+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
It depends on when they received it
Do they contact you when they receive it?

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Did anyone got any reply from CPP-O on the timelines for returning the passport? I got one mail 2 weeks back from CPP-O saying that it takes 2 weeks. But i think its around a month at least.

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chatdips said:
Did anyone got any reply from CPP-O on the timelines for returning the passport? I got one mail 2 weeks back from CPP-O saying that it takes 2 weeks. But i think its around a month at least.
I emailed them inquiring about the status and they didn't reply

Phil_R

Nov 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
Nomination.....
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-09-2012
Med's Request
21-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-09-2012 (Received 02-11-2012)
Interview........
Ecas 'in process' 05-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
All,

I am in Calgary, Alberta. I drove to Carway PoE. Then passed to the US border control, they knew exactly what I was doing before I even had to say it. The officer took my passport and I drove into a small car park and entered the building, I was given a refusal to enter US (but told this was not an official refusal to enter) and passed back to the canadian border control. I went inside the building and the officer took my CoPR and asked me to sit in a waiting room for a little while. After about 15 mins I was called back and he explained the process then said congratulations on gaining permanent residency. Overall it was a really smooth process and I was back in Calgary after about 7 hours for the whole trip.

I hope everyone else that is waiting will get their CoPR soon, and has a similarly easy experience in gaining PR status.

giluy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
Med's Request
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Interview........
In Process 08-02-2013
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Phil_R said:
All,

I am in Calgary, Alberta. I drove to Carway PoE. Then passed to the US border control, they knew exactly what I was doing before I even had to say it. The officer took my passport and I drove into a small car park and entered the building, I was given a refusal to enter US (but told this was not an official refusal to enter) and passed back to the canadian border control. I went inside the building and the officer took my CoPR and asked me to sit in a waiting room for a little while. After about 15 mins I was called back and he explained the process then said congratulations on gaining permanent residency. Overall it was a really smooth process and I was back in Calgary after about 7 hours for the whole trip.

I hope everyone else that is waiting will get their CoPR soon, and has a similarly easy experience in gaining PR status.
Congratulation. Wish u all the best.

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil_R said:
All,

Congrats Phil! This is really useful info for me as I reside in Calgary too and plan to the same when that day comes.

Good luck!

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil_R said:
All,

Congratulations....!!!
Thank you very much for sharing your landing experience.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodluck999 said:
I send on the 8th Feb, It have been one month....
Seems that they take about a month to send passport back. You will get it soon.

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Lets hope we all get the passports back by this week. I have a trip planned next week :(

goodluck999

Star Member
Dec 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
SOON!!
VISA ISSUED...
SOON!!
chatdips said:
Lets hope we all get the passports back by this week. I have a trip planned next week :(
hope so, I sent 2 emails to ask about update no reply over 2 weeks...how abou thou?

essy86

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O / Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
May 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
goodluck999 said:
hope so, I sent 2 emails to ask about update no reply over 2 weeks...how abou thou?
One month and 5 days since PPR, and not even the mail tracker has been set off.

Have you folks tried calling the CIC call centre? Since they have your passport, you may get a better response than the generic be-patient BS.

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Its hard to get hold of the CIC over the phone. Most of the times one can't get through the number.

goodluck999

Star Member
Dec 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-09-2012
Passport Req..
SOON!!
VISA ISSUED...
SOON!!
essy86 said:
One month and 5 days since PPR, and not even the mail tracker has been set off.

Have you folks tried calling the CIC call centre? Since they have your passport, you may get a better response than the generic be-patient BS.
they dont answer anything about visa, it is visa office. I called them, cic said all you have to do is waiting.