+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long takes to get a credential id of PR portal after you're approved for PR?

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I am inside Canada and there's no PPR for me anymore as I am already here.
Everyone received a letter that ask them to submit passport (if outside Canada) or apply for virtual landing in case of inside Canada, you should look for that letter if you believe your application reached that stage

Spiritwise

Nov 23, 2023
Everyone received a letter that ask them to submit passport (if outside Canada) or apply for virtual landing in case of inside Canada, you should look for that letter if you believe your application reached that stage
I'm inside Canada and I don't need a virtual landing as I already send my credential at Portal 2. I am just waiting for Ecopr and PR card.

But I have seen information here that he got received his PR card but there's no ecopr received on his timeline.. and that's my concern. I commented on his post but never give a responds to it.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I'm inside Canada and I don't need a virtual landing as I already send my credential at Portal 2. I am just waiting for Ecopr and PR card.

But I have seen information here that he got received his PR card but there's no ecopr received on his timeline.. and that's my concern. I commented on his post but never give a responds to it.
you need one of the two and at some point both, but getting a PR card and not ecopr is fine as well

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
you need one of the two and at some point both, but getting a PR card and not ecopr is fine as well
It's true but in the long term, you really should have a copy of the COPR (eCOPR). It may be rare but potentially has some meaningufl legal uses. There is a procduure to order a copy of it from IRCC after - I'd get it and keep a copy just in case.

Reactions: Spiritwise

Juan Diaz

Oct 17, 2023
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has obtained the ECOPR. I sent my address and my photos on portal 2 on October 20th.
Or did anyone get the cards first and then the ECOPR?
The photos and address are under review by IRCC. No update has been obtained. Another question I have is after I get the ECOPR or the cards should I go to change my SIN NUMBER? or what should I do?
We have been waiting 3 years for permanent residency....
Thank you very much to all who respond and to those of you who are still waiting I give you a warm hug.

Spiritwise

Nov 23, 2023
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has obtained the ECOPR. I sent my address and my photos on portal 2 on October 20th.
Or did anyone get the cards first and then the ECOPR?
The photos and address are under review by IRCC. No update has been obtained. Another question I have is after I get the ECOPR or the cards should I go to change my SIN NUMBER? or what should I do?
We have been waiting 3 years for permanent residency....
Thank you very much to all who respond and to those of you who are still waiting I give you a warm hug.
I uploaded my credentials on Nov 3 and till now no ecopr or PR card is coming.
YES, you have to update your SIN from Canada Center once you got your ecopr.

Jask77

Dec 11, 2023
Hi, I got the first email for PR portal on 5th December, replied to the same on 6th December. I am awaiting for the PR portal credentials. Can anyone help me with the approximate timeline going forward? The reason I am asking is as I need to travel to US for some work in January and I think it will be better to travel once I receive my COPR. If anyone has any idea it will be great, also I was thinking to call IRCC directly and explain this to them but unsure if this might further delay in getting my COPR.
Thanks in advance!

Mia07

Dec 13, 2023
Hi
I got my first email for pr portal on 8th December and waiting for login credentials. Anyone have same timeline? I’m also waiting to get COPR to travel outside Canada in January
VO Etobicoke
Thanks in advance

pkathan1998

Dec 16, 2023
Hi,
I got my first email today 15th December. I need to go to India on the 25th for a month because of emergency. I am planning to reply to the email on the 5th or 6th day out of the 7 given days and then raise a webform the day before my flight saying I have to go because of emergency so please hold my process till I am back. Will that help? And if someone knows how much time do we have to submit photo and address after receiving credentials please let me know.

ViviJ

Dec 16, 2023
Hi
I got my first email for pr portal on 8th December and waiting for login credentials. Anyone have same timeline? I’m also waiting to get COPR to travel outside Canada in January
VO Etobicoke
Thanks in advance
Hi Mia07,

We received our first email, in which they asked for the credentials for the portal, on December 7th. However, there's still no link for the portal. What confuses me is that when I go to the 'Find out more about the portal' in the PDF, I see that I already have an account there, and I can upload photos and some documents.
But, I'm not sure if it's the correct portal.
They also ask me to upload all my travel details (again), and I'm uncertain whether to fill out these forms there or wait for the link from their side.
I don’t want to apply for the wrong thing, haha :)