+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it will take for a Study Permit Application decision after Medical Exam passed

Preciousuch

Jul 17, 2023
Maybe little off topic here, is New portal (ircc one) better than old (gckey) for SDS?
They are both same. Just that the new portal is more easier than the old one. Although it’s my first application tho but when I compared both I noticed new portal is easier for me tho

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
They are both same. Just that the new portal is more easier than the old one. Although it’s my first application tho but when I compared both I noticed new portal is easier for me tho
I was about to apply on the new portal, but the Proof of Funds got me, and as in SDS we don't show the funds, but I applied on GCKey
and later somebody told me its tuition fees
Yeah I know there are no IMM forms on the new one, only question answers taken in starting, I had everything ready too on the newer portal

Preciousuch

Jul 17, 2023
I was about to apply on the new portal, but the Proof of Funds got me, and as in SDS we don't show the funds, but I applied on GCKey
Yeah I know there are no IMM forms on the new one, only question answers taken in starting, I had everything ready too on the newer portal
The most important is that you applied, either new of Old I think they are all for application. All we need is PPR

Preciousuch

Jul 17, 2023
Did you get any update
[/QUOTE

rafiel2921

Nov 14, 2023
Hi!

My status on the tracker says:

Biometrics: Completed
Medical exam: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Background verification: In progress

Overall status is In Progress. GCKEY is also in progress and currently reviewing eligibility.
Study permit number fields are not yet filled.

What are my chances?

Thank you so much! I'm a bit stressed as my classes will start on 7 January and the flight ticket costs are increasing very fast.

Preciousuch

Jul 17, 2023
Hi!

My status on the tracker says:

Biometrics: Completed
Medical exam: Completed
Eligibility: Completed
Background verification: In progress

Overall status is In Progress. GCKEY is also in progress and currently reviewing eligibility.
Study permit number fields are not yet filled.

What are my chances?

Thank you so much! I'm a bit stressed as my classes will start on 7 January and the flight ticket costs are increasing very fast.
My dear we are all waiting. When did you apply what’s your timeline. Your tracker is even updating mine my tracker stopped updating last month 20th. What’s your timeline

rafiel2921

Nov 14, 2023
My dear we are all waiting. When did you apply what’s your timeline. Your tracker is even updating mine my tracker stopped updating last month 20th. What’s your timeline
I lodged my application on October 12, 2023.
Does "eligibility completed" on the tracker means anything positive? Or my chances are still 50/50?
Thanks!

Preciousuch

Jul 17, 2023
I lodged my application on October 12, 2023.
Does "eligibility completed" on the tracker means anything positive? Or my chances are still 50/50?
Thanks!
I think 50/50. Since on the tracker there’s no study permit number. I lodged august 31 still no update from them. The total processing time is 11weeks so I think you’re still on the time frame

Reactions: rafiel2921