.

Please note my job search experience can be different as i have worked in Canada, USA, Singapore with big fortune 500 companies.
I would recommend testing waters before coming to Canada.

Also keep a copy of your police verification as employers as for the same.

Hi Mailvdutt,

Can you please advise me from which web site I can buy virtual canada local number and can forward it to my Dubai mobile number in order to advertise on my resume?

Thanks

Shreeram

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from the Hotel Industry... Hoping to find a job quickly once i land, in any of the Restaurants ... But its a looooong time ahead.. just filling out forms and going to submit the application within the next 10 days...

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi Mailvdutt,

Can you please advise me from which web site I can buy virtual canada local number and can forward it to my Dubai mobile number in order to advertise on my resume?

Thanks

check http://www.voipvoip.com/

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
any new updates on Jobs front. I guess now the jobs situation is better in Canada.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
malu,

not yet, read this:

Employment increased by 36,000 in August 2010. At the same time, the unemployment rate edged up 0.1 percentage points to 8.1%, as more people entered the labour force.

it should come to 3-4%.

pammi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2008
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
Med's Request
22-9-2009
Med's Done....
12-10-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5 -11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
28-1-2010
LANDED..........
landed on 24 june toronto
Hi Molu,
I have landed in june and since my profession is a regulated one I have to give a licencing exam to practice(Occupational Therapist).When I applied for immigration back in 2009 I also started the credentialing process and got the exam date 3 july.
Thankfully passed the exam with god grace and got a job in my field.This job is underpaying but its still in my sector so no regrets.
For all Occupational and physical therapists there r so many jobs but to take licence is very difficult and exam is of canadian standard.
All the best
pammi

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
malu08,

would you please share something if we the IT guys have anything to do like pammi?

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I like to join this thread to get updates..

Thank to start this topic.

afin

Dec 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-1-2010
Doc's Request.
23-2-2010
AOR Received.
25-4-2010
IELTS Request
with full documents
File Transfer...
3-3-2010
Med's Request
waiting " In Process" from 31/5/11
Dear Seniors,

Would like to be clarified on the following aspects of job search :-

1- Under Non-Regulated category what are the impediments in job search

2- If job is available then what are the MAIN issues with the new immigrants,with respect to equal opportunity employers.

3- Is the Communications skills are a real cause of worry for Indians/new immigrant.

4- In non regulated employment what are the formalities.

5- who are the competitors in job market , is these are local candidates (i.e Canadians or the new immigrants.)

Hope you will provide your valuable guidence on this

regards,

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
jnathan said:
malu08,

would you please share something if we the IT guys have anything to do like pammi?
No Not at all. IT is one of the profession/occupation where you can get job without worrying about licencing or certification. It is non regulated one. Only thing you have to do is tweek your cv according to canadian standard and need good luck and skills to crack the interview.

FYI I spoke to one of my friend who is also into IT in Toronto. He has got four offers from four different companies which I feel is quite an achievment if market is not that good.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-13/canadian-currency-gains-to-almost-three-week-high-as-risk-demand-increase.html

http://www.timescolonist.com/business/Darker+reality+behind+stats/3521258/story.html

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, i believe this thread is more useful on dicussing about employment prospects rather than collecting relevant data.......

My wife is the PAand an occupational therapist in our case while i am a customer service professional with call center managment certification... what are the prospects for an ocupational therapist and a customer service/call center profesisonal to get jobs over there.....she has been working with children with special needs (autism,cerbral palsy, MR etc) for 4 years now while i have been assocciated with customer services for alsmost 6 years now...