+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long takes to get a credential id of PR portal after you're approved for PR?

Jul 11, 2019
Hi, I got the first email for PR portal on 5th December, replied to the same on 6th December. I am awaiting for the PR portal credentials. Can anyone help me with the approximate timeline going forward? The reason I am asking is as I need to travel to US for some work in January and I think it will be better to travel once I receive my COPR. If anyone has any idea it will be great, also I was thinking to call IRCC directly and explain this to them but unsure if this might further delay in getting my COPR.
Thanks in advance!
Hey, I got my first email on Dec 9th. Just want to see if you have progressed from this step yet, just to get an idea?

Jul 11, 2019
Hi,
I got my first email today 15th December. I need to go to India on the 25th for a month because of emergency. I am planning to reply to the email on the 5th or 6th day out of the 7 given days and then raise a webform the day before my flight saying I have to go because of emergency so please hold my process till I am back. Will that help? And if someone knows how much time do we have to submit photo and address after receiving credentials please let me know.
Hey,

Just so you know, the PDF outlines that you must declare that you are in Canada and if not, then you got to give a date when you're coming back. Just replying on the last moment may not help, rather I suggest that email now and simply specify that you are already planning to fly and and come back in a month.

Reactions: pkathan1998

pkathan1998

Dec 16, 2023
Hey,

Just so you know, the PDF outlines that you must declare that you are in Canada and if not, then you got to give a date when you're coming back. Just replying on the last moment may not help, rather I suggest that email now and simply specify that you are already planning to fly and and come back in a month.
Hey Gunjan,
Thanks for your response. I thought about that as well but I am concerned that Am I not obliged to reply to the email with the required information as I am in Canada right now? The other way I thought was to reply with the asked information asap and then send a second response to the email saying that I am traveling or include a note in the end of my response with the asked information saying that I am traveling. Is that a feasible option? In your opinion.

Jul 11, 2019
Hey Gunjan,
Thanks for your response. I thought about that as well but I am concerned that Am I not obliged to reply to the email with the required information as I am in Canada right now? The other way I thought was to reply with the asked information asap and then send a second response to the email saying that I am traveling or include a note in the end of my response with the asked information saying that I am traveling. Is that a feasible option? In your opinion.
Hey, I personally just added a new paragraph stating my situation. However, I haven't got any response yet since I got the request on Dec 9.

Jask77

Dec 11, 2023
Hey, I got my first email on Dec 9th. Just want to see if you have progressed from this step yet, just to get an idea?
Unfortunately no. I am still awaiting the second email from IRCC. I am thinking of writing them an email for an update. The process could be slower right now due to the upcoming holiday season.

Reactions: Gunjan Panchal

AmninderBrar

Feb 6, 2020
hey guys,
I just got an email that my PR application is approved (Nov 14th). and IRCC asked to reply the email to get a credential id for confirming PR and applying for PR card.
I replied the email right away and I haven't heard anything yet!!

anybody has idea how long it will take?

It's been a week and I am just excited to finish my application and apply for PR card but this is taking so long..

Thanks!!

+btw I just checked my new PR tracker and there are document number of my CoPR that I haven't seen yet lol where is this document?!!!
Hi,
Did you got credential id, how long did it take after portal req?

AmninderBrar

Feb 6, 2020
Hi,
I got my first email on 13 Dec replied 14 Dec for me nd my spouse (outland). If somebody have any idea how long will it take for credentials or his passport request?

pkathan1998

Dec 16, 2023
Hey, Once we receive the credentials for PR PORTAL, how many Days do we have to submit our photo and address? Are there certain amount of days in which we have to do that?

Samiski

Dec 19, 2023
I sent the reply to the first email to VO Montreal on the 1st Dec. Just wondering what the current timelines are to get a response? I’m wondering whether it will help to resend the email?

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Got eCOPR for my family today. Details in signature.

And with that, I am retiring from the forum after 4 years. Good luck to everyone!