+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Many got Jobs?

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
How many people got jobs in their original occupations after landing since Jan-2010?

This will give some idea about the scenario.

I hope people will not mind updating the list here.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malu08 said:
How many people got jobs in their original occupations after landing since Jan-2010?

I don't think you will be able to collect an up to date data on this topic because most of the landed immigrants are buzy with their routine for serching job and settlement related activities. Only a portion of landed people, who have enough time may be able to take part and will be able to contribute to this request. Any how your attempt is appreciated and is a valuable information.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for starting the thread Malu, it will help a great deal if we can get some information on the topic

BTW: when are you planning to land

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to "In Process"
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent via VFS on 14 Jun 2014
malu08 said:

This time it's not easy to get jobs in your original occupation. I have five years of experience in Canada and completed my undergrad studies here. I received interview calls only from 5 places in 12 months after applying for more than 400 jobs. About 8 to 20 people were called in for each interview and unfortunately I was not selected.

As an example, for an accounting position in Toronto with minimum 3 years of Canadian experience, about 110 job applications are submitted. About 5 to 20 people are called in for an interview. Time, unemployment, and patience gave me his analysis.

I do not know when the economy will recover. Keep applying for your jobs in your occupation. But do NOT depend on this. Start any job that pays you minimum $10.25 hourly.

Hope this will help new job seekers understand about the current market.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
ankit_20 said:
Thanks for starting the thread Malu, it will help a great deal if we can get some information on the topic

BTW: when are you planning to land
Thanks Ankit as Wilson correctly mentioned its difficult to get this data but it would be good if we have some thing.

On landing I have not decided yet. I got stuck here with my personal issues. I will now wait for winters to pass and will land in month of Feb or Early March 2011.

Whats your case any progress?

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
wilson said:
I don't think you will be able to collect an up to date data on this topic because most of the landed immigrants are buzy with their routine for serching job and settlement related activities. Only a portion of landed people, who have enough time may be able to take part and will be able to contribute to this request. Any how your attempt is appreciated and is a valuable information.
True. Thanks for the Post.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Kamloops said:
This time it's not easy to get jobs in your original occupation. I have five years of experience in Canada and completed my undergrad studies here. I received interview calls only from 5 places in 12 months after applying for more than 400 jobs. About 8 to 20 people were called in for each interview and unfortunately I was not selected.

As an example, for an accounting position in Toronto with minimum 3 years of Canadian experience, about 110 job applications are submitted. About 5 to 20 people are called in for an interview. Time, unemployment, and patience gave me his analysis.

I do not know when the economy will recover. Keep applying for your jobs in your occupation. But do NOT depend on this. Start any job that pays you minimum $10.25 hourly.

Hope this will help new job seekers understand about the current market.

Thanks Kamloops for this honest reply. I hope with your hardwork and dedication you will also have good offer in your occupation soon.

Thanks again .

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malu, my case is in status recv by Visa office for almost 3 months now. So it is wait and watch for me

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
ankit_20 said:
Malu, my case is in status recv by Visa office for almost 3 months now. So it is wait and watch for me
All the Best buddy. I hope you will get good news soon.

tamkah

Jun 11, 2010
malu08 said:

Hi Maluo8,

I have seen only a couple of new immigrants who have got jobs very quickly, but most of them actually went to school to get Canadian qualification. I have graduated from local university in Canada, so I never have any problem getting jobs. I have landed on 29th July 2010 and I was in work permit before.
I have found both websites (workopolis.com and monster.ca) are very helpful to apply for jobs.

I think there are lots of jobs in Canada but employers always look for Canadian qualification (education and experience).

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi Tamkah,
can you elaborate a little on the type of starter jobs currently available?
Which ones can we hope to get without much prior experience?

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
tamkah said:
Hi Maluo8,

I have seen only a couple of new immigrants who have got jobs very quickly, but most of them actually went to school to get Canadian qualification. I have graduated from local university in Canada, so I never have any problem getting jobs. I have landed on 29th July 2010 and I was in work permit before.
I have found both websites (workopolis.com and monster.ca) are very helpful to apply for jobs.

I think there are lots of jobs in Canada but employers always look for Canadian qualification (education and experience).
Thanks for your valuable input. I totally agree with you on this. Canadian exp is must to get good job.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I landed in Vancouver on 28-jul-2010 and started by job search and last week i got contract job in my area of IT .
IT Job market in Canada is good.

I wanted to land in Toronto , but landed in Vancouver as my wife got transfer from her Indian employer to Vancouver.
Vancouver IT job opportunities are less as compared to Toronto.

Note: I had earlier worked in Toronto in 2006 for 8 months and my customer (fortune 500 company) was willing to give reference for me.

Before coming in May-2010 i had posted my resume on Monster and took virtual number for Toronto so that potential employers can call me locally(The call would get transferred to my mobile in India).This was expensive , but this is very important as we can test water before we land.

Please note my job search experience can be different as i have worked in Canada, USA, Singapore with big fortune 500 companies.
I would recommend testing waters before coming to Canada.

Also keep a copy of your police verification as employers as for the same.

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Hi Malu,
I dont know about others but for me its very hard to find job in my related field. I am having 7 years of experience in Insurance (in senior management)in India, but in Canada till date i couldnt find any job (salaried). I've landed on 26th May and applied in every insurance company and Bank presented in Canada. I got call from all of the comapnies but all are offering commission based job like agent, broker...
I did labourer job, security job and now doing as a supervisor at Gas station. Now im preparing for some certifications in Insurance and thinking to start my own business in Insurance..

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
mooving2canada,

IT is different field than insurance, finance. I think getting local qualifications & certifications will help you