+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does NDVO usually take for PPR after pre-arrival letter?

Feb 2, 2017
Visa office mentioned on Sponsor approval with a line says...your application has been forward to visa office 'NAME" for further processing. Check your sponsor approval if no visa office mentioned then most likely your visa office is Ottawa and for Ottawa usually is max 1-2 weeks to get PPR after pre arrival
I checked my sponsor approval letter but it doesn’t say any specific visa office name. My sponsor approval letter came from Sydney case processing centre which said “The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing” and todays pre-arrival letter came from centralized Ottawa case processing centre.
Are you sure it’s being processed at Ottawa office and it would take maximum 1-2 weeks for PPR ?

Feb 2, 2017
Visa office mentioned on Sponsor approval with a line says...your application has been forward to visa office 'NAME" for further processing. Check your sponsor approval if no visa office mentioned then most likely your visa office is Ottawa and for Ottawa usually is max 1-2 weeks to get PPR after pre arrival
Our status on PR tracker is showing completed for eligibility and background check. They have also issued the COPR travel document. Just waiting for the PPR email. Does anyone knows how much time it takes for PPR after they have issued the travel document number ?

Reactions: 1996kaur

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Our status on PR tracker is showing completed for eligibility and background check. They have also issued the COPR travel document. Just waiting for the PPR email. Does anyone knows how much time it takes for PPR after they have issued the travel document number ?
You can expect in max 2 weeks.

Feb 2, 2017
You can expect in max 2 weeks.
We received PPR request this morning but there’s no PDF letter attached to the email to send it along with the passport and there’s no details of where to send the passport on the email which has been issued by Ottawa office. Has anyone come across a situation similar to us ? What shall we do ? Any idea how long it takes to get the passport back after after visa stamping and do they provide COPR

Reactions: he5ham

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hi,

Application date- June 2022
Medical and biometrics completed.
We got the pre-arrival letter today for an Outland spousal sponsorship application and the PR tracker is still showing the eligibility in progress and background check as not started. Anyone here with the same timeline or received pre-arrival letter and COPR recently ? Please reply to this post so we can keep a track of updated timeline for our Outland spousal sponsorship final decision.
Thanks
I applied in June 2022 and received a Pre-arrival letter Feb 16, 2023. PR tracker appears to be completed for everything except background.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We received PPR request this morning but there’s no PDF letter attached to the email to send it along with the passport and there’s no details of where to send the passport on the email which has been issued by Ottawa office. Has anyone come across a situation similar to us ? What shall we do ? Any idea how long it takes to get the passport back after after visa stamping and do they provide COPR
Assuming you're abroad, contact the nearest VFS office.

DIvyeshDX

Oct 17, 2021
I applied in June 2022 and received a Pre-arrival letter Feb 16, 2023. PR tracker appears to be completed for everything except background.
I also applied in june 2022 and got a pre- arrival on march 10 , on pr tracker shows eligibility completed but background not started…

how long it will take for PPR???
Any india,??

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
I also applied in june 2022 and got a pre- arrival on march 10 , on pr tracker shows eligibility completed but background not started…

Any india,??
It's been a very stressful process too. Mine shows background in progress for over a month now. I have no clue how long PPR will take. But I have seen and heard applicants with the same timeline as like us got their PPR. Within a week or two.

1996kaur

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020

Any india,??
New delhi visa office, June 2022 applicant, Pre arrival on dec 14,2022. Background not started yet on tracker & gckey.

linaqc

Feb 9, 2023
Hi all. I received pre-arrival Dec 16th and haven't had any updates since. PR tracker shows everything completed. I don't know what's taking so long :(

• Sad
Reactions: he5ham