+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long will CIC take to return my passport?

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
I sent it via FedEx on 15th at the morning, it has been delivered on 16th at the morning also.
It seems that it's overnight.
Hi Nevo91,

I am trying to courier my passports but both FedEx and UPS refuse to give me the Prepaid Return envelope. They say they need the return date for the customs form. FedEx guy said that I should open an online account.........I am totally confused. What did you do? Please help.

Anybody's input would be much appreciated.

Nevo91

Jan 23, 2018
Hi Nevo91,

I am trying to courier my passports but both FedEx and UPS refuse to give me the Prepaid Return envelope. They say they need the return date for the customs form. FedEx guy said that I should open an online account.........I am totally confused. What did you do? Please help.

Anybody's input would be much appreciated.
Oh yeah the same happened to me.
It was ridiculous processes.
Eventually, I knew what should I do.
First go to FedEx website, open an account with your info, you will be asked about your credit card info, fill in all the required info.
Then now you are verified and you have an account number.
Take the account number with you to FedEx and tell them I wanna a prepaid return envelope to Canada and I have FedEx account.
They will give you applications to fill in then you will use your account number (as a method of payment)
That's all.
Hope it helps.

Reactions: lemonlemoning

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
First go to FedEx website, open an account with your info, you will be asked about your credit card info, fill in all the required info.
Take the account number with you to FedEx and tell them I wanna a prepaid return envelope to Canada and I have FedEx account.
They will give you applications to fill in then you will use your account number (as a method of payment)
That's all.
Hope it helps.
Thanks a ton! I am gonna try doing that right now.

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
That's all.
Hope it helps.
Thanks, I was able to send my passports and CPC Ottawa received them yesterday. Please post on the forum when you receive yours, it'll give me an idea of the current timeline. I wanted to send a personal message to you, don't know how to do that, any suggestion?
Thanks again!

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Thanks, I was able to send my passports and CPC Ottawa received them yesterday. Please post on the forum when you receive yours, it'll give me an idea of the current timeline. I wanted to send a personal message to you, don't know how to do that, any suggestion?
Thanks again!
Check out this thread. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passports-to-cpc-ottawa-january-2018.536293/page-27#post-6695696

Though it has a mix of all the different streams, that should help you gauge the timeline on getting your passport back. I recently got mine back and it was mailed out to me exactly 14 days after it was delivered to CPC - Ottawa. That seems be the trend at the moment. Hope that helps.

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017

Nevo91

Jan 23, 2018
Thanks again!
You are welcome!
So my updated timeline is
The passport sent 15th Jan
It delivered to ottowa 16th Jan
I received an email that my return envelope tracking number has been generated on 1st Feb
I received an email that the mail has been shipped on 2nd Feb
I received an email that my online CIC account has been updated on 2bd Feb
I got the passport today on 5th Feb ...

To send a private message, you can click on the person's name or picture and then press start new conversation.

Good luck!

Reactions: Joshua_Max

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
You are welcome!
So my updated timeline is
The passport sent 15th Jan
It delivered to ottowa 16th Jan
I received an email that my return envelope tracking number has been generated on 1st Feb
I received an email that the mail has been shipped on 2nd Feb
I received an email that my online CIC account has been updated on 2bd Feb
I got the passport today on 5th Feb ...

To send a private message, you can click on the person's name or picture and then press start new conversation.

Good luck!
Thanks!

pith_123

Sep 14, 2017
I sent my passport to Canada on 3rd Jan and they received it on the 4th. Haven't heard back from them since then. Can anyone share their experience regarding this. Any inputs or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you

anumqureshi93

Feb 20, 2018
My PR application is still in process and my passport is with CIC. Can anyone please tell me if I will be getting my Passport back too once I receive my PR or how long does it take to get your passport back ?

Shadzzzz

Feb 26, 2018
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport back in Canada? I received PPR and send it on the same day. I need my passport to apply for EU visa in two weeks.

thanks for your help.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport back in Canada? I received PPR and send it on the same day. I need my passport to apply for EU visa in two weeks.

thanks for your help.
1-2 weeks for approval
2-3 weeks for sending passport back

Asma_Amin

Dec 22, 2016
1-2 weeks for approval
2-3 weeks for sending passport back
Hey! I was wondering if you have any idea why sending the passport back using Canada Xpresspost takes 2-3 weeks? Shouldn't it be delivered within a week at max to most big cities in Canada? I am strictly referring to INLAND applicants. Or is the timeline different for inlanders? Thanks!