+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's coming back soon guys. Just think of all those people waiting for years and realize how lucky we are that we are discussing this :)

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
It's coming back soon guys. Just think of all those people waiting for years and realize how lucky we are that we are discussing this :)
absolutely :)

giluy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
Med's Request
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Interview........
In Process 08-02-2013
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Hi ronaldoyaronaldo,

Yes. I totally agree. We are luckier than lots of ppl in the forum. I believe it is just couple of weeks.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Yeah right, but I get off by always whining about something. :D

StillWaiting87

Mar 12, 2013
I emailed the Detroit office on Feb.12 and got this email back asking me to send my passport to Ottawa for visa issuing, I send the passport same day and Ottawa office received it on Feb.13..still waiting...

If you received a letter from the Case Processing Pilot Office in Ottawa (CPP-O) requesting you to forward your passport(s) to our office for issuance of your permanent residence visas we will keep accepting passports until Friday, February 15, 2013 only.
You were requested by our office in Ottawa in November 2012 to submit your passport to our office for visa issuance. To date we have not received your passport. Since you will not have time to submit your passport to our office before February 15th you may now want to forward your passport directly to our office at the Case processing Pilot Office in Ottawa. Please include a copy of this email exchange together with your passports.

How to Send your Documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

Please submit all documents by MAIL in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:

CPP – Ottawa

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:

CPP – Ottawa

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

If you have a mailing address in Canada: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase two (2) PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

- Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

- Keep a tracking number sticker from each envelope.

- Fold and enclose the self-addressed envelope in the other envelope along with your passport(s) and a copy of this request letter.

We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

CPP-Ottawa accepts no responsibility for any passport lost in the mail.

glennster

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
PEI Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Bioprocess technician
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 July 2012 - CC charged 30th August 2012
Nomination.....
01 June 2012
AOR Received.
10 September 2012
Med's Request
12 September 2012
Med's Done....
17 September 2012 ECAS Med Received 09 Nov 2012... In process Nov 8th 2012
Passport Req..
05 feb 2013 CPP ottawa
VISA ISSUED...
28 March 2013 (CPR only visa exempt)
LANDED..........
13 April 2013
5 weeks for me now after Passport was received in Ottawa ... come on guys get printing!

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
I got a reply from CPP-O that they have a huge backlog of more than a month now. They have thousands of files to be printed a visa on.

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
chatdips said:
I got a reply from CPP-O that they have a huge backlog of more than a month now. They have thousands of files to be printed a visa on.
Really?! Would you please quote their response here?

So that's how they took care of our application by end of February?! Some didn't get anything, some got required to submit a pointless get-busy background document, and those who actually got a PPR are put in yet another crowded printing queue?! WTF?!

You guys say we should be happy that we got "something" from Ottawa, but that's exactly how they get to put off more Buffalo applications. I'm not gonna stop pushing until I get that freaking visa in my hand.

I suggest we all keep emailing them, even though it may not accelerate the process, it might put more pressure on them.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's odd!

CPP-O emailed me and indicated that my passport was received on February 15th and the visa should be issued within 2 weeks!

Come on you guys I am already excited and worried at the same time, can't handle more emotions

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
That's odd!

CPP-O emailed me and indicated that my passport was received on February 15th and the visa should be issued within 2 weeks!

Come on you guys I am already excited and worried at the same time, can't handle more emotions
I got the same reply some 2-3 weeks back... But till no passport...

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Does your status say "Decision Made"
yes.. since long time back.. did they mean 2 weeks from today or from Feb 15th?